Doctor Who (2016) - Meet Bill

yep, borrowed from Dr to kickstart TARDIS and confound Daleks; thereby using TARDIS to kickstart Dr (also thereby kickstarting her - really circular argument) and he then commented on how there was a bit of him in her and a bit of her in him, 'oh look a female Dr' then rushed on with something else...

There have been other female Time Lords in their own rights, both good and bad. Also, we know that 'our' Dr has had children, as they've been referenced a few times throughout the entire series - and he did in fact start with a genuine grand-daughter. He also had a clone daughter (who loved running - remember?)

There's a Dr Who/TARDIS wiki that we check in with every so often (think we got the reference from Project 37) and there was Outpost Gallifrey 1 although that is now closed. Some of the speculation they spin is quite ... fun? weird? bizarre? alternative...

I haven't watched consistently enough to be up on all the developments... I never managed to remember when the show was on! But the DVR has resolved that little problem. :wink:

I might have to hit Hulu and watch all of last season to get somewhat caught up.

(of course when I say 'clone' Rory I mean cyborg-ish (auton) Rory)....

I vaguely remember that when Amy regenerated, the Dr indicated he knew she was pregnant. And the wordplay of 'a bit of him in her' left one wondering if 'that bit' had helped form the child/affected the child...the kind of thinking they want to make our brains hurt!!!

FWIW, the writers have made it very clear in external interviews etc that River is not an older/alternative-timeline Amy, nor the Dr's mother. Also, that we will get the answers eventually.

Posted By: joannenor the Dr's mother
Ewwwwwwwwww. That never occurred to me, and smacks of incest, given their banter!

If there is a "bit of him in her," how do we know any child might not be the Doctor's? Dang, that would complicate Amy and Rory's already somewhat fragile marriage. Phooey. I like Rory, and I don't like seeing him hurt, poor little centurion. :wink:

We currently don't, however .... :devil::shocked::devil:

Posted By: joanneWe currently don't, however ....

Huh? Did I miss something?

I meant, know for absolute-certain in the current timeline.

On episode 3, what was that part where that woman opened up a window and said something...it was really quick, and totally didn't have anything to do with anything.

that is Amelia Pond from the future.

Thanks Monster, I'm going to have to go back and watch last season again, because I think I'm missing something lol.

I notice the Doctor is still watching the Pond-Preg-Ometer, which is bouncing back and forth between "positive" and "negative." Very interesting.

Okay, Neil Gaiman + Doctor Who = :cool:

That was just awesome. Loving the darker direction - like a Tim Burton story gone insane.

Am so not allowed to watch this ...............

Have discovered cousins we didn't know we had in Canada - who are major Dr Who and Torchwood fans. See, it's in our blood!! :wink:

The Doctor's Wife was a really intriguing episode. How much do I love it that the Doctor is in love with the soul of the Tardis (or at least really turned on by it)???

Oh, and Project37, I think the actress who played the Tardis was channelling Helena Bonham Carter, which can't be an accident. :wink:

I do believe that Tom Baker, or Peter Davison explained in one of his episodes that the TARDIS is linked to the Dr via heart and mind connections, and possibly Eccleston explained it had to be so, so they could find each other anywhere in time or space...think they were both throwawy lines to get over awkward plot knots.

Kind of funny, when you know that he basically kidnapped this Tardis. Then again, according to "her," she WANTED to be kidnapped! :rolling: It partially explains the rather odd relationships he has with other women.

so - how much does this play into the so-called 'rape fantasy' early male SF writers built into their female characters? TARDIS was always envisaged as a female counterpoint to Dr's male-ness. (Oh, there are whole treatises one could write on this topic!!! - then contrast with Ship Who Sang)

Oddly, the Doctor has never struck me as all that "male," come to think of it. Rather androgynous, really. At least, until now. Now I realize he has a thing for a Police Box. :crazy:

Torchwood: Miracle Day

And again, I'm forbidden to watch........just twin me with Sharon. SO UNFAIR!!!!!!!!!! (Monster, can I move in with you??)

Forbidden? Please explain...

sigh.
We're downloading the entire series and I'm not allowed to catch up on any spoilers or trailers because that will ruin the imminent watching experience. In the past I've got away with it, because 'imminence' is several months away; apparently we're close to marathon day (have no idea how), and he's monitoring my computer use...:rolling:

Monster, I'm trying to get a passport & visa!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: joanneMonster, I'm trying to get a passport & visa!!!!!!!!!!

I think there will be partying in the streets here for you.

I just read that due to Memorial Day the second part of Rebel Flesh will be put off a week for those who actually watch the Doctor on BBCAmerica.

screw that, I'll download it.

So do I, just warning others. I"ll be watching Saturday at 6pm like always.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.