Trump Personal Assistant, John McEntee escorted out of the White House

John

Among his jobs --- making sure Trump had markers for autographs and setting clocks back, Sunday morning.


He will be missed.


Like  1 Like
ml1

apparently DHS is investigating him of some sort of "serious financial crime."

at this point, something like this is not at all surprising. We're now at the point, where it should be expected that if you're in the Trump orbit, you're some sort of crook.


Like  
Tom

How does one pronounce that last name? Mick-EN-tee? MACK-en-tee?


Like  
bub

Doesn't sound like a position you could leverage much graft from but who knows.


Like  
yahooyahoo

But he has already been rehired by the Trump Campaign.  Winning!


Like  
Ridley


Tom_Reingold said:

How does one pronounce that last name? Mick-EN-tee? MACK-en-tee?

MAcKENtee, usually. Same way you say McGinty.


Like  
tjohn


yahooyahoo said:

But he has already been rehired by the Trump Campaign.  Winning!

Draining the swamp by crowding it out with the cesspool.


Like  
BG9


tjohn said:



yahooyahoo said:

But he has already been rehired by the Trump Campaign.  Winning!

Draining the swamp by crowding it out with the cesspool.

His offense was apparently so egregious that he had to be let go from his governmental position. 

But he found a new home.

Trump's dream will be realized when there is a merging of party and government. Like the old Soviet Union. One nation, one party (his), one leader.


Like  
Don


bub said:

Doesn't sound like a position you could leverage much graft from but who knows.

One of the stories about McEntee said that he could mimic President Trump's signature perfectly and often goofed on co-workers by sending them notes that they thought were from the president.


Like  
librarylady

He was escorted out without even the opportunity to grab his coat or personal belongs. G-d knows what this is about!


Like  1 Like
ml1

stealing from the White House break room fridge.


Like  
South


ml1 said:

stealing from the White House break room fridge.

"Ah, but the strawberries, that's where I had them, they laughed at me and made jokes, but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt, with geometric logic, that a duplicate key to the ward room icebox did exist."


Like  2 Likes
ml1


South_Mountaineer said:



ml1 said:

stealing from the White House break room fridge.

"Ah, but the strawberries, that's where I had them, they laughed at me and made jokes, but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt, with geometric logic, that a duplicate key to the ward room icebox did exist."



Like  1 Like
LOST


South_Mountaineer said:



ml1 said:

stealing from the White House break room fridge.

"Ah, but the strawberries, that's where I had them, they laughed at me and made jokes, but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt, with geometric logic, that a duplicate key to the ward room icebox did exist."

You beat me to it!


Like  
John


BG9 said:






 One nation, one party (his), one leader.

Wasn't that actually Geobbels?


Like  1 Like
John

Maybe he asked for two scoops.


Like  1 Like
Morganna

He looked so much like Porter. I kept thinking that was who they were showing. Thought it was just me and then saw it on Rachel Maddow's show. Is Trump having them cloned?


Like  
tjohn


Formerlyjerseyjack said:



BG9 said:




 One nation, one party (his), one leader.

Wasn't that actually Geobbels?

Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer

One of the Nazis' most-repeated political slogans was Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer – "One People, One Empire, One Leader". Bendersky says the slogan "left an indelible mark on the minds of most Germans who lived through the Nazi years. It appeared on countless posters and in publications; it was heard constantly in radio broadcasts and speeches." The slogan emphasized the absolute control of the party over practically every sector of German society and culture – with the churches being the most notable exception. Hitler's word was absolute, but he had a narrow range of interest – mostly involving diplomacy and the military – and so his subordinates interpreted his will to fit their own interests.



Like  
John

A big difference between The Fuhrer and our Gropenfuhrer is in percentage of national popularity. Looking at footage of rallies, the Fuhrer was idolized because he was going to M.G.G.A.  --- and it looked like he was going to do it.


Our "moran", on the other hand --- favorability in the low 30%.


Like  1 Like
tjohn


Formerlyjerseyjack said:

A big difference between The Fuhrer and our Gropenfuhrer is in percentage of national popularity. Looking at footage of rallies, the Fuhrer was idolized because he was going to M.G.G.A.  --- and it looked like he was going to do it.




Our "moran", on the other hand --- favorability in the low 30%.

That's true and I am thankful for that. But I was struck by this sentence from my post:

"Hitler's word was absolute, but he had a narrow range of interest – mostly involving diplomacy and the military – and so his subordinates interpreted his will to fit their own interests."

I think that describes Trump and, even worse, Trump is like a butterfly flitting from one issue to the next as needed to keep himself center stage.


Like  1 Like
bub

As deeply, absolutely reprehensible as I find Trump to be, he's too lazy, distracted, and  politically indifferent to be a Hitler.  There are potential Hitlers out there.  Not just pr*cks the way T is but men who are genuinely zealous about anti-Democratic intolerant ideologies.  The angry populism that Trump rode in on can, if not broken, bring  in such men. 

tjohn said:



Formerlyjerseyjack said:

A big difference between The Fuhrer and our Gropenfuhrer is in percentage of national popularity. Looking at footage of rallies, the Fuhrer was idolized because he was going to M.G.G.A.  --- and it looked like he was going to do it.




Our "moran", on the other hand --- favorability in the low 30%.

That's true and I am thankful for that. But I was struck by this sentence from my post:

"Hitler's word was absolute, but he had a narrow range of interest – mostly involving diplomacy and the military – and so his subordinates interpreted his will to fit their own interests."

I think that describes Trump and, even worse, Trump is like a butterfly flitting from one issue to the next as needed to keep himself center stage.



Like  
Tom

Very true, and even more frightening: There are millions of Americans eager to line up behind him.


Like  
Reginald

$2K says he was involved with hope hicks...


Like  
DottyParker

It doesn't appear that McEntee was doing any sort of illegal gambling; it was the large amounts he gambled that may have been a concern.  The background checkers needn't have worried.  I'm certain Uncle Donny knows a guy who knows a guy that could have spotted McEntee the cash for his losses.  


courant.com: Former UConn Quarterback, Johnny McEntee, Lost White House Job Over Gambling Habit

http://www.courant.com/politics/hc-sp-johnny-mcentee-trump-gambling-20180316-story.html




Like  


In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Latest Jobs

Featured Events