Got Shower Chair/Lightweight Wheel Chair NOW WHAT?

Oh, that is awesome. Her boss is a good egg.  rolleyes 

How are you feeling? 

in the Emergency Riom getting additional fluids and pain and anti-nausea meds  waiting for doc  

I want go home!

So sorry! Wishing you quick recovery and prompt return home!

Home yet? Hope all is resolved!

Were you able to keep the ice pops and/or jello down once you got them?  If not, can the doctor suggest something else that would work?  Better yet, are you able to change your medication to something more friendly to your body?  Anti-nausea meds may help but you are better off not taking more meds than necessary. If worst came to worst, would you be able to handle the pain without medication and then remain more hydrated?  

If she ended up in the ER from pain and nausea, I'm guessing she can't do without the medication ... Yet.

How are you doing this morning? I'm so sorry for the pain and nausea, and I hope the doctors were able to do something about it.  LOL 

Dehydration, which is the reason LL is in the ER, would have been caused by the nausea which may have been caused by the pain meds.  Primary issue now is to control the dehydration, which can be life-threatening.  Secondary issue is to control the pain.  If she can be switched to a different pain medication which won't have the same impact (cause nausea) or if she can be given a combination of medications to control both the the nausea and the pain, that would be preferable.

Home now. 36 hours after stopping pain meds I still couldnt keep anything down. Three bags of fluids and an X-ray to make sure I didn't rip anything. Just woke up. Pain is manageable without meds. Stomach still queasy. I have to sip lightly and take it easy. Better now. Thanks everyone for your concern. Family has been great. Everyone is sleeping now and I think I'll join them. Talk later

I'm glad you are home and somewhat better. I didn't mean to derail the thread into a back-and-forth, so I'm sorry for that. I hope you can get enough fluids to stay healthy! Can you take ordinary painkillers, like Advil? That might help some without making your stomach unhappy.

I'm so, so sorry you are having to deal with this.  

RN consult recommended compazine for the nausea.  Ask your dr. if that would help.  Glad you are feeling better.  

Aww, feel better LL!  rolleyes 

Good gracious...hope things go smoothly form here out

much better this morning  zig ran combined with get care by my daughter seems to have worked miracles  ( along with two slugs of water ever 15 minutes)  on the road back!  St B's ER staff was wonderful last night!

Good to hear, LL, keep the progress going.

So glad to learn that you are back home.  Keep drinking!

Glad you are better able to tolerate liquids now and that you are drinking more. Please don't wait so long next time to sound the alarm should you find yourself unable to tolerate the amount of liquid you need to stay hydrated.  Even more so, hope there will not be a next time.

Reporting in on day 16 of these bull*****.

Acceptance has given over to anger , just a little bit. Just took one of my twice weekly showers (damn hard getting up to the second floor) and fell on my own pants leg. Nothing hurt but my coccyx and my pride

Mr DrLL is trying real hard but he isn't innately mothering (fathering?). If I ask he is there in a flash but I want him to anticipate my needs not react. Gotta get over that.

If this wasnt a blog I wouldnt be writing this all but it makes me feel better to say it.

Ignore me, okay? It'll get better. Doc is schedule for a week from Thursday and more news then

Awww. So sorry. It wears very thin in a big hurry, doesn't it? 

I wonder if you could put Mr. DrLL on a caregiving schedule of some kind? It would be nice if he would anticipate, but I am sure I could live and die without Mr. PeggyC ever figuring anything like that out. Not sure their wiring can accept that kind of programming.  LOL 

And no, we will most certainly not ignore you. This sucks, and you are allowed to complain. That's part of why MOL is here. Not to mention friends.  grin 

Have you considered making do with sponge baths (basin with worm water, soap and a towel) for now and using a dry shampoo?  Next time you fall it may not be just your pride that gets injured. I know it is hard and more than a little demeaning but you may just have settle in some ways until healing progresses.

Well, I'll check in in about an hour...this with my hair brushed!  oh oh 2 mins every few days does a girl good  rolleyes 

It's really a drag! Don't feel bad for complaining. Plus this crappy weather is depressing. Boo! 

Deborah, it leaked over to here: grey overcast morning! cheese

anyone grousing about weather: please visit the sunshine thread  >smile

just wondering how you're doing, dear one? I'm rushing off to work in a few minutes (pre-work grooming & dressing), but I'm sure we all wish you well!  rolleyes 

Very good question! How are you, LL? Inquiring minds need to know.

I am gonna post tomortow after my two week post op doc appt   Fingers crossed everyone  I need to hear good news  be back tomorrow 

PVs coming your way! I hope that at least the pain is subsiding. But I will wait for your post-appointment report.  grin 

Hope all goes well.  Please share the results.  Keep in mind that this is a s-l-o-w process but it will have a positive outcome.

good luck today LL!

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!