Amazing opinion piece in NY Times

dave23 said:

nan said:

dave23 said:
I'd like to see the proof that MSNBC didn't mention the Yemen war for a year. (Is that because I remember when Nan claimed they hadn't covered it and was immediately proven wrong? Perhaps.)
 I don't think I was the one to claim it--but when questioned it was proven right.
 Ok. Looking forward to the proof that they haven't mentioned it in more than a year. (Don't simply echo people who claim that. Do the work.)

There are a few clips from the past year on MSNBC’s topic page for Yemen, but only a few: 

http://www.msnbc.com/topics/yemen

Yes it's criminally undercovered, but it's also a red herring for Putin's pals.

Regarding the OP and the question of revealing his/her identity, does anyone doubt that the writer's life would been danger if the name were revealed? 

We've had more than one crazy Trumpster threatening either pols or journalists or Pizza joint owners.

GL2 said:
Regarding the OP and the question of revealing his/her identity, does anyone doubt that the writer's life would been danger if the name were revealed? 
We've had more than one crazy Trumpster threatening either pols or journalists or Pizza joint owners.
GL2 said:

Did I say we need to kniw his/her identity?

Wasn't responding to you. Just getting back to topic.

GL2 said:
Slate's argument for Huntsman-as-author is very interesting:
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/09/new-york-times-op-ed-anonymous-writer-trump.html

I vote for this one.

Hmmm...

Gabriel Sherman, a Vanity Fair reporter, found that the president's family members within the White House, daughter Ivanka Trump and son-in-law Jared Kushner, brought their fears directly to the president. Their reported suspect for the unnamed op-ed writer: White House Chief of Staff John Kelly, via his deputy Zachary Fuentes.

alternet

Nan doesn't even admit Russia invaded Crimea.  There's no point responding to her.

dave said:
Nan doesn't even admit Russia invaded Crimea.  There's no point responding to her.

Well if you are choosing between Nazis and Russia, Russia is the better choice.

nan said:

dave said:

The above is a demonstration of the intellectual destination once a person starts accepting Trump's propaganda about the Russian investigation.  You defend Trump (because you think the allegations about Russia "taint" the loss of Hillary Clinton, who you have to insist is solely to blame for the election result).  Then you have to defend Russia from allegations of interference in other countries - even if they're not mere allegations, but actual arming of rebels and military occupation and annexation of territory.

No, Russia fomenting armed conflict (including shooting down a jetliner) and annexing territory is NOT better than some neo-Nazis running around inside Ukraine.

nohero said:

nan said:

dave said:
 The above is a demonstration of the intellectual destination once a person starts accepting Trump's propaganda about the Russian investigation.  You defend Trump (because you think the allegations about Russia "taint" the loss of Hillary Clinton, who you have to insist is solely to blame for the election result).  Then you have to defend Russia from allegations of interference in other countries - even if they're not mere allegations, but actual arming of rebels and military occupation and annexation of territory.
No, Russia fomenting armed conflict (including shooting down a jetliner) and annexing territory is NOT better than some neo-Nazis running around inside Ukraine.

Stop trying to associate me with Trump, a person I refer to as a psycho orange reality TV star.  This coup in Ukraine took place before Trump was president. So, that's a sleezy substitute for an argument. All I did is ask you to watch a movie that shows a different perspective on Ukraine than CNN/MSNBC/PBS, etc.  When you know what you are talking about you are not afraid of other people's ideas.  So, your refusal to watch this movie makes me wonder.  

nan said:

dave said:

Yeah, I'd rather look at Putin's photo on the Ukraine Post Office walls than Hitler's with that silly mustache.

I apologize to everyone for letting nan hijack this thread.  After re-reading it, I think it'll move to the Russia subforum soon, I'll try to sty on top of it better.

jamie said:
I apologize to everyone for letting nan hijack this thread.  After re-reading it, I think it'll move to the Russia subforum soon, I'll try to sty on top of it better.

Wow, you and your brother attack me and then say I hijacked the thread.  Don't bother moving it -- I'm out of here.

jamie said:

As long as you're listening I wish to cast my vote against "Politics Free Weekend".

First, some are too busy working during the week.

Second, and perhaps more importantly, we are less than 2 months to the Election.

Thank you for your consideration.

jamie said:

I just reviewed the last few pages and while I find Nan's obsession with Browder vs. Putin tiresome to say the least I do not find your comment that she has hijacked this thread to be accurate.

I guess the use of mint press news irked me a bit - I guess I’m a bit sensitive to her “secondary sources”

nan said:

jamie said:
 Wow, you and your brother attack me and then say I hijacked the thread.  Don't bother moving it -- I'm out of here.

If only.....

LOST said:

jamie said:
 As long as you're listening I wish to cast my vote against "Politics Free Weekend".
First, some are too busy working during the week.
Second, and perhaps more importantly, we are less than 2 months to the Election.
Thank you for your consideration.

People are finding these threads just as much as they would on the main page and the responses haven't slowed down much.  I've also heard the opposite appreciation to taking politics off of the main page.  I try to please both parties and let the other categories shine a bit more.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.