Anyone for hire that can maintain/service our Panasonic KX-T7633 Phone system?

We are in W. Orange and use a Panasonic phone system in the house. Will upload a photo of one of the phones.

Need help with probably minor programming issues and also would like a source for buying replacement handset.

(Yes, we all have cell phones, but we can't give up the system bc we love it for the intercom function. Life is sooooo nice without shouting oh oh

Here's one of the phones -

pdg said:

Life is sooooo nice without shouting oh oh
Oh, I should so get one of those. When I am in the middle of cooking with my hands full and I call my husband to help me with something, he doesn't hear me. I call him a bit louder, he still doesn't hear me. I call louder still, and he gets pissed that I'm "yelling" at him.

spontaneous said:

pdg said:

Life is sooooo nice without shouting oh oh
Oh, I should so get one of those. When I am in the middle of cooking with my hands full and I call my husband to help me with something, he doesn't hear me. I call him a bit louder, he still doesn't hear me. I call louder still, and he gets pissed that I'm "yelling" at him.

I'd get pissed, too. Walls are there to separate sound. Circumventing them by yelling doesn't mean I'm supposed to listen, nor does it mean I should be happy with a yelling sound. It's not your husband's fault he doesn't hear you.

pdg, I'm not available for hire any more. I bet most any computer or home audio consultant could help.

Tom, you'd be surprised - apparently phones are not a sexy business these days (if they ever were.)
LOL

But, yes, the pleasure of being able to use a normal voice while remaining in the room I'm currently busy in, is huge. Especially with the "all page" feature, which intercoms every phone in the house in case I don't know where anyone is. I thought it was a dumb thing to get, and was shocked at how much I use and enjoy the intercom.

You can try: Onega
156 S Valley Rd, West Orange, NJ 07052
(973) 669-1066

We used them years ago when they had a second store in Maplewood on Boyden, I think.

Tom_Reingold said:

I'd get pissed, too. Walls are there to separate sound. Circumventing them by yelling doesn't mean I'm supposed to listen, nor does it mean I should be happy with a yelling sound. It's not your husband's fault he doesn't hear you.

I'd agree with you if it weren't for the fact that he does the same thing to me, but for some odd reason I am able to hear him the first time. Gooses and ganders and all that.

We don't live in a huge three story Victorian, or a sprawling ranch, where calling out from one end of the house to the other and expecting to be heard would be an exercise in futility. We live in a very small bungalow, and from the kitchen to the living room there is a clear line of sight and a distance of less than 25 feet.

Does anybody fix phones and the like any more?  It seems like they just tell you to buy new ones.  

I wanted to get my microwave oven door fixed at some point (nothing to do with the actual microwave cooking apparatus) and could not find anyone who would do it.

sac said:

Does anybody fix phones and the like any more?  It seems like they just tell you to buy new ones.  

I wanted to get my microwave oven door fixed at some point (nothing to do with the actual microwave cooking apparatus) and could not find anyone who would do it.

Did you try Ralph at One Stop Repairs? He fixes all kinds of things.

Tom_Reingold said:

sac said:

Did you try Ralph at One Stop Repairs? He fixes all kinds of things.

I don't think I knew about him.  I will check it out, thanks!

Panasonic has the manual online http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/KXT7630.PDF

Replacement handsets are available online, for example here: http://panasonicbts.factoryoutletstore.com/Category/CategoryListNoCache.aspx?category_id=0&search_term=7633&cid=15682%20d=1&rct=j&q=

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!