The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

mtierney said:

For all the men here…and the women who love them….

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/12/opinion/men-purpose-respect.html

as the Times opinion pages sink rapidly into the toilet...

mtierney said:

Missed this bombshell yesterday! And in the NYT, yet!

https://thespectator.com/topic/russiagate-the-medias-vietnam-trump-steele-cjr/

WOW

The Spectator is sort of like the National Review's crazy racist uncle, no?

I really liked their insightful piece on why ugly women can't be politicians.  Top quality stuff. I haven't ever met you in person so you will have to be the judge as to whether, as a woman, your personal appearance is suitable for political activity.

mtierney said:

Missed this bombshell yesterday! And aboun the NYT, yet!

https://thespectator.com/topic/russiagate-the-medias-vietnam-trump-steele-cjr/

anyone want to read the rest?

No, because it's an article about another article.

Seriously mtierney, given the trash you read, it's no wonder you post such nonsense.

mtierney said:

anyone want to read the rest?

You lost me at your uncomprehending, and now-deleted, WOW.

People who enjoy witty cartoons might enjoy this First Dog on the Moon, on the topic of Mystery Balloons. It’s too large to insert.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/feb/13/mystery-balloons-what-are-they-aliens-probing-our-atmosphere-or-a-race-of-ancient-skywhales   (Skywhale is a massive art balloon brought out to float above various festivals and protests. It’s hideous, in my opinion)

Obviously, most Californians who are aware of her mental incapacity would have preferred a resignation but this is the next best thing. A dark day for the special interests she represented with such dedication though.

Senator Dianne Feinstein to Retire at the End of Her Term

Darn it, I really thought we'd get a whole 24 hours.

What did I miss, guys? 

I realize some imported postings are a tad inscrutable.

DaveSchmidt said:

This is what had elicited my WOW — before it disappeared….

“But “Clinton campaign” itself became a media euphemism for speaking about the dossier’s creation and insertion into American life. It was Hillary Clinton herself who actively participated in this effort. “Behind the scenes, Clinton was said to have approved a ‘proposal from one of her foreign policy advisors to vilify Donald Trump by stirring up a scandal claiming interference by Russian security services,’” Gerth reports. “Clinton personally supported pitching a reporter to explore the story as the campaign was not ‘totally confident’ of its accuracy,” he writes in another passage.

“That the most powerful woman in American politics was not just the source of the Steele dossier but was personally approving and coordinating key elements of the attack campaign against an elected president is a journalistic bombshell. It’s the kind of revelation that, in any other context, where the variables were changed for different parties and different politicians, would trigger reams of prize-winning reporting, followed by appearances on Sunday morning shows, the creation of podcasts and documentaries and so on. In this case, however, revelations about Clinton’s direct involvement were barely reported.

“The upshot is that while the media was relentlessly pursuing its campaign to “prove” Trump had colluded with a foreign power to unduly influence the election, the Clinton campaign was working to influence that very same election in an underhanded manner. It did not deliver the election result they hoped for. But it defined the narrative around Trump and his presidency.”

mtierney said:

This is what had elicited my WOW — before it disappeared….

It disappeared at the same time that “in the NYT” changed to “about the NYT.” Coincidences happen.

mtierney said:

DaveSchmidt said:

This is what had elicited my WOW — before it disappeared….

“But “Clinton campaign” itself became a media euphemism for speaking about the dossier’s creation and insertion into American life. It was Hillary Clinton herself who actively participated in this effort. “Behind the scenes, Clinton was said to have approved a ‘proposal from one of her foreign policy advisors to vilify Donald Trump by stirring up a scandal claiming interference by Russian security services,’” Gerth reports. “Clinton personally supported pitching a reporter to explore the story as the campaign was not ‘totally confident’ of its accuracy,” he writes in another passage.

“That the most powerful woman in American politics was not just the source of the Steele dossier but was personally approving and coordinating key elements of the attack campaign against an elected president is a journalistic bombshell. It’s the kind of revelation that, in any other context, where the variables were changed for different parties and different politicians, would trigger reams of prize-winning reporting, followed by appearances on Sunday morning shows, the creation of podcasts and documentaries and so on. In this case, however, revelations about Clinton’s direct involvement were barely reported.

“The upshot is that while the media was relentlessly pursuing its campaign to “prove” Trump had colluded with a foreign power to unduly influence the election, the Clinton campaign was working to influence that very same election in an underhanded manner. It did not deliver the election result they hoped for. But it defined the narrative around Trump and his presidency.”

Gerth is the former NY Times reporter who made up the Whitewater scandal out of whole cloth, so, great track record.

mtierney said:

Don’t know about you guys, by this is not reassuring…

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2023/02/16/transportation_secretary_buttigieg_east_palestine_has_gotten_a_lot_of_attention_but_there_are_roughly_1000_cases_per_year_of_trains_derailing.html

Gee well it's a good thing the Dems pushed through an infrastructure bill where they could deal with these problems.

Aren't you happy about that?

ridski said:

Darn it, I really thought we'd get a whole 24 hours.

From earlier today.

drummerboy said:

Gee well it's a good thing the Dems pushed through an infrastructure bill where they could deal with these problems.

Aren't you happy about that?

And I was about to wish you good health — 70 miles away is too close for comfort! Your cranky response should be directed toward Mayor Pete, our mostly absentee secretary of transportation. 

Let’s hope that Buttigieg and Harris join forces! A match made in heaven —or more likely hell.

mtierney said:

And I was about to wish you good health — 70 miles away is too close for comfort! Your cranky response should be directed toward Mayor Pete, our mostly absentee secretary of transportation. 

That would be silly and misdirected, since the situation wasn't caused by him, or by circumstances under his control.

Trains, planes, etc are in his job description — he just doesn’t go to the office much!

nohero said:

That would be silly and misdirected, since the situation wasn't caused by him, or by circumstances under his control.

mtierney said:

Trains, planes, etc are in his job description — he just doesn’t go to the office much!

I have two suggestions:

1. Find some more accurate sources of news.

2. That's the second time you've repeated the claim about him, that's rooted in anti-gay hate speech from back when he took parental leave. I didn't comment on it the first time, but since you repeated it, please stop it.

mtierney said:

Mayor Pete, our mostly absentee secretary of transportation. 

Who can forget "infrastructure week"?

Can you see how your support for the man who spent less time working and more time golfing than any other President in US History colors people's response to these sorts of comments?

Or, is you head completely

nohero said:

Solid advice that will not be followed.  In fact, I anticipate continued movement in the opposite direction.

nohero said:

I have two suggestions:

2. That's the second time you've repeated the claim about him, that's rooted in anti-gay hate speech from back when he took parental leave. I didn't comment on it the first time, but since you repeated it, please stop it.

That presumption matches your pompous claim that I set out to hurt a Maplewood woman down on her luck by posting the NYT article! You threatened to report me! 
I hope you recognize now that I was right to bring up the matter to the attention of Maplewood residents who might be unaware of the sharks roaming our neighborhoods. David certainly did, along with others who see how laws can be corrupted to hurt citizens unknowingly.

I hope this “awakening “ doesn’t escape further, ongoing  investigation and public awareness of the taxes trap.

Your frequent,  didactic — holier than thou accusations —here are  neither accurate nor neighborly!

mtierney said:

That presumption matches your pompous claim that I set out to hurt a Maplewood woman down on her luck by posting the NYT article! You threatened to report me! 
I hope you recognize now that I was right to bring up the matter to the attention of Maplewood residents who might be unaware of the sharks roaming our neighborhoods. David certainly did, along with others who see how laws can be corrupted to hurt citizens unknowingly.

I hope this “awakening “ doesn’t escape further, ongoing  investigation and public awareness of the taxes trap.

Your frequent,  didactic — holier than thou accusations —here are  neither accurate nor neighborly!

Just because the situation was tragic doesn't mean that your trollish attempt to exploit another person's suffering for your own ends wasn't deplorable.

You are not the real victim here.

MT, you just can’t let go of things can you? Who threatened to report you? You basically brought up the incident in order to get the scoop on what happened, and if anyone knew the woman. You like to create drama and then play the victim. All this talk about “woke” and “awakening” is just plain stupid. You listen to the idiots on Fox News using those words to insult liberals and you think you can just come here and “sock it to the woke liberals in MAPSO”…don’t you have and cross stitching to do? 

Actually, I am crocheting a cozy lap rug at the moment. 

Oh, I know two posters stated they would report me — one was definitely Nohero. I don’t believe that link is still intact. It was replaced by David’s post which recognized my point: taxpayers have to be aware of the rules of taxation and they need to have resources available   to help them travel the tough world out there. 

The other might have been our stuttering troll? I’ll try to remember.

A lifelong Maplewood woman should have, and could have been treated better. Her resistance to moving could have been handled better. The Township needs to fix the process to avoid such situations reoccurring— they surely will. 

Trigger warnings work better when they appear at the beginning of the offending post, not the end.

True to my word, here are the posts reporting me for having revealed the underbelly of the real estate tax lien grab and its crushing burden on long time residents. I posted the NYT fire story — a second time — on Jamie’s thread on how to improve MOL. The initial posting, I suspect, has apparently been deleted.

You forgot the trigger warning.

In any case, there is a reason why your original post was deleted and that is, indeed, because you were using the sad plight of a mentally unstable person to further your own ugly agenda.

All of which was done, I would note, without any reference to the situation with the taxes which was not public knowledge at the time. Nohero was absolutely right to report your post.

As I have said, throughout this saga, ugly stuff.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Rentals

Advertise here!