Twitter is a Private Company

nohero said:

ridski said:

PVW said:

Musk’s Month Pushing Twitter Blue Failed To Win Many Subscribers (Bloomberg)

I'll be honest I was expecting paulsurovell to tell us why the twitter bird is a Shiba Inu now. Does Elon Musk have a Shiba Inu? On my phone it's still a white bird on a blue background. But on my laptop...

It's a little "Elon humor". The dog is the "Doge Coin" dog. Don't worry, Mr. Surovell is on it. 

Ah, I see.

How many k's should we have in "sick" again?

There's a hack to get rid of the dog.  No word yet on the hack to get rid of Elon. 

The value of doge coin spiked significantly when Elon added the picture to Twitter.  Someone made a lot of money.

nohero said:

There's a hack to get rid of the dog.  No word yet on the hack to get rid of Elon. 

Yes, but if you refresh the page (which I have to do every now and then because Twitter's so glitchy these days) it comes back.

yahooyahoo said:

The value of doge coin spiked significantly when Elon added the picture to Twitter.  Someone made a lot of money.

shouldn't that be illegal? 

nohero said:

I like the dog picture 1000 times more than the Elon photo

ml1 said:

yahooyahoo said:

shouldn't that be illegal? 

It depends on who knew what and when they knew it.  

Not the first time he's been suspected of using twitter to manipulate the value of dogecoin:

Elon Musk seeks to end $258 billion Dogecoin lawsuit (Reuters)

That suit is from when he was just a user of Twitter. I wonder how it changes when he promotes Dogecoin using a platform he owns.

ml1 said:

nohero said:

I like the dog picture 1000 times more than the Elon photo

I'll admit I was being a little facetious when I was asking about the Shiba Inu

Much silliness

So hilare

wow

But yeah. I blocked Muskkk so I rarely have to see his face these days.

paulsurovell said:

Dog is gone.

How much do you reckon he made?

The dumb reason Twitter won’t allow retweeting tweets linking to Substack (Ars Technica)

Hard to see how Elon stans can defend this. For those who claim Musk is a free speech champion, he clearly isn't. And for those who claim he's a savvy businessman, they could point to this as his just trying to shut down a competitor, but in the context of all the other decisions he's been taking to tank ad revenue and drive away users, it just comes across as another haphazard decision made on a whim.

PVW said:

The dumb reason Twitter won’t allow retweeting tweets linking to Substack (Ars Technica)

Hard to see how Elon stans can defend this. For those who claim Musk is a free speech champion, he clearly isn't. And for those who claim he's a savvy businessman, they could point to this as his just trying to shut down a competitor, but in the context of all the other decisions he's been taking to tank ad revenue and drive away users, it just comes across as another haphazard decision made on a whim.

This is the same type of thinking that went into Elon making his Teslas incompatible with any charging stations other than Elon's.

nohero said:

This is the same type of thinking that went into Elon making his Teslas incompatible with any charging stations other than Elon's.

One difference there is that, when Tesla started, it didn't have a lot of competition in the EV space, whereas Twitter is already starting from behind in the social media space.

PVW said:

nohero said:

One difference there is that, when Tesla started, it didn't have a lot of competition in the EV space, whereas Twitter is already starting from behind in the social media space.

The article said that Elon was miffed that Substack was rolling out a Twitter-like product, so Elon's trying to protect the space that the Twitter is already in.

nohero said:

The article said that Elon was miffed that Substack was rolling out a Twitter-like product, so Elon's trying to protect the space that the Twitter is already in.

Oh, is substack getting into the manchild petulant billionaire business?

PVW said:

nohero said:

Oh, is substack getting into the manchild petulant billionaire business?

I think that's why they recruited Glenn Greenwald, to start with the manchild petulant millionaires.

"Twitter Files" update - Matt Taibbi can't link to his reporting on the Substack from the Twitter, either. 

[Edited to add] Update to the update -

Elon tells Taibbi, "Stick it up your Twitter file." 

I never thought the leopard would eat my face.

PVW said:

It gets better - "Matt's a liar" says Elon:

It's pretty cute that there are still some people who think Musk actually cares about free speech. 

nohero said:

PVW said:

It gets better - "Matt's a liar" says Elon:

Stable Titter, er, Twitter genius update. 

Seems like thinking 'Titter' and renaming themselves 'Harry Bolz' are things someone would do, thinking they are hilarious, when they are high as a kite.

"Twitter has quietly removed a policy against the 'targeted misgendering or deadnaming of transgender individuals,' raising concerns that the Elon Musk-owned platform is becoming less safe for marginalized groups.

"Twitter enacted the policy against deadnaming, or using a transgender person’s name before they transitioned, as well as purposefully using the wrong gender for someone as a form of harassment, in 2018."

https://apnews.com/article/twitter-elon-musk-transgender-deadnaming-hateful-conduct

Re: the policy of branding the BBC as govt funded:  Twitter has done the same to our ABC too, totally misunderstanding the basis of the relationship and the legislation behind it. It totally undermines 90 years of objective news history and highly respected international reporting values. 
im quite disgusted, and very glad I don’t have a Twitter account. 

Microsoft drops Twitter from its advertising platform (Mashable)

Microsoft is going to drop Twitter from its Microsoft Advertising plan next week, according to the company.

"Starting on April 25, 2023, Smart Campaigns with Multi-platform will no longer support Twitter," Microsoft said. A similar email has begun to go out to Microsoft Advertising users stating that "Digital Marketing Center (DMC) will no longer support Twitter starting on April 25, 2023."

From that date, users will no longer be able to access their Twitter account through its Digital Marketing Center's social media management tool, according to Microsoft. Users will also no longer be able to schedule, create, or manage tweets or tweet drafts. In addition, users won't be able to view their past tweets and engagement on the Microsoft Advertising platform.

Check out lesson 13

vampire

PVW said:

Microsoft drops Twitter from its advertising platform (Mashable)

Microsoft is going to drop Twitter from its Microsoft Advertising plan next week, according to the company.

"Starting on April 25, 2023, Smart Campaigns with Multi-platform will no longer support Twitter," Microsoft said. A similar email has begun to go out to Microsoft Advertising users stating that "Digital Marketing Center (DMC) will no longer support Twitter starting on April 25, 2023."

From that date, users will no longer be able to access their Twitter account through its Digital Marketing Center's social media management tool, according to Microsoft. Users will also no longer be able to schedule, create, or manage tweets or tweet drafts. In addition, users won't be able to view their past tweets and engagement on the Microsoft Advertising platform.

Some people still advertising on Twitter

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.