# release the documents

So is it over?  The first GOP memo told only part of the story, the Dem memo filled in details, and the second GOP memo just goes off on a rant that doesn't add any facts. 

cramer said:

drummerboy said:

I think part of the delay was so that the R's could get their anti-Schiff-Memo talking points all lined up and ready to go the moment the memo was released.

Yes. The GOP counter-memo to the Schiff counter-memo to the Nunes memo. 

I think it's pretty much over. Dunes wins. (Or whoever thought of this. I'm sure not Nunes. I'm betting on Roy Cohn, I mean,  Stephen Miller.)

They have successfully thrown enough sh!t into the fan so that no one knows what the eff anyone is talking about anymore.

Mission accomplished!

South_Mountaineer said:

So is it over?  The first GOP memo told only part of the story, the Dem memo filled in details, and the second GOP memo just goes off on a rant that doesn't add any facts. 
cramer said:

drummerboy said:

I think part of the delay was so that the R's could get their anti-Schiff-Memo talking points all lined up and ready to go the moment the memo was released.

Yes. The GOP counter-memo to the Schiff counter-memo to the Nunes memo. 

yikes! don't fu!k  with marcy!

cramer said:

Someone just had his a$$ handed to him: 

https://twitter.com/paulsurovell/status/967945282955640832

drummerboy said:

cramer said:

I think Paul started following Marcy because I used to (still do)  quote her. 

marcy's good. I used to read her years ago, and just started again after I learned (from you) that she's a russia-gate maven.

cramer said:

drummerboy said:

cramer said:

ajc said:

BTW pal, you and your ilk are getting ever and ever closer to crossing the line with your increasingly fowl and insulting personal remarks. If you guys can't control yourselves, and keep the comments to the issues, then maybe the next time we meet, instead of shaking hands, you may find mine up the side of your head...  question 

here's a fowl remark -- I would never in my life have expected conservatives to become such chickens over so many things.  You guys are quivering over imagined threats all over the place, to the extent that you want a freakin' wall to keep out the scary people.  

ajc said:

ridski said:

ajc said:

Sorry, but I disagree, it wasn't an either or, one ruler over another. It's all about individual freedom. I see it more like it's the weaker among us, (the left) who have less interest in freedom from government; and prefer to have government control us, whether others need it or not...

Then you need a better analogy than William Wallace, because all Scotland did was to defeat a foreign king and replace him with a local king. Conservatives are not really about individual freedom at all. They're taking our money and building a wall with it. Nothing says individual freedom like a massive wall. Conservatives also love to regulate sexual education in schools; the conservative attorney general wants to supercede the will of voters in states where they have chosen to legalize marijuana sales and use, even for medical purposes; they are regulating the **** out of abortion clinics; they wrote the USA PATRIOT Act, ffs. The right don't give a **** about your individual freedom, ajc. 

"The right don't give a **** about your individual freedom, Ajc."

I don't blindly go down any road Ridski... I'm my own person; and I don't fit perfectly in any box, right or left. The problem here is it's too easy to categorize one person with "everything", that one side or another says, or does. I'm as guilty as the next guy, so let's all try to agree not to agree, and stop always making it so personal, with all the childish name calling. Just say'n...

Uh... I was responding to this:

“Defending Freedom to the average Conservative vs the average Liberal, is as different as day and night.”

I’m not sure what you’re talking about.

ajc said:

Sorry, but I disagree, it wasn't an either or, one ruler over another. It's all about individual freedom. I see it more like it's the weaker among us, (the left) who have less interest in freedom from government; and prefer to have government control us, whether others need it or not...

I think the freedoms that AJC is worried about include things like the freedom of Christianists to deny LGBTQ people full civil rights.

Conservatives really don't give a damn about freedom.  Ask any one of them what they think of the ACLU, which is out there constantly fighting to preserve our rights.  I'd bet 9 out of 10 so-called conservatives will tell you they hate the ACLU.

Arturo, grrr 

Please tell me where the line actually is so I can cross it. 

Sbenois,  grrr

You already crossed the line pal. If you're ready to take the next step, you'll find me up on Pancake Ridge, just across from the Winchester Gardens Bridge. And, bring your babbling snowflakes, if you think they can handle the heat in the kitchen....

Up on Pancake Ridge huh?   Is that next to Bone Spur Boulevard?   

tjohn said:

I think the freedoms that AJC is worried about include things like the freedom of Christianists to deny LGBTQ people full civil rights.

tjohn, do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound? Please tell everyone on MOL how you know what I think about "things like the freedom of Christians to deny LGBTQ people full civil rights." Come on, tell us how you know anything about how I think...

IMO, you're as bad as Ml1 who also knows how Conservatives really don't give a damn about freedom, and how 9 out of 10 so-called conservatives will tell you they hate the ACLU. How did you ALL get so informed about what we think?

sbenois said:

Up on Pancake Ridge huh?   Is that next to Bone Spur Boulevard?   

No, it's across the road from Fist City, and Knuckle Junction... 

Hey those are my snowflakes that you are insulting.  Watch it pal.

ajc said:

tjohn said:

tjohn, do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound? Please tell everyone on MOL how you know what I think about "things like the freedom of Christians to deny LGBTQ people full civil rights." Come on, tell us how you know anything about how I think...

IMO, you're as bad as Ml1 who also knows how Conservatives really don't give a damn about freedom, and how 9 out of 10 so-called conservatives will tell you they hate the ACLU. How did you ALL get so informed about what we think?

Well Art, since you brought up this movie:

ajc said:

Come on, tell us how you know anything about how I think... 

A guess: 478 pages of MOL comments.

DaveSchmidt said:

ajc said:

Come on, tell us how you know anything about how I think... 

A guess: 478 pages of MOL comments.

^this

ajc said:

OK then. 

Are you an ACLU supporter?

and here's why I figure conservatives hate the ACLU.  Thirty years ago, George H.W. Bush thought that his base hated the ACLU enough to think that being a member should disqualify someone from the presidency:

http://www.nytimes.com/1988/09/18/opinion/card-carrying-smears.html

Red_Barchetta said:

Well Art, since you brought up this movie:

Yes, my kind of fun loving, a$$ kicking, take no prisoner people... Being Donald's mother was born in Scotland,  so maybe you can better understand his mind set. My wife is a thoroughbred Scot; and I too have been there a time or two, so I know a thing or two, because I've seen a thing or two...

Therefore, Sbenois whit's fur ye'll no go past ye. You're a wee scunner. You need awa an bile yer heid. Your lavvy heids, and wee clipes are bampot, doaty, bobbers and should shut their geggie's.Whit's fur ye'll no go past ye. Thee faces like a skelped erse. Hackit, howlin, and I wouldnae ride a one of them in tae battle. The bawbag tubes are all aff yer heids...

drummerboy said:

marcy's good. I used to read her years ago, and just started again after I learned (from you) that she's a russia-gate maven.

cramer said:

drummerboy said:

cramer said:

If you read the whole thread, you'll see that she conceded to me on a major point.

And with regard to the earlier exchange with Jeremy Scahill, he ended up citing one of the experts I mentioned, during his hosting of the debate between Glenn Greenwald and James Risen.

Lesson: Don't rely on Cramer's little games to know what I'm tweeting (or to know how I find out about writers). Better to follow me and get the whole story. And no, I didn't discover Marcy from Cramer. I've followed her work since when she was on the staff of The Intercept several years ago.

Which point did she concede? I read the whole thread and this was her last response to you:

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/967957685822992387

oh oh  : oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh  oh oh 

A good look at the Trump Tower meeting - what we know, what we don't know (a lot.) 

https://www.vox.com/2018/2/26/16964328/trump-tower-meeting-mueller-russia

"other interesting questions have been posed by independent journalist Marcy Wheeler, who has been doing some of the best and most interesting coverage of the Trump-Russia scandal at her site EmptyWheel — work that combines a mastery of the underlying facts with deep subject matter expertise and a talent for skeptical close reading.

When it comes to the Trump Tower meeting, Wheeler posits that the various meeting participants and associated lawyers could be trying to “craft a story” that will provide a seemingly benign explanation for all the potentially incriminating documents and evidence they know of. She says the disclosures so far could be a “limited hangout,” which is a spy term used by Nixon’s aides during the Watergate cover-up. Essentially, this refers to partial admissions meant to serve as a smokescreen to obscure something else.

It’s not, Wheeler posits, that everything we’ve heard about the Trump Tower meeting is totally false. It’s more that it’s incomplete. In particular, her writings have raised several interesting questions about the story. These include, among others:" 

The most interesting:

Was there a second part of the meeting we don’t yet know about? This, of course, was Bannon’s theory — that Don Jr. brought up attendees to meet his father. And Wheeler has flagged a recent LA Times story suggesting that the entire Russian group didn’t exit Trump Tower together, and used it to ask whether some in the delegation stayed behind for more conversations afterward.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.