While recognising that humour is definitely subjective, these are the Top Ten funniest jokes, as chosen by Channel Dave from this year's Festival participants:
1. I keep randomly shouting out “Broccoli” and “Cauliflower”. I think I might have Florets. – Olaf Falafel
2. Someone stole my antidepressants. Whoever they are, I hope they’re happy. – Richard Stott
3. What’s driving Brexit? From here it looks like it’s probably the Duke of Edinburgh. – Milton Jones
4. A cowboy asked me if I could help him round up 18 cows. I said, “Yes, of course. That’s 20 cows.” – Jake Lambert
5. A thesaurus is great. There’s no other word for it. – Ross Smith
6. Sleep is my favourite thing in the world. It’s the reason I get up in the morning. – Ross Smith
7. I accidentally booked myself on to an escapology course; I’m really struggling to get out of it. – Adele Cliff
8. After learning six hours of basic semaphore, I was flagging. – Richard Pulsford
9. To be or not to be a horse rider, that is Equestrian. – Mark Simmons
10. I’ve got an Eton-themed advent calendar, where all the doors are opened for me by my dad’s contacts. – Ivo Graham
Sounds like a lot of Stephen Wright disciples.
Milton Jones is definitely a Stephen Wright follower. His entire act is nothing but one-line dad jokes, which you begin by groaning at but eventually he wins you over. Have to admit I haven't heard of the rest of that pack.
So what does it mean that only one of the winners is a woman?
Were women comedians well-represented at the Fringe Festival?
Here's another list!
Steff Todd: My new boyfriend told me he’s got my face as his wallpaper, which I thought was cute until I saw his lounge.
Olaf Falafel: Actors who can cure my lisp? I’m pretty sure Anne Hathaway, but I’m going to ask Colin Firth.
Catherine Bohart: I suppose lesbian sex is a bit like cricket, in that it goes on for ever and there are a lot of men watching it at home, alone, on the internet.
Darren Harriott: My mum said she’s turning my room into a study. I doubt it, unless she’s doing a PhD on Coronation Street and Echo Falls rosé.
Alex Kealy: When applying for a job as an estate agent, the interviewer worried that my CV was a bit small. I said actually it’s really cosy and I was immediately hired.
Joz Norris: Do you reckon the band Chic ever found any takers for that free cow they were always trying to get rid of?
Ken Cheng: The other kids all called me “token” growing up. At least that’s what they put at the top of my Christmas cards. Sure, there was a space between the “to” and the “ken” but the point remains the same.
Lucy Beaumont: My auntie Barbara won’t buy free-range chickens because she says you don’t know where they’ve been.
Darren Walsh: Cat flaps are for pussies.
Flo and Joan: I know that Banksy’s my dad, because I never see him.
Okay I had to look up the last one and ended up watching this (slightly NSFW video, a couple of bits of profanity, nothing really shocking or offensive).
This article has links to the Top 10s for the last decade
mfpark said:Sounds like a lot of Stephen Wright disciples.
And one Ivo Graham adventist.
DaveSchmidt said: And one Ivo Graham adventist.
Well, that was a pleasant discovery. I shall be watching his career very closely.
Magnolia Home Remodeling Group
Info - Website - Contact
Phone: 908 273-5252
Essex & Morris Contracting
Phone: (973) 676-8590
Eugene M. Brennan`s Tree Services LLC
Phone: (973) 325-5663
Promote your business here - Businesses get highlighted throughout the site and you can add a deal.
Add a free listing for your business
BRAND NEW MACY'S SECTIONAL, ENTERTAINMENT CENTER, DRESSER AND KING SIZE BED FOR SALE (ALL NEW) $2,000 More info
Professional treadmill - great condition $850 More info
Peloton Bike $500 More info
2008 Toyota Sienna LE $4,625 More info
Wesley Allen Day Bed $250 More info