Meet the Mets (For Mets Fans Only!)

Insane pricing on playoff tickets. I’ll be watching from the comfort of home. Bet there will be plenty of empty seats.

ml1 said:

The Mets gave me a couple of tickets for Wed afternoon at 4pm. Section 109. Should be pretty fun no matter the last few days.  We'll be sending the guys off to the postseason. 

If you're interested DM me. 

maybe I wasn't direct enough -- I am giving these tickets away for free. Gratis!

nobody interested?

ml1 said:

maybe I wasn't direct enough -- I am giving these tickets away for free. Gratis!

nobody interested?

I'll be out of town, or I'd have jumped on it.

Rain could be the issue.

So nice of you to share them! I wish, wish, wish I could go.

If I even think about going, it would be like the rabbi who got the hole in one on one of the High Holy Jewish holidays (he can never tell anyone so goes the joke) and I would be the anti-Koufax and doom our team to never winning beyond the first round ever again. So thanks but no thanks. I hope some righteous Gentile Mets fan takes you up on it though.

The fact that it's Yom Kippur is a big part of why my friends are turning down the offer. 

I'm going and sitting in my regular seats in Section 311. And if Miami wins again tonight, and the Mets sweep the Nats, it could actually be a division clinching game. 

We'll see if they are able to play all three games in two days. The forecast is not promising.  The regular season could spill into Thursday.

Two today will be tough.  

jimmurphy said:

Insane pricing on playoff tickets. I’ll be watching from the comfort of home. Bet there will be plenty of empty seats.

Shockingly crazy pricing.   

sbenois said:

jimmurphy said:

Shockingly crazy pricing.   

Cheapest tickets I found for game 1 on the MLB ticket site were $144.50 plus fees.  They are much cheaper on Stubhub, as low as ~$70 plus fees.

I wonder why they don't like McNeil in RF.  He seemed okay to me.  Not perfect, but okay.  Put Guillorme at second and Naquin on the IL.  

I think McNeil is going to get that car from Lindor.

yahooyahoo said:

Cheapest tickets I found for game 1 on the MLB ticket site were $144.50 plus fees.  They are much cheaper on Stubhub, as low as ~$70 plus fees.

Season ticket holders, I presume.

That’s what they should be for “cheap seats.”

yahooyahoo said:

To put it in perspective, it's a postseason game. How much is a Broadway ticket? Or a ticket to see Billy Joel at MSG?

A hundy wins and a home playoff series -- this is EXCITING.

LET'S GO METS!!!!!!!!!

Alvarez has half as many HRs as McCann. I assume he'll be on the playoff roster. McCann also, though I don't know why.

McCann has just completely fallen apart.  That Washington pitcher was throwing fat BP pitches or missing the zone entirely in the first and he went down on three pitches.  At least Canha made contact, although he has been pretty ineffective.

DanDietrich said:

McCann has just completely fallen apart.  That Washington pitcher was throwing fat BP pitches or missing the zone entirely in the first and he went down on three pitches.  At least Canha made contact, although he has been pretty ineffective.

I was wondering why Canha was only playing 4 or maybe 5 games a week earlier in the year, but I think that's what he needs. He seems beaten up. He has also been hit almost 30 times. 

They're going to have to spend a lot of money on their own free agents, but I would like Tucker Barnhart at catcher and Alavrez to catch/DH. 

Do you think McNeil will play today?  He is ahead of Freeman for the title, but with 25 fewer hits. I hope so.

My NL postseason prediction: 

Mets beat Padres

Cardinals beat Phillies

Braves beat Cardinals

Mets beat Dodgers

Mets beat the Braves in seven games and advance to World Series.

Train_of_Thought said:

A hundy wins and a home playoff series -- this is EXCITING.

LET'S GO METS!!!!!!!!!

YES!!

DanDietrich said:

Do you think McNeil will play today?  He is ahead of Freeman for the title, but with 25 fewer hits. I hope so.

I don't think he should. They could all use some rest and with a wet field I wouldn't take the risk of him getting hurt in a meaningless game. As many bench players should be playing as possible. And this should be the only game McCann starts for the rest of the year.

jfinnegan said:

DanDietrich said:

I don't think he should. They could all use some rest and with a wet field I wouldn't take the risk of him getting hurt in a meaningless game. As many bench players should be playing as possible. And this should be the only game McCann starts for the rest of the year.

McCann't. He seems like a nice man and is a finalist for the Roberto Clemente award, but, dear lord, he just can't hit. Put Nido and Alvarez on the post-season roster. Let Nido get the lion's share of ABs. Enough. 

Soul_29 said:

McCann't. He seems like a nice man and is a finalist for the Roberto Clemente award, but, dear lord, he just can't hit. Put Nido and Alvarez on the post-season roster. Let Nido get the lion's share of ABs. Enough. 

He can't hit and he has been letting balls go between his legs lately. They have gotten 5 HRs out of their catchers. At least Nido has been getting hits off and on. If McCann makes contact it ends up being a DP. 

So it’s back to best record gets home field in the WS?  hard to keep up with these farkakte rule changes.

Today's lineup is a real laugher.

DanDietrich said:

Today's lineup is a real laugher.

How long do they wait before they postpone it? There's no reason to play it. 

Soul_29 said:

Let Jake bat in his games and DH for McCann. ;-)

I say roll the dice and go with Nido and Alvarez.

And please leave Trevor May off the postseason roster.    

I can't see May having a spot with starters moving to the pen.  

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.