360 degree sunset

Just awesome.  You can see color on all sides.  360!

krnl said:

Just awesome.  You can see color on all sides.  360!

I saw that! I was coming out of staples and the one side was a beautiful golden yellow, turn around and the sky was pink. Every direction was awash in color.

Seriously!! Usually we can't see the sunset from our house because the hill of the reservation is right up against the west side of our house, but even looking east today the sky was a gorgeous pink. What a treat. We get incredible sunrises this time of year (we have an almost unobstructed view to the southeast), but it's so special to get some sunset, too.

Red skies at night, sailor's delight right?? Tomorrow should be a good day. oh oh

marylago said:

It was spectacular!

And it was free

I also took this yesterday on the NY Thruway.

From my front porch

I watched it too. From my back yard:

@ridski I wish there was a "like" button -- that is a seriously gorgeous photograph!

beppolina said:

@ridski I wish there was a "like" button -- that is a seriously gorgeous photograph!

Thanks! To be fair, though, I do have an awesome view from my yard and I remind my FB friends of it way too much.

My post was supposed to have a pic attached. :sigh:

Love everyone's photos.  For once I left my camera inside and just went outside and drank in the marvelous colors as I circumnavigated my home.

Leaving work at Liberty State Park last night I did notice Lower Manhattan had a brilliant orange-red hue lighting the skyline.  I didn't remember ever seeing the sunset to throw so much color to the east, and I see it was a special situation.  Pics taken at 4:31, two minutes before sunset.  

Even the night before had a gorgeous sunset.  Look at the amazing colors of the jet contrails from the E. Hanover Costco parking lot.  Hey, beggars can't be choosy in their "nature" photos.  

http://www.nj.com/weather/index.ssf/2015/11/just_why_was_sundays_sunset_so_spectacular_in_nj.html

This is definitely the season for spectacular sunsets. I just rediscovered a pic I took on November 23, 2013 heading down to Marlton in South Jersey.

Link to larger version 

https://instagram.com/p/hGVOkXvBpK/

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.