Meet the Mets (For Mets Fans Only!)

Redfruit said:

It took me a few mins to figure out this classic baseball puzzle. How about you? 

Same here.

Redfruit said:

It took me a few mins to figure out this classic baseball puzzle. How about you? 

Defcon showed me a version of that at Bunny's a while back. Pretty funny.

Easy. It's clockshot to boobjohn. 

I just looked up the boxscore and saw who knocked in the go-ahead run.

It was Gary Rebus.

Soul_29 said:

Fun. 

New York Times Baseball Quiz!

That was tough. He was at the Woodland 3 or 4 years ago. His book about the various pitches was good. 

Figures the Mets would retire Keith's number the same weekend as Maplewoodstock. Any chance Maplewoostock can be moved to October again? That was actually my preference.

So no DH? I hate the DH, however maybe I'll think differently. It's strange to me how these elite athletes are able to throw a ball over 100 mph, but they're not expected to be able to swing a bat without getting injured. A friend of mine suggested maybe they should switch it to tee ball to make sure the pitchers don't get hurt. 

Max is cranky, and rightfully so. They could have chosen a better picture, one that seems to agree with the tone of the article.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2022/02/yankees-mets-pitchers-rips-mlb-for-lockout-negotiation-tactics.html

F*ck the MLB.  A bunch of greedy owners can't decide how much to share of their vast wealth with the players that help make them very wealty.

Done. with. baseball.

Matt Harvey was hitting the powder during his time with us. 

Discusss. 

Most of the crap being written about him now is coming from a defense attorney trying to shift blame from his own client onto Harvey.  Harvey pitched 50 extra innings after an injury to get the Mets through the playoffs and was never the same again.  Discuss.

Soul_29 said:

Discusss. 

I don’t know the answer to that but I do know from someone on the inside that he truly was an a@@. 

Soul_29 said:

Discusss. 

I guess that explains the nosebleeds

DanDietrich said:

Most of the crap being written about him now is coming from a defense attorney trying to shift blame from his own client onto Harvey.  Harvey pitched 50 extra innings after an injury to get the Mets through the playoffs and was never the same again.  Discuss.

there is no doubt that prior to the injuries Harvey was lights out on the mound regardless of what he may have been doing off the field. 

Strawberry and Gooden hit the powder pretty hard as well. Harvey was not the only Mets star to go awry.

He was clearly always an a$$, but for a couple of years there it was must see TV when he pitched. It was interesting when they won in 2015 how it seemed like he was trying to fit in when they were celebrating, but nobody wanted to be around him.

WTF is wrong with Terry Collins?  What kind of privilege lets him air out a players mental health struggles on the radio.  Absolutely thoughtless and unprofessional.  

Yeah that was really creepy of Terry.  Very disappointing.

There is such a stigma about mental health.  This athlete shares his illness and has this jerk blab it everywhere.  

Ugh.  Just read the Terry Collins/Matt Harvey story. Awful.  No matter how big an a&& he is.  

jimmurphy said:

Interesting development in Miami:

https://www.facebook.com/theplayerstribune/photos/a.946731785343880/5575206185829727/?type=3

Jeter out!

He will walk away with a very fat check....

Have they signed Freeman and Rodon yet? 

So through the whole lockout I listened to pundits discussing what pitcher the Mets should trade for or sign. Not once did Chris Bassitt come up.  He looks pretty good.

And Familia has signed with the Phillies.  I'm glad to see him go, though his numbers tell me my bias against him is wrong.

DanDietrich said:

And Familia has signed with the Phillies.  I'm glad to see him go, though his numbers tell me my bias against him is wrong.

Let's face it, every time Familia took the mound your heart was in your mouth.

That's true. I never trusted him.  And yet statistically he was pretty good.  There is no advanced metric for fan nervousness. 

on a different note, my hopes for the Mets to become a consistent winner took a big step forward with the Braves trade yesterday.  They got a great player, but only a little better than Freeman in every area, for two years.  And it cost them their future in those 4 prospects.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.