Doctor Who (2016) - Meet Bill

On demand is really dumb. Two weeks ago, the episode didn't show up until this past monday, so I wasn't expecting the latest one to be up until next week. Then it randomly showed up yesterday (good thing I checked!) I wish they would put them up on some sort of schedule.

Where do you download it from? I'll have to do that as I CANNOT wait till next week.

downloading now, will watch soon,

growler, I buy an account through hotfile and now filesonic for six months or a year at a time, then I use links from rslinks.org, oneddl,.com, or scnsrc.me usually, then there is sharetera.com too, amongst others.

I sometimesgo through a proxy and watch BBC shows using its iPlayer too.

Posted By: PeggyCThe Doctor's Wife was a really intriguing episode. How much do I love it that the Doctor is in love with the soul of the Tardis (or at least really turned on by it)???

Definitely! I really, really enjoyed that episode - very dark and romantic, and really cool to put a new spin on a long-standing part of the series mythology.
The imagery was really creepy in places as well. Amy discovered "Rory" in the corridor...gaahhhhh!!!!

Posted By: PeggyCOh, and Project37, I think the actress who played the Tardis was channelling Helena Bonham Carter, which can't be an accident.

I Googled the actress and um, let's just say that she's usually not quite Helena Bonham Carter! (ahem) :shocked:

Posted By: zottsI just read that due to Memorial Day the second part of Rebel Flesh will be put off a week for those who actually watch the Doctor on BBCAmerica.

Really dumb. I went ahead and watched it anyway. Spoiler-free comment to follow:

W.T.F.

Seriously, I absolutely did not see that coming. Now I need to go back and watch the current season all over again! :cool:

Joanne - get up here, pronto! :bigsmile:

Sorry folks - my arrival won't be for at least 12 months (unless someone hijacks a TARDIS); it will however probably be just me as D feels he will have to remain here for his parents. Guess that means SF parties!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

Posted By: project37I Googled the actress and um, let's just say that she's usually not quite Helena Bonham Carter! (ahem):shocked:

Uh-oh. Now I'll have to look her up.

ETA: And now that I have looked her up, I'm not sure why you said that, project37... ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wHnEAOG93k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-i2JXFcVvI&feature=related

Hey, Monster, wanna make that just a TEENSY bit smaller? It whacked out my whole display for this thread. Please?

Posted By: PeggyC
ETA: And now that I have looked her up, I'm not sure why you said that, project37... ?

I did a Google image search and she seemed to be a less, um, "inhibited" than HBC (at least in the first few pictures that turned up).

(just saw Monster's video links as well - < george takei> Oh my... < /george takei> )

Anyway, can't believe that the mid-season finale is already here. I think that they made the right move by splitting up the writing and giving themselves time to refine the stories. Other than the pirate episode, every one has been a solid hit for me.

Roll on Torchwood!

On a random note for any fans perusing this thread, I have a bunch of classic DW on VHS that I no longer want. Say the word and they're yours. I've got:

The Daleks (Remembrance of the Daleks and The Chase - 2 tapes)
Spearhead From Space
The Time Monster
The Curse of Peladon
The Brain of Morbius
The Robots of Death
Shada
Summoned By Shadows/More Than A Messiah (The Stranger - a weird alt-Dr. Who starring Colin Baker and Nicola Bryant)

hah! Someone else who's got The Stranger series!!!:clap::clap::clap::thumbup:

Posted By: project37I did a Google image search and she seemed to be a less, um, "inhibited" than HBC (at least in the first few pictures that turned up).

I see what you mean, based on the photos. Then I started coming across stories that said she was seriously considering a reduction surgery for her 32FF chest.

:shocked:

Posted By: PeggyCI see what you mean, based on the photos. Then I started coming across stories that said she was seriously considering a reduction surgery for her 32FF chest.

Please say you are making that up

I'm not. Seriously. I refuse to post links, but there were multiple stories saying the same thing, so I kinda believe it. Well, especially after seeing some of her photos. :shocked:

Eek.

Posted By: PeggyCI'm not. Seriously. I refuse to post links, but there were multiple stories saying the same thing, so I kinda believe it. Well, especially after seeing some of her photos.

I was surprised, because her costume in the episode was really demure. Guess that takes the standard "The TARDIS is much bigger on the inside" observation to a new level... :wink: (ahem)

Anyway, there's a fancy new mini-prequel and trailer for the finale ("A Good Man Goes To War") released by the BBC. Steven Moffatt said that this is the episode that finally explains who River Song really is...

OH, boy. I've been wanting to know about River for awhile. As for the TARDIS..... SNORT!!!!!!

What to do when you're with someone who refuses to watch trailers and prequels because 'they ruin the story'?????????????????????????? He just doesn't get that that's the way things are written these days and it's PART of the storyline!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His whole family has no sense of anticipation - must have been genetically removed and replaced with an outrgeous helping of congenital boredom.

HELP ME, I'M DYING HERE! Don't think I can live this season by his rules...........................

Wait until he goes to bed or to work, then fire up the computer and watch all you want. Just make sure you don't give anything away. :wink:

I used to do that, but this season I promised to be good. It's so bloody unfair!! (Plus the computer may be dying - or some vital part of it at least. Something keeps seizing up, I swear you can get faster dial-up some days! He says he's replacing 'it' in July but I'm not sure if he means the system or just a part or an application or 5)

aaaaaaggggghhhhhhh - my typing!!!!!!!

Um, why are you promising to "be good" when it's so blatantly unfair? You're not being good; you're acquiescing in an unreasonable demand. Let him do what he wants. You do what you want. You aren't threatening to interfere with his enjoyment, and he should not be interfering with yours.

About the computer: That sucks. :sad:

Put on the scarf and watch the trailers. Tawanda.

:rolling:
You just made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gd I love my MOL friends!!!!!

(Dr Who/Torchwood is a shared passion - one of the few we seem to have left, apart from over-indulgence in food. I'm scared to endanger it (not the food, the Dr Who/Torchwood!). I may have to succumb however. I'll see how this weekend pans out)

How good are you at keeping secrets? :devil:

what's the classic MOL comment about coffee and keyboards?? :wink:

Just saw the finale and, um, wow. Talk about a cliffhanger!

The Doctor will be back in "Let's Kill Hitler": Autumn 2011!

OMG THAT WAS THE BEST EVER! And I totally called that.

Holy cow, what a finale. Cliffhangers all around... poor Rory, flying around in the Tardis on his own with the "wrong" Doctor!

After the whole disappointing 'flesh' thing, I was prepared for another letdown. But, no! Awesome finale!!

This Doctor isn't my favorite, but I *love* his relationship with River.

The dvr didn't record it! CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.