Twitter is a Private Company

sprout said:

nohero said:

Stable genius.

Elon Musk fires a top Twitter engineer over his declining view count ...

Melon Husk fired engineer #1 after the engineer explained that Musk's tweet engagement went down because of reduced popularity. 

Seems engineer #2 decided to go with malicious compliance to meet the boss' goal:

Twitter is just showing everyone all of Elon Musk’s tweets now

Is your Twitter feed suddenly all Elon Musk, too?

Twitter is just showing everyone all of Elon Musk’s tweets now - The Verge

I haven't noticed this. @nohero? @DaveSchmidt? @ridski?

nohero said:

Twitter exec says 'hundreds of thousands' of Russian disinformation accounts still active on Twitter

Twitter's former head of Trust and Safety told Congress that "counterfeit" Russian accounts targeting the US are still active as part of an "ongoing campaign.

"This is the first we’ve heard of an ongoing campaign involving such a large number of accounts, perhaps because identifying and countering foreign disinformation is not a priority under Elon Musk’s leadership — and that’s an understatement. Not only has Musk taken the unprecedented step of leaking internal Twitter communications to undermine the integrity of the work done by people like Roth, but he has also dismantled the teams tasked with spotting and stopping foreign influence. According to Roth, there were 'dozens of teams working on election security' prior to Musk’s acquisition of Twitter, but “those teams no longer exist under Mr. Musk.”

Could you post Roth's testimony where he explained how he was able to determine that hundreds of thousands of "counterfeit" Russian accounts are currently on Twitter?

drummerboy said:

PVW said:

Lol what a cartoonishly shallow narcissist Musk has revealed himself to be

Yes, Elon Musk created a special system for showing you all his tweets first (Platformer)

but ... climate change

Biden begging the shallow cartoon-like narcissist for help:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2023/02/10/elon-musk-biden-tesla-charging/

Jaytee said:

Musk at the Super Bowl with Rupert Murdock? If you refuse to watch Fox then you should trade in your Tesla. It’s that simple.

How many Americans refused to watch Fox on Sunday?

paulsurovell said:

drummerboy said:

PVW said:

Yes, Elon Musk created a special system for showing you all his tweets first (Platformer)

but ... climate change

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2023/02/10/elon-musk-biden-tesla-charging/

The way you consume media is quite interesting. Maybe a little bizarre.

paulsurovell said:

"Begging" isn't the right word. From the article: "In the United States, Musk said last year that the company would start making the CCS standard [of other electric vehicles] compatible with its charging network, but he hasn’t provided details. The 2021 infrastructure law won’t fund new charging stations that are only open to one brand of electric vehicle. Tesla, though, proposed last year that its plugs, not CCS, should be the new standard in North America."

Also from the article: "Tesla’s charging stations are compatible with other electric vehicles in Europe because of government regulations mandating conformity, ... . Tesla began making cars in Europe with the CCS charging standard."

paulsurovell said:

Could you post Roth's testimony where he explained how he was able to determine that hundreds of thousands of "counterfeit" Russian accounts are currently on Twitter?

No. The article is at the link I provided.

paulsurovell said:

I assume you "follow" Elon already, so of course you wouldn't notice a change.

drummerboy said:

PVW said:

but ... climate change

Ha -- you called it.

paulsurovell said:

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:

Starlink update -

SpaceX admits blocking Ukrainian troops from using satellite technology

Full story:

https://fortune.com/2023/02/13/elon-musk-spacex-starlink-satellites-world-war-3-ukraine-russia/

According to the headline, the "full story" is that Elon believes that by being able to defend themselves from the Russian invasion, the Ukrainians could start World War III.

That's the same sad and dishonest deception that's the theme of the anti-Ukraine hate rally next week in Washington with Jimmy Dore and Jackson Hinkle and Tulsi Gabbard etc.

[Edited to add] In fact, that position encourages the militarism which they claim to be against.

paulsurovell said:

that’s the problem with society today… nobody cares about details anymore… you’re one of the few I know who are still fighting for their causes.

paulsurovell said:

Jaytee said:

Musk at the Super Bowl with Rupert Murdock? If you refuse to watch Fox then you should trade in your Tesla. It’s that simple.

I read Mr. Jaytee's reference as "Fox News", but maybe I'm bad with details.

Jaytee said:

Why would anyone still keep a twitter account is beyond me. Not even if it helps to follow Pablo and expose his lies! I just deleted Facebook. I’m done with these jokers.

I'm reading a thread right now on Twitter about how so many people realized they were no longer cisgender when they saw Denzel Washington and Keanu Reeves in Branagh's version of Much Ado About Nothing.

paulsurovell said:

Wouldn't know. I blocked him. He still shows up, though.

ridski said:

paulsurovell said:

Wouldn't know. I blocked him. He still shows up, though.

I think that's proof enough.

[Edited to add] It's your own fault, since anyone blocking Elon probably goes to the top of the list for "Make sure they see Elon's tweets".

paulsurovell said:

I always skip the For You feed, even though Twitter made it my default, which was an irritating change under Musk. (Twitter apparently backtracked after a while, and now I can leave my feed on Following.)

ridski said:

I'm reading a thread right now on Twitter about how so many people realized they were no longer cisgender when they saw Denzel Washington and Keanu Reeves in Branagh's version of Much Ado About Nothing.

Elon's working on eliminating chatter like that. 

nohero said:

ridski said:

holy cow the stupidity of all that is amazing. There are plenty of right wing artists, filmmakers, writers and musicians. It's just that most people generally aren't interested in what they're producing. And not for nothing but the most popular movie of the year was a pro-military action film made by the same company that brings us MTV, Comedy Central, and Nickelodeon's famously "woke" SpongeBob Squarepants.

The main bug I'm experiencing is that sometimes I click on a tweet and suddenly the back arrow and home button doesn't work and I have to refresh the page to get out of the thread.

Biden might stutter at times but he’s turning out to be one of the greatest presidents we’ve ever had. 
Musk is still a douchenozzle though, he can’t help himself.

Musk had no choice here. What was he gonna do - keep his chargers proprietary while the rest of the network isn't?

silly, meaningless post put here solely to justify your Elon-worship.

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:

ridski said:

(1) Where do you get "eliminating" from?

(2) I just learned today a NY Times reporter Michael Powell is accused by some of promoting -  what appears to me to be a -- similar "counter-narrative". I thought this article from June made sense:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/08/us/women-gender-aclu-abortion.html

drummerboy said:

paulsurovell said:

Musk had no choice here. What was he gonna do - keep his chargers proprietary while the rest of the network isn't?

Pres Biden doesn't think it's meaningless. He thinks it's a big deal.

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:

ridski said:

(1) Where do you get "eliminating" from?

Do you just pretend not to recall what's been discussed already, or do we have to keep reminding you of these things? 

It was only 2 months ago on this very thread.

nohero said:

Tired: Setting up a table in Maplewood Village to oppose helping Ukraine defend itself against Putin's invasion.

Wired: Setting up a table in Maplewood Village to oppose the spread of the "woke mind virus" in Maplewood. 

I mean, I guess the takeaway is that being a shallow narcissist doesn't necessarily prevent one from being CEO of a car company, whereas it demonstrably impedes one's ability to run a social media site?

Or is Paul under the impression that Biden has some sort of rule against talking with narcissists? I really don't get why every time someone points out ridiculous goings-on at Twitter he tries to switch the conversation to Tesla.

paulsurovell said:

drummerboy said:

paulsurovell said:

Pres Biden doesn't think it's meaningless. He thinks it's a big deal.

yes, it's a big deal because if Musk didn't agree he would just screw things up mightily and Biden probably would have had to threaten Musk with something to get his agreement.

so, yes, it's meaningless because Musk had no choice. Musk didn't agree because it was the right thing to do, he agreed because to do otherwise would turn him into a pariah. There should have been no need for BIden to reach out to Musk, if Musk's main concern was to do the right thing..

and Biden didn't beg for anything. why you characterized it that way is kind of strange. albeit standard for you.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.