Maplewoodstock to postpone until July 2022

After much research and consultation with local health officials, the Maplewoodstock Volunteer Committee has made the decision to postpone the Maplewoodstock Music and Arts Festival from October 2021 until July 2022. We are very disappointed to share this news.

We had high hopes to present the festival in October, but the more transmissible COVID-19 Delta variant, combined with other factors, has led to an increasing number of COVID-19 cases throughout NJ, including Essex County.

Maplewoodstock is a family-friendly and community event, enjoyed by all ages including children. One of many factors that led to our decision is that children are not currently eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine, and we cannot in good conscience put them at risk. The committee discussed many alternatives that might allow us to hold the festival this October. However, as the health and safety of the bands, artists, vendors, partners, volunteers, attendees -- especially our children -- must be our top priority, we feel very strongly that, while disappointing, this is the responsible decision.

Our bands, sponsors, vendors, and volunteers have already been informed of this postponement.

Peace, be safe, and we hope to see you in July 2022.

maplewoodstock said:

After much research and consultation with local health officials, the Maplewoodstock Volunteer Committee has made the decision to postpone the Maplewoodstock Music and Arts Festival from October 2021 until July 2022. We are very disappointed to share this news.

We had high hopes to present the festival in October, but the more transmissible COVID-19 Delta variant, combined with other factors, has led to an increasing number of COVID-19 cases throughout NJ, including Essex County.

Maplewoodstock is a family-friendly and community event, enjoyed by all ages including children. One of many factors that led to our decision is that children are not currently eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine, and we cannot in good conscience put them at risk. The committee discussed many alternatives that might allow us to hold the festival this October. However, as the health and safety of the bands, artists, vendors, partners, volunteers, attendees -- especially our children -- must be our top priority, we feel very strongly that, while disappointing, this is the responsible decision.

Our bands, sponsors, vendors, and volunteers have already been informed of this postponement.

Peace, be safe, and we hope to see you in July 2022.

Aww! I was looking forward to having it in October. I hate the heat, but better safe than, you know...

So unfortunate.   

Unfortunate but the right decision.

Understood.  It's hard to plan not knowing if things will be worse better or the same.

I’m ready for another T-shirt…bought one last year!

As others have said, it's sad, but you did the right thing. 

yall are a national treasure for all the work you put in to Maplewoodstock. Here's extra gratitude to you for going through these discussions, which must have totally sucked. Thanks for putting the kids' safety first! sniff...

Reminder, folks, we have (sadly) POSTPONED the annual Maplewoodstock Music and Arts Festival from this upcoming weekend (Oct 2-3) until July 2022. There might have been some confusion among our participants regarding announcements that appeared in print that indicated the festival was still happening this upcoming weekend (Oct 2-3). It takes several weeks to get notices and cancelations into 3rd party publications. As always, we encourage people to WATCH OUR OFFICIAL maplewoodstock.com website and follow the Facebook.com/maplewoodstock Page for our most up-to-date communications. We will update folks this upcoming winter with our plans for 2022. And, we hope to commune with you then.

Kinda hard to click the like button on that but I appreciate the care you're taking to keep us safe.

I wonder if the town would be willing to send out an email blast reminding Maplewood residents that Maplewoodstock will not be happening this weekend.  It might help get the word out.

Maybe I missed it but are you expecting the same line up for the summer?

joan_crystal said:

I winder if the town would be willing to send out an email blast reminding Maplewood residents that Maplewoodstock will not be happening this weekend.  It might help get the word out.

meh. 

Pretty sure if people show up and there's no stage and no audience they'll get the message. 

ml1 said:

meh. 

Pretty sure if people show up and there's no stage and no audience they'll get the message. 

or they'll think they're going to have first dibs on a great spot to put their canopy. Of course the weather looks perfect for this weekend. ;-( 

ml1 said:

meh. 

That's why, in the good, old days, they had a person called "The Town Crier." We could hire "Concerned Taxpayer" to stand on the sidewalk by Starbucks from 7 - 11:30 a.m. and in front of police headquarters from 1 - 4:30 p.m..

Formerlyjerseyjack said:

ml1 said:

meh. 

That's why, in the good, old days, they had a person called "The Town Crier." We could hire "Concerned Taxpayer" to stand on the sidewalk by Starbucks from 7 - 11:30 a.m. and in front of police headquarters from 1 - 4:30 p.m..

You're hired! For free, of course...

bub said:

Maybe I missed it but are you expecting the same line up for the summer?

I think we've said before (but perhaps not) that we are intending to present the bands already selected and scheduled.  Of course, there could be some adjustments if a band has disbanded or booked another gig in the meantime.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.