What series should I watch next?

Good Omens (Prime) is fantastic. I’m halfway through Dead To Me (Netflix) right now and I probably won’t get to sleep until it’s over.

Fleabag season 2 on Amazon is great!

cubby said:

Yes, fantastic but much too short.

Looking forward to the return of Big Little Lies. Great female cast.

BTW, I didn't sleep until I finished Dead To Me. It's fantastic. Applegate and Cardellini are amazing in it. Netflix is completely underselling this as a whimsical comedy, but it's actually very good mystery that had us laughing, crying and on the edge of our seats the entire 5 hours. The ending! OMG! They had better make a season 2 of this.

ridski said:
BTW, I didn't sleep until I finished Dead To Me. It's fantastic. Applegate and Cardellini are amazing in it. Netflix is completely underselling this as a whimsical comedy, but it's actually very good mystery that had us laughing, crying and on the edge of our seats the entire 5 hours. The ending! OMG! They had better make a season 2 of this.

I heard (from my daughter) that it has been picked up for a second season. Not sure where to go from the end of Season One but I, too, enjoyed  it very much. 

Chernobyl on HBO. omg.

just finished Reilly, Ace of Spies. Would have been better over two seasons. Way too much story to tell in one. But very enjoyable.

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

cubby said:
 Yes, fantastic but much too short.

And she's not doing a 3rd season.

Did anyone check out "Tales of the City" reboot or season 1/2 of "Bad Blood?"  Both on Netflix.

Satisfying season finale for Gentlemen Jack. I'm hooked. Dark beginning for Big Little Lies.

Black Mirror has 3 new episodes - first 2 were pretty good, looking forward to the third.

Catch-22 on Hulu.  Six, one hour episodes.  5 Stars!

Great season finale Big Little Lies. Catch up. Meryl Streep was unnerving.

finishing up Prime’s Line of Duty — police corruption — engrossing 

Catch-22 was a bit of a disappointment compared with the movie version, IMO.

dave said:
Catch-22 was a bit of a disappointment compared with the movie version, IMO.

Great movie. Hard to beat that cast.

I've been watching "I Love You Now Die" on HBO, a documentary about a young woman in Massachusetts who pushed her "boyfriend" to commit suicide via thousands of texts. I think it could have benefited from being shorter but it is very engaging for being so real.

I recommend getting back in touch with The Andy Griffith show. I started watching it recently and I am enthralled by it.

As far as reruns go, I'm watching MASH.

Has anyone been watching The Loudest Voice? Its a Showtime series about Rodger Ailes. Easy to forget that you are watching Russell Crowe who is amazingly creepy as Ailes.

I'm watching Season 2 of Workin’ Moms on Netflix. It's a very funny, hip Canadian show about Kate, a neurotic young mother and ad agency creative and her friends. It's sexy, and a not bit nutty. They're very ambivalent about parenthood even though they all have small children.  I'd suggest seeing Season 1 first. A few cast members were also in Kim's Convenience, another funny Canadian Netflix show. Who knew Canadians could be so funny?

Also watched Whitney Cummings' new stand up. It starts out really strong and funny, about Me, Too and men's behavior. Sort of goes downhill with the whole sex robot thing after that.

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:
I'm watching Season 2 of Workin’ Moms on Netflix. It's a very funny, hip Canadian show about Kate, a neurotic young mother and ad agency creative and her friends. It's sexy, and a not bit nutty. They're very ambivalent about parenthood even though they all have small children.  I'd suggest seeing Season 1 first. A few cast members were also in Kim's Convenience, another funny Canadian Netflix show. Who knew Canadians could be so funny?

Also watched Whitney Cummings' new stand up. It starts out really strong and funny, about Me, Too and men's behavior. Sort of goes downhill with the whole sex robot thing after that.

Watchin’ more Workin’ Moms  and lovin’ it. Do check it out. 

Morganna said:
As far as reruns go, I'm watching MASH.
Has anyone been watching The Loudest Voice? Its a Showtime series about Rodger Ailes. Easy to forget that you are watching Russell Crowe who is amazingly creepy as Ailes.

Yeah, I've been watching MASH a lot too.

I can't bring myself to watch The Loudest Voice. The whole existence of Roger Ailes is so depressing to me that I can't imagine enjoying a show about him.

Finished Big Little Lies, enjoyed it.

Nearly done with The Son. Curious to see how it ends.

One episode into last season of Orange Is the New Black. I'm sure it will be a rough final season.

Into third season of Poldark. Wish it came with subtitles for the supporting cast, however! Beautifully filmed. 

mtierney said:

Into third season of Poldark. Wish it came with subtitles for the supporting cast, however! Beautifully filmed. 

Can't you just turn on subtitles?

Speaking of shows you need subtitles for, I most definitely did not cry at the end of Series 2 of Derry Girls. It must have been all that rain we had yesterday.

drummerboy said:

Yeah, I've been watching MASH a lot too.

I can't bring myself to watch The Loudest Voice. The whole existence of Roger Ailes is so depressing to me that I can't imagine enjoying a show about him.

I stumbled upon it and can't describe it as enjoyment. It is a bit like watching a horror film. I knew little about how he got started and the details of what he did. It exposes the creation of FOX in a graphic and frightening way.  Kudos to Russell Crowe for his performance.  Ailes paid a price with this portrayal.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.