Doctor Who (2016) - Meet Bill

News is breaking that Elisabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane Smith - companion to the 3rd, 4th, 10th, and even 11th Doctors, plus star of her own series) has passed away from cancer at age 63.

RIP, Sarah Jane. :sad:

Oh my gosh. That's awful. I remember seeing her in at least two of those incarnations. :sad:

didn't think she looked well the last couple of times we saw here, and wasn't there a reference to her not coming back last time?

How sad for her family, and fans. What a body of work to preserve her memory. (Remember there was the whole Sarah Jane spin-off line, due to her strong performance)

http://blogs.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2011/04/19/elisabeth-sladen-sarah-jane-from-doctor-who-has-died-at-63/

That was the season opener?!? That seemed more like a mid-season two-parter or even a finale. I was knocked out and intrigued to see a certain set return from last season...

Too many commercial breaks!

Ah... glad I DVR'd it. I can fast-forward through the commercials now. :devil:

Here's a cool timeline of the relationship between the Doctor and River Song. Edward Tufte would be proud.

Spoilers up to "Day of the Moon":

River Song and The Doctor

I noticed that the new episodes are showing up the next day on BBC America On Demand in HD and commercial-free. Worth the wait if you're so inclined.

Well, it would be great if I could read it on this small screen (using an unfamiliar computer...)

:wink:

Project37, that just made my head hurt.

I felt so bad for River in the last episode when she kissed the Dr and he they had never kissed before...

So the question no one is speculating on...who's the new little time lord? And who's baby it is? The Dr. and River?

Posted By: growlerSo the question no one is speculating on...who's the new little time lord? And who's baby it is? The Dr. and River?

That certainly is the $50,000 question. I'm going back to watch the first two episodes of the season again to see if I missed something. I have a feeling I missed all kinds of things, not just this!!!

Another question that shows how sporadically I've watched Dr. Who in recent years (although I intend to make up for that now): Who is the "good man" River Song killed? How did she get into the prison in the first place? Or don't we know? I love her character, and I've always loved that actress, since her ER days. I'd hate to see her leave, but it seems inevitable.

the good man was/is the Doctor, from my understanding.

the debate...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2011/may/04/is-doctor-who-too-scary

The new time lord is Amy's baby. She told the Dr. she was pregnant, and my guess is she doesn't remember having the baby b/c she had it while she was with the aliens, and they wipe your memory. So anything that happened with them she wouldn't remember. When she went into the little girls room, Amy was in the picture holding a baby. Plus at the end of the third episode, Amy was joking with the doctor about being pregnant while time traveling and the baby coming out with a "time head".

I do believe you are wrong about the Doctor being the father of Amy's baby, which would be the only way her baby could be a Time Lord of any sort.

Posted By: GMCaesarthe debate...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2011/may/04/is-doctor-who-too-scary

My 8 yo LOVES Dr. Who. And I wouldn't stop her from watching in the world.

...however if clone Rory is the dad (as makes total sense), then it may also follow that the baby may have time-travel abilities...

Rory can't be the dad. The kid was regenerating. Only a time lord can do that. Unless clone Rory is half time lord and doesn't know it.

I think her baby is a timelord from her being pregnant while time traveling, I don't think the Doctor is the father.

Posted By: Monsterthe good man was/is the Doctor, from my understanding.

I was thinking that, too, but I have no idea. So, is it River Song in the spacesuit, but a River Song from another time? Or have we averted the killing in 2011 of the Doctor as his 200-years-older self?

I even wondered if Amy herself is somehow a timelord. Perhaps it's Amy as her younger self that we see regenerating?

I also wondered whether it's a childhood Amy in the spacesuit. When she shot at the spacesuit with the little girl in it, she clutched herself and cried out. it might have been a paradox created by her engaging with a different self from another time. And the spacesuit contains someone the doctor knows, since he said "Oh, it's you" when the visor opened. And Amy has weird experiences going back to her childhood with the crack in her bedroom wall and the Doctor visiting her as her "imaginary friend."

There's a lot about Amy that is open to interesting revelations, in my imagination. :wink:

Anybody else notice when the Doctor was looking at the monitor at the end of the episode and it was showing something about Amy, alternating between "positive" and "negative"? Her pregnancy appeared to be on again, off again in the episode. Something might be fluctuating, pending the outcome of timelines that haven't played out yet.

I am not married to any of my theories, by the way. Just having fun speculating.

What is it that Amy still has to tell the Doctor? And what must she NOT tell him? There are a few different possibilities there, and I don't think they are covered by her telling him she's pregnant and NOT telling him that she's met his future self and saw him die. There's something else lurking there.

I guess no one likes my theory of Amy birthing a timelord lol

No, I do kind of like it, only I can't figure out the possible father. The Doctor doesn't make sense to me, especially since the whole concept of sex seems to make him unbearably nervous whenever it's come up. He always has seemed uncomfortable with the idea of any closer relationship with Amy. And I doubt Rory the Roman could father a timelord.

But that brings us to the question of HOW a timelord is created. What makes a timelord? Could a normal baby be turned into a timelord in the womb by Amy's experiences?

Who was the Doctor's companion that opened the inner workings of the Tardis and was radically changed by that?

Thats exactly what I'm thinking! Amy was pregnant already when she was traveling, and the act of traveling turned her normal human fetus into a timelord! The father is Rory.

Thats my only theory, everything else, I have no idea. :bigsmile:

In my defense, I don't believe I've seen the ep yet. We've seen some stuff on dvd, but not of this series (I don't think - Australia is stuffing up the way we're screening them, and this household is viewing according to UK downloads but only when we have the entire series ).

With the old Drs, someone had fiddled with things and got 'abilities' through the TARDIS' innards. Romana had to study for her 'Time Lord'-ness; she commented on her apprenticeship and also on the courses fo study. However Amy has done a mind-meld thingy or blood/energy swap with her Dr and so they share some abiltiies and knowledge. They've commented on that.

I do recall somewhere, someone once commenting (was it an Ood? [sp]) that the Dr would be reborn as well as regenerated and there was speculation that this was to get around the limitations of the number of incarnations/actors the series could have.

Posted By: joanneHowever Amy has done a mind-meld thingy or blood/energy swap with her Dr and so they share some abiltiies and knowledge. They've commented on that.

Ah-HAH! Hey, wouldn't it be fun to have a female Doctor for a change? That could be where they are heading with this. Wow.

Didn't Amy use some part of the Tardis/Dr. last season with the Daleks to regenerate herself to then kick their ass?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!