Maplewood Memorial Day Parade and Ceremony May 28, 2018

I just received the following email from the Commander of Maplewood Memorial Post 10120 VFW, sponsor of the Maplewood Memorial Day Parade:

Community based organizations, youth groups, and service organizations are invited to participate in the Memorial Day Parade on May 28, 2018.  Parade assembles at the Columbia High School Student Parking Lot by 8:30 am with a 9:00 am kick off.  

This year there is a special need for Eagle Scouts to participate in the honor guard and for drivers willing and able to drive one or more veterans along the parade route.                                               

Regards,Frank Warzocha
Commander, Maplewood Memorial Post 10120

The email did not include contact information for those organizations wanting to sign up to be in this year's parade.  I will try to get that information.  In the meanwhile, groups can post here or send me a PM and I will pass along the information.

Girl Scouts will be there!

Thanks.  I'll pass the information on to Frank.

If your group wants to march in the Memorial Day Parade or if you have questions regarding the parade, you should call  Frank Warzocha at 973-378-2021.  You can also post replies here and I will forward them.

Seth Boyden Demonstration School would like to participate! I will also give Mr. Warzocha a call. 

Thank you.  I let Frank know that Seth Boyden School should be added to the order of march.  If you plan to have a vehicle or a motorized float in the parade, please let him know when you contact him since this could impact where at least part of your group will assemble and your group's position in the order of march.

Maplewood Community Music is happy to march once again this year. 

Post 10120 has been notified that Maplewood Community Music should be added to the order of march.  Will Hilton Neighborhood Association be marching with you again this year?

I will contact HNA and let you know

Reminder:  The Memorial Day Parade and Ceremony is just one week away.  Call Frank Warzocha at 973-378-2021 to let Frank know if you are a member of community group, youth group, or service organization that would like to be in the Memorial Day Parade so your group can be added to the order of march.  If you would like to march under the banner of SOMA Two Towns For All Ages, please post here or send me a PM so I can forward information to you.  Hope to see all of you on Memorial Day.

Thanks for the photos,Jamie. What a great turnout. Really proud of our town and its wonderful people.

We had a friend visiting who was awed by the strong sense of community.  The parade was wonderful as always - thanks to everyone who marched.  It was especially nice to see the police officers in their dress uniforms.  

Thanks to the CHS band.  Taps always makes me tear up.  Mayor DeLuca's speech was good - it was on target and not too long.

Was it my imagination or are the speakers for the sound system on the steps behind the speakers?  The only flaw with the ceremony was that, once again, we could not hear the men of the VFW.  There must be a way to fix that.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.