DUMP TRUMP (previously 2020 candidates)

No matter what you think of Joe - this is one of the best anti-Trump messages out there:

You’d think that someone with plastic surgery that bad would be more self aware.

Robert_Casotto said:
You’d think that someone with plastic surgery that bad would be more self aware.

You'd think someone with bone spurs and a wig would be more self aware....

NYT: Joe Biden Expresses Regret to Anita Hill, but She Says ‘I’m Sorry’ Is Not Enough

I think the key point here is that Biden didn't apologize for his actions he apologized for her experience. Sort of a "sorry if you were offended" moment. Very similar in tone to his non apology to the folks he fondled.  Not anywhere near enough but hey, its Great Uncle Grabby.  He'll probably be making jokes about it this afternoon.

Klinker said:
NYT: Joe Biden Expresses Regret to Anita Hill, but She Says ‘I’m Sorry’ Is Not Enough
I think the key point here is that Biden didn't apologize for his actions he apologized for her experience. Sort of a "sorry if you were offended" moment. Very similar in tone to his non apology to the folks he fondled.  Not anywhere near enough but hey, its Great Uncle Grabby.  He'll probably be making jokes about it this afternoon.

Too little, too late for Joe on this one.  His candidacy is only going to remind people (especially women, and especially African American women) of this episode (which he managed to avoid dealing with when he ran with Obama).  His heart's in the right place, but his head doesn't always follow.

Whoever wins the nomination is going to need to retain the majority of the Democratic  base, and also bring a bunch of new voters along. If it's Joe Biden, he's going to have to capture an awful lot swing voters in the Midwest oh, probably mostly white, to pull off a general election win. I think he gets a boost with African-American voters because of his association with President Obama. But I think that's going to be somewhat negated like his behavior in the Clarence Thomas hearings. It's a perfect target for the kind of targeted Facebook ads that the Russian troll farms specialize in. 

Klinker your continued use of a juvenile nickname providing is the kind of rhetoric that Trump used to diminish his opponents in the 2016 Republican primaries. I agree that his past actions a problematic and he seems tone deaf to just how serious the allegations are. He hasn't apologized in a meaningful way in my opinion. But here Democrats go again with destroying their own.

Jaytee said:

Robert_Casotto said:
 You'd think someone with bone spurs and a wig would be more self aware....

It's not a wig, apparently he had some kind of hair flap plastic surgery years ago. So he has to keep it super long to cover up where he had it removed.  

Smedley said:
 It's not a wig, apparently he had some kind of hair flap plastic surgery years ago. So he has to keep it super long to cover up where he had it removed.  

Can't unsee that.

All those who would leave Bidenstein’s monster alone in a room with their 14 year old daughter for more than five seconds, raise your hands.

Robert_Casotto said:
All those who would leave Bidenstein’s monster alone in a room with their 14 year old daughter for more than five seconds, raise your hands.

I would.

You are my favorite troll by the way, highly predictable.

Big Biden smooch to you, anonymous Internet fan.

Robert_Casotto said:

And then there's this:

Four women who competed in the 1997 Miss Teen USA beauty pageant said Donald Trump walked into the dressing room while contestants — some as young as 15 — were changing.

“I remember putting on my dress really quick because I was like, ‘Oh my god, there’s a man in here,’” said Mariah Billado, the former Miss Vermont Teen USA.

Trump, she recalled, said something like, “Don’t worry, ladies, I’ve seen it all before.”

Three other women, who asked to remain anonymous for fear of getting engulfed in a media firestorm, also remembered Trump entering the dressing room while girls were changing. Two of them said the girls rushed to cover their bodies, with one calling it “shocking” and “creepy.”

But keep sticking with your issues, Bobby, you're doing a great job.

All those who would let their 14 year old daughter compete in the Miss Teen USA beauty pageant, raise your hands.

Robert_Casotto said:
All those who would let their 14 year old daughter compete in the Miss Teen USA beauty pageant, raise your hands.

I would not raise my hand.  That being said, Bobby's comment there comes a little too close to "They were asking for it."

I'm not sure how many "swing voters" there are anymore. After the last couple of years hasn't almost everyone made up their "love or hate" mind about Trump?

As always, but now more than ever, everything will ride on turnout, -especially the "I hate Trump" vote which I suspect (and hope) will be stronger than the horse-race reporting may indicate as we get closer.

Personally, I'm not sure who I will vote for in the Dem primary but I certainly will be voting for whoever is the Dem candidate over Trump and I think a lot of people feel the same including those who stayed home last time.

nohero said:

Robert_Casotto said:
 And then there's this:

Four women who competed in the 1997 Miss Teen USA beauty pageant said Donald Trump walked into the dressing room while contestants — some as young as 15 — were changing.

“I remember putting on my dress really quick because I was like, ‘Oh my god, there’s a man in here,’” said Mariah Billado, the former Miss Vermont Teen USA.

Trump, she recalled, said something like, “Don’t worry, ladies, I’ve seen it all before.”

Three other women, who asked to remain anonymous for fear of getting engulfed in a media firestorm, also remembered Trump entering the dressing room while girls were changing. Two of them said the girls rushed to cover their bodies, with one calling it “shocking” and “creepy.”
But keep sticking with your issues, Bobby, you're doing a great job.

When Ivanka was 16.

nohero said:
Hearing about Joe Biden announcing, made me think of a classic rock band announcing a summer tour.  Journey, REO Speedwagon, along those lines.

I know it's incredibly shallow of me, but I can't help but get creeped out by Joe's hair plugs and face lift.

nohero said:

Robert_Casotto said:
I would not raise my hand.  That being said, Bobby's comment there comes a little too close to "They were asking for it."

Weird that someone would read into it like that.  like, Biden weird.

Robert_Casotto said:

nohero said:

Robert_Casotto said:
 Weird that someone would read into it like that.  like, Biden weird.

Not weird at all. You leave your books here wide open.

(Then again, I’m just a nonanonymous product of Biden’s longtime state.)

nohero said:

Robert_Casotto said:

All those who interpreted R_C's comment the same as nohero, raise your hands

steel said:
I'm not sure how many "swing voters" there are anymore. After the last couple of years hasn't almost everyone made up their "love or hate" mind about Trump?

Something like 13% of Obama voters from 2012 went from Trump in 2016. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/upshot/the-obama-trump-voters-are-real-heres-what-they-think.html

I won't quibble the actual numbers but there are Trump voters out there who I would say are in play. Maybe Biden is the best guy to try and capture them. But I don't know for sure.

Ah, only one hand raised.

I too have read that some Obama voters voted for Trump in 2016 but I would be curious as to whether many of those same voters would vote for Trump again in 2020. Perhaps I have too much faith in common decency to think that they would not. 

The next two years will probably be an even wilder ride than the last two (if that's possible).

nohero said:

Klinker said:
Too little, too late for Joe on this one.  His candidacy is only going to remind people (especially women, and especially African American women) of this episode (which he managed to avoid dealing with when he ran with Obama).  His heart's in the right place, but his head doesn't always follow.

What % of Trump voters think it's great that Clarence Thomas is on the Supreme Court and believe Anita Hill to be a liar?

There are two ways for Joe to make amends.

1. Call for the impeachment of Clarence Thomas.

2. Pledge to nominate Anita Hill for the first SCOTUS vacancy.

steel said:
I too have read that some Obama voters voted for Trump in 2016 but I would be curious as to whether many of those same voters would vote for Trump again in 2020. Perhaps I have too much faith in common decency to think that they would not. 
The next two years will probably be an even wilder ride than the last two (if that's possible).

I think if all the people who voted for Obama turn out to vote, it's a landslide victory for the Democrats. I honestly feel more people are aware of the mistake they made by not voting for Hillary. We need those Obama voters. 

jamie said:
No matter what you think of Joe - this is one of the best anti-Trump messages out there:

It should be juxtaposed with Trump's candidacy announcement. 

STANV

Apr 26, 2019 at 2:12pm

Thats a brilliant suggestion!  He should take note

STANV said:

A variation of #2 would be to extend SCOTUS to 10 seats and appoint Anita Hill to the 10th seat immediately. That would solve multiple problems.

Biden just announced first day contributions of $6.3 million, bigger than Bernie or Beto. Not bad for a guy with no mailing list, eh?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!