January 6, 2021 on MOL

GoSlugs said:

Live Updates: Brazil Election Protesters Storm Government Offices

I wonder whether the Brazilian authorities will treat these fascist whack jobs with as much gentle care as the US ones did. 

Some insurrectionists are being arrested. Their judicial authorities said they will be dealt with.

Unlike here, where our Jan 6 insurrectionists were not arrested and allowed to "peacefully" leave. After the arrival of the National Guard and the subsequent curfew they still did not arrest.

They are also asking for the arrest of complicit officials.

The attorney general’s office has asked the Supreme Court of Brazil to order the arrest of the former Public Security Secretary of the Federal District, who is also the former Justice Minister, Anderson Torres. The petition also asks for the arrest of other authorities involved.

GoSlugs said:

Live Updates: Brazil Election Protesters Storm Government Offices

I wonder whether the Brazilian authorities will treat these fascist whack jobs with as much gentle care as the US ones did. 

you can bet your last Real they won’t get any white glove treatment… in fact some are In local jails and hospitals.

There’s also this juicy piece of info about the state of the presidential lodging after Bolsonsaro left: 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jan/06/brazil-first-lady-shaken-condition-presidential-palace-bolsonaro

Talk about criminal damage, and wilful neglect…

joanne said:

There’s also this juicy piece of info about the state of the presidential lodging after Bolsonsaro left: 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jan/06/brazil-first-lady-shaken-condition-presidential-palace-bolsonaro

Talk about criminal damage, and wilful neglect…

Bolsonaro is hiding out in Florida…

Looks like the Brazilian Supreme Court will send a request for the extradition of Bolsonaro back to Brazil. He entered the USA two days before his term ended on a A-1 visa. This guy is most likely getting advice from his idol in mar e largo.

PVW said:

Four Proud Boys Convicted of Sedition in Key Jan. 6 Case (NYT)

Do you think Sarah will go visit him in prison?

terp said:

PVW said:

I guess, more than anything, I'm just a bit shocked that you're so blase about an attempt to overturn an election at the point of a gun. I knew you were deeply cynical about democracy, and see most government fundamentally illegitimate, but I didn't realize we were so far apart that armed insurrection merits a LMFAO from you.

I'm probably not going to say anything constructive if I stay on longer tonight. It's been revelatory, even if quite dispiriting.

Were there shots fired by the protesters?   

Heres the thing.  No matter what kind of government we have, a small number of governing elite will rule.  Democracy just provides the illusion that you have some control.  I guarantee that nothing meaningful changes during the Biden administration.   Odds are that we will be rattling Sabres in a year or 2 and people here will be saying what a. awful person some dictator is in some country that we want to invade.  Politics are about power.  Elections just determine who gets to rule.

Apologies if I can't get too worked up about our election.  I'm sure as **** not going to protest.  Heck, I don't even vote.  

Interesting....

*Bump*

In case anyone tells you that January 6th wasn't a big deal, starting at page 1 of this thread are the contemporaneous reactions.

nohero said:

*Bump*

In case anyone tells you that January 6th wasn't a big deal, starting at page 1 of this thread are the contemporaneous reactions.

An MOL time capsule. Very interesting to go back and read.

In audio obtained by Mediate, Roger Stone allegedly spoke with NYPD officer about assassinating Democratic Representatives Eric Swalwell and Jerry Nadler.

In addition, Stone allegedly discussed kidnapping the U.S. prosecutor who had prosecuted him, saying “He needs to be punished…It will be easy to abduct him because he is a weakling.”

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1744478730611720652

Jaytee said:

In audio obtained by Mediate, Roger Stone allegedly spoke with NYPD officer about assassinating Democratic Representatives Eric Swalwell and Jerry Nadler.

In addition, Stone allegedly discussed kidnapping the U.S. prosecutor who had prosecuted him, saying “He needs to be punished…It will be easy to abduct him because he is a weakling.”

Invoking “deep fake” AI audio and video will be a part of each and every defense of these scumbags going forward.

jimmurphy said:

Jaytee said:

Invoking “deep fake” AI audio and video will be a part of each and every defense of these scumbags going forward.

At least the policeman lost his job.

yahooyahoo said:

nohero said:

*Bump*

An MOL time capsule. Very interesting to go back and read.

Interesting is one way to put it. I had forgotten some of what was posted then. And in hindsight it hasn't aged any better than it was at the time.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.