GOP2020: What Becomes Of The Collaborators Post-Trump?

Robert_Casotto said:
if you love paying an extra 10-20 grand a year to the US Treasury, by all means, do.

Where can I get a Maserati for that price?

Thanks.

I'll look into that as soon as my Lease on my Bentley expires.

Robert_Casotto said:
if you love paying an extra 10-20 grand a year to the US Treasury, by all means, do.

It seems you have no issue publicly expounding on your "wealth." 1 percenter? I'm sure some, like me, are "duly impressed."

However, having worked with and known some really wealthy people, I have never seen them expound publicly on their wealth. They live lives of leisure, such residing full time in hotels suites while never doing salary work. They found its not wise besides being boorish. But there can be exceptions like Trump.

ridski said:

STANV said:

Robert_Casotto said:
 Where can I get a Maserati for that price?
 https://www.maseratiofcentralnj.com/specials-maserati-lease-2019-maserati-levante-awd-lease-special-dealer-11596-sid-94994.html?gaw=adwords&gclid=CjwKCAiA45njBRBwEiwASnZT5-Rw7hZJaEWeklvkpWujlxaJL_0y2skCNs-e8uGFZIwku6AgfwfheBoCvwcQAvD_BwE
Lease for $9660 a year.

personally, I'm not an SUV guy.  I'd go with the Ghibli at $13,332 per year.

https://www.maseratiofcentralnj.com/inventory.aspx?_search=ghibli

If you think the AMT applies, or ever applied to the “wealthy”, it’s little wonder you habitually vote Democrat.

Robert_Casotto said:
If you think the AMT applies, or ever applied to the “wealthy”, it’s little wonder you habitually vote Democrat.

Democratic.

And I know very well what the AMT is and who it applies to.  Where is your sense of humor?  Oh never mind. I've read your posts and I know you don't have one.

Bibi & Trump: Shared Strategies

JERUSALEM — Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has made something of an art form of cutting deals with small Israeli political parties, but his latest alliance has earned him denunciations from quarters where he has usually been able to count on unshakable support.

Mr. Netanyahu, his future imperiled by prosecutors and political challengers alike, has enraged Jewish leaders in Israel and the United States by striking a bargain with a racist anti-Arab party whose ideology was likened by one influential rabbi to Nazism. Even pro-Israel groups in the United States that prefer to air their disagreements quietly have issued public condemnations.

The furor has aggravated already fraught relations between Israel and Jews in the diaspora, undercutting American and European Jewry’s efforts to fight anti-Semitism at a time when it is on the rise on both continents.

nyt

There is laughter in Hell.

And speaking of racists, here's an ironic tidbit (vis a vis Trump's racist Pocahontas taunts):

There was just one problem with this “one-drop rule.” The Virginia law defined whiteness as the absence not only of black blood but of Indian blood, too. Ever since the days of John Randolph, many prominent white Virginians had boasted of being direct descendants of Pocahontas. The Racial Integrity Act would have rendered them no longer white. That would simply not do, and so the state legislature tacked on a so-called Pocahontas exception. Even if Virginians were up to one-sixteenth Native American, the revised law held, they would still be considered white. People who were one-sixteenth black, on the other hand, were still black.

(bold is mine) 

She Has Her Mother's Laugh  (Zimmer, 2018)

Two giants of government humiliated on the same day. Too bad Trump and Bibi won't be able to share a cell.

Israel’s attorney general on Thursday announced he will indict Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on corruption charges, local media reported.

Attorney General Avichai Mandelblit said he planned to charge Netanyahu with bribery, fraud and breach of trust. All charges are subject to a hearing, which will likely take place after a snap election to be held in April. 

I guess we can call Trump a war hero since he was shot down in Hanoi.

Is it bad that I kinda want to get this for my MAGA-in-law?

ridski said:
Is it bad that I kinda want to get this for my MAGA-in-law?

No. It's perfect - how could a MAGA guy reject such a gift? Pair it with a nice lanyard.

throw in a nice Trump Cabernet Reserve and you’re golden.

I'm surprised that Trump didn't complain about the profile. Looks like its time to have a little work done.

Robert_Casotto said:

Eric owns that and even my MAGA-in-law would rather **** in her hands and clap than touch anything he's been involved with.

Trump never touches alcohol.

Another thing he has in common with Hitler.

ridski said:
I guess we can call Trump a war hero since he was shot down in Hanoi.

He's a hero because he was shot down?

I like people who weren't shot down. OK?

ridski said:

Robert_Casotto said:
 Eric owns that and even my MAGA-in-law would rather **** in her hands and clap than touch anything he's been involved with.

Ah, so there is hope for her. grin 

ridski said:

Robert_Casotto said:

Her loss. The 2015 vintage emotes a ruby rich delight, packed with mouth-watering sumptuousness with hints of brambleberry, blackberry, boysenberry, and Frankenberry flourishes. A treat to pair with beef testicles or lamb spleen escabeche. Also an ideal companion for Cherry Garcia.

"Blameless Paul Manafort"

By 
March 7, 2019 8:19 pm

I don’t know if anyone anticipated Paul Manafort receiving such a vast downward revision from the sentencing guidelines – just under four years when federal sentencing guidelines leaned toward more than twenty (19-24 years). But if there was a judge who was going to wrench the scales in Manafort’s favor it was going to be Judge Ellis. During the trial Ellis made no effort to hide his sympathy for Manafort and hostility toward the government’s case. He attacked the government’s lawyering. He attacked the government’s case. He questioned the existence of the Special Counsel’s office itself. It came up again and again. Ellis was even compelled on to rule against his own manifest partiality in at least one instance.

Ellis sang a similar tune at sentencing. He called the recommendation “excessive”. He praised Manafort for being “a generous person” who was “involved in lots of good things” and for living “an otherwise blameless life.” One might be excused for thinking Ellis had been giving Manafort a job recommendation rather than a sentence for a list of felonies.

No one should go to jail for being a sleazy huckster. But saying Paul Manafort had lived a “blameless life” is an almost comical verdict for a man who is widely recognized as one of the creators of the modern influence peddling trade and who worked for some of the shadiest dictators in the world. If anything I think Ellis did us a favor by not only showing his cards but shoving them in our collective faces. He left no doubt that he was on Manafort’s side throughout the trial and down until today. The sentence is rightly seen in that light.

There’s no way this isn’t hitting the sentencing jackpot for Manafort. The problem for him is that he needs to hit the jackpot twice. He gets sentenced next week with a similar sentencing recommendation in Washington, DC. And, unlike Judge Ellis, Judge Amy Berman Jackson wasn’t blowing Manafort kisses at trial.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/the-manafort-sentence

He praised Manafort for being “a generous person” who was “involved in lots of good things” and for living “an otherwise blameless life.”

Yup, he was involved in lots of good things. A real humani-f'ing-tarian.  

GL2 said:
He praised Manafort for being “a generous person” who was “involved in lots of good things” and for living “an otherwise blameless life.”
Yup, he was involved in lots of good things. A real humani-f'ing-tarian.  

I'd love to see a page on social media that listed the assorted crimes that have merited 4 year sentences,

I wonder if Judge Ellison has a twitter account.

I hope we're all getting started on our good deed doing, just in case we find ourselves in a similar situation one day.

doesn't "lived a blameless" life simply mean "he was never caught until recently"?

Some commentators said that such light sentences are usual for "white collar" crimes, but frankly I do not think it is the color of a person's "collar" that makes the difference.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.