What series should I watch next?

dave said:

Watching The Diplomat now and enjoying it.   Also just finished On the Verge (Julie Delpy) and that was enjoyable, as well. Fair warning: lots in French with subtitles.

I watched the first 3 episodes of The Diplomat last night and I'm hooked. And Kerri Russell?  [swoon...]

We're kind of slogging our way The Night Agent right now, having finished episode 7 over the weekend. It's okay, but you really have to switch off your logic circuits and strap in for terrible acting choices. 

One of the best female copper series I have seen is the oldie “Happy Valley “. Riveting!

ridski said:

We're kind of slogging our way The Night Agent right now, having finished episode 7 over the weekend. It's okay, but you really have to switch off your logic circuits and strap in for terrible acting choices. 

we are also watching it. I like it- agree on the acting though.

ridski said:

The Chief of Staff at the White House was horrible. I couldn't get past how bad she was.

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

dave said:

Watching The Diplomat now and enjoying it.   Also just finished On the Verge (Julie Delpy) and that was enjoyable, as well. Fair warning: lots in French with subtitles.

I watched the first 3 episodes of The Diplomat last night and I'm hooked. And Kerri Russell?  [swoon...]

I really liked The Diplomat. A fast paced and cleverly constructed plot.

I think we may have quit on Night Agent. I just can't get back into that show. So instead we watched the first 2 episodes of Silo on Apple TV, which was a-maz-ing. It's sci-fi, but it's really just a great mystery in a sci-fi setting well-told, with powerful acting (although some of the Brit actors American accents are a little dodgy.)

Silo was just recommend to me but I don't have Apple.

Just finished The Spy Among Friends. No way could I tell you what it was about, only that I loved it. I love smoke- filled rooms, 1930s London, and polite conversations between men and women, without the cell phone even in the offing. That the story is true, and the actors amazing, is icing on the cake. It’s on my reading list.

Recommend Pennyworth on Prime. 

Has anyone seen Manifest  (Netflix)?  I'm a few episodes in and it seems pretty decent so far.

I have been underwhelmed with Apple's shows - like Shrinking.  Mythic quest had a good start, but that's sizzled a bit for me.  I also liked the premise of the Big Door Prize.  It had a solid start, then eh.

Silo is good.  Physical was good.

I don't do anything Apple (but that is just me). My cousin and her son decided to quit Manifest after watching most of the first season if that helps

I may have written this before, but I think Norseman is the funniest thing on TV. I've watched both seasons three times now.  Approaching Arrested Development territory for me. 

jamie said:

Has anyone seen Manifest  (Netflix)?  I'm a few episodes in and it seems pretty decent so far.

I have been underwhelmed with Apple's shows - like Shrinking.  Mythic quest had a good start, but that's sizzled a bit for me.  I also liked the premise of the Big Door Prize.  It had a solid start, then eh.

Silo is good.  Physical was good.

Silo is great. I really liked Shrinking once I turned my brain off and forgot all about the real world ethics of the story's conceit. Harrison Ford is brilliant - cantankerous and grizzly but a heart of gold. I'm looking forward to season 2. 

I was sad to see the end of Ted Lasso, but they nailed the landing. I've been ranting about that show since I binged season one on Christmas Day in 2020, and it may be one of the few shows I've watched multiple times, and every time I do I see something new in it, or find a seed that grows into a major storyline later on, or even just clever juxtapositions of the same joke. 

jeffl said:

I may have written this before, but I think Norseman is the funniest thing on TV. I've watched both seasons three times now.  Approaching Arrested Development territory for me. 

It looks like it is only on Apple TV so that counts me out unless I'm reading this wrongly. If it is just apple then perhaps it will shift over at some point. (My bias against all things Apple is not rational and doesn't need to be discussed here but it's a real bias.)

both are on Netflix.  

I am laughing so hard watching Jury Duty (on Prime).

zucca said:

Thanks for the reminder zucca! 

I just finished Never Have I Ever. Yes sort of a rom com but so much more and it got better each season. Also finished second season of Somebody/Somewhere, which was wonderful and there will be a third season yay!  Just started an older series I think called Mysteries of Laura. I think I like it. Don't love it so far but enjoying it for the NY scenes and interesting situations she gets into.

wendy said:

zucca said:

Thanks for the reminder zucca! 

I just finished Never Have I Ever. Yes sort of a rom com but so much more and it got better each season. Also finished second season of Somebody/Somewhere, which was wonderful and there will be a third season yay!  Just started an older series I think called Mysteries of Laura. I think I like it. Don't love it so far but enjoying it for the NY scenes and interesting situations she gets into.

I'm watching the latest season of Never Have I Ever. So adorable! And John McEnroe!

Yes, we loved Never Have I Ever. Will have to try Somebody Somewhere, as we're looking for something new. 

We really enjoyed the movie Air.

zucca said:

We really enjoyed the movie Air.

Me, too. Wasn't expecting to. 

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

So then we watched the Friday Night Lights movie, because Air left me feeling sports inclined, and I slept through much of it. So. much. football.

zucca said:

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

So then we watched the Friday Night Lights movie, because Air left me feeling sports inclined, and I slept through much of it. So. much. football.

My favorite football movie is ANY GIVEN SUNDAY (1999). With Al Pacino, Ann-Margaret, Dennis Quaid, Cameron Diaz, Jamie Foxx, James Woods, LL Cool J, Lawrence Taylor, Aaron Eckhart and Charlton Heston.  Directed by Oliver Stone (Platoon, Born on the Fourth of July, JFK). If you like football, you'd probably like this movie. If you like Oliver Stone's movies, you'd probably like this. 

What a cast! I’ll put it on the list. 

zucca said:

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

You have to watch the series zucca. Forget the movie; put it out of your mind. The series ranks up there in the top 5; REALLY!

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

zucca said:

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

My favorite football movie is ANY GIVEN SUNDAY (1999). With Al Pacino, Ann-Margaret, Dennis Quaid, Cameron Diaz, Jamie Foxx, James Woods, LL Cool J, Lawrence Taylor, Aaron Eckhart and Charlton Heston.  Directed by Oliver Stone (Platoon, Born on the Fourth of July, JFK). If you like football, you'd probably like this movie. If you like Oliver Stone's movies, you'd probably like this. 

I'll have to try that. One of my absolute favorite movie OPENINGS was from North Dallas Forty, also a very decent movie. My favorite movie sports or not for the most part is however Bull Durham. 

wendy said:

I'll have to try that. One of my absolute favorite movie OPENINGS was from North Dallas Forty, also a very decent movie. My favorite movie sports or not for the most part is however Bull Durham. 

Yeah, it's hard to top Bull Durham. I need to watch it again. 

I started watching the new season of The Bear and enjoying it. (If you like Jeremy Allen White in The Bear, check him out in the 11 seasons of Shameless.)

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

I started watching the new season of The Bear and enjoying it. (If you like Jeremy Allen White in The Bear, check him out in the 11 seasons of Shameless.)

Agreed.  I think it's brilliant acting and directing.  It's one of those shows/movies where the dialogue feels real, as if they're improvising it.  

Just watched the final episode of Never Have I Ever.  Unbelievably adorable. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!