Call from eldest 46 yr old son

oneofthegirls said:

Thanks Cali.
https://maplewood.worldwebs.com/assets/images/smileys/4.gif" width="" height="" alt="smile" style="border:0;">

I have an update.

To family and friends that don't use facebook, enjoy the good news and pass it on! Love, Chris (oneofthegirls)

Sean's Facebook message:

"Thank You for the last 5.5 years of support and love. It worked.

I have been wanting to write this since July 2019 (really, since my boys put together that fundraiser in 2014, but hoping they forgive me…), but now that I have been cancer-free through the 6-month mark, it’s time…

The second part of the last decade sucked, yet everyone in my life - whether closely connected or distantly tied - made it so special.

So, as we start a new decade, I have a tremendous amount of hope for the first time in a long time.
For that, I have so many people to thank.

5 years from the day I started my first chemotherapy, I received a revolutionary gene-therapy treatment (CAR-T) that has allowed me to live the past 6 months both cancer and chemo free. The first part of that statement something I hadn’t expected to ever hear again. The second part is something that made me realize that I underestimated how important “quality of life” is.

There are so many individuals the thank:
My wife, kids, Dixie, friends near and far, family, my “Chosen Family”…
but also the members of these groups are far too extensive to list individually - I hope you know who you are: the Baseball Crew (the fundraiser started it all!), Eventage Team (you crazy Spartans racers), SteakBoyz, MMRF, Mt. Sinai Multiple Myeloma Team and the Nursing Team of the 4th Fl, Dr. Jag, Jensen Trial Team

I want so many people to know that your caring has been what has helped us the most through this trying time. While I am aware of the sobering reality that no one knows how long this result can last and there is no known cure (YET!), I’m able to enjoy this time and happy hoping the tough part is over.

Ready to make the ’20’s roar! "

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.