How far will Trump go? Child Abuse Edition.

I guess I could point out that "liberalitius" is the latin word for "freely" and really doesn't make sense in either of the sentences in which it was used. I think alex was going for liberalitis, which would be an inflammation of the liberal - perhaps related to a gluten-free kale smoothie detox diet or some such conservative stereotype. But I won't, 'cause he's profoundly dull as it is, and this knowledge would only make him worse.

Your points have merit- a bit simplistic as we all know that money drives the parties- not sincerity of purpose.  All those great programs are now wrapped up in un-payable debts, and many unions negotiated jobs away from their members all the while their leadership lived on the hog.  There is no sole claim to defending the working man- only shared responsibility in his declining state.  My view, however, is that Trump spoke to this in  terms and at a time when his opposition was revealed monetizing their past "defending the working man" histories.  If the Democrats were once a party of the people, they ran seriously off course and became the party of Clinton... an now, like it or not, we all have to live with the Party of Trump and whatever that brings for the next generation.  To resist and refuse to accept what is now developing is one path to follow- to ignore the abuses which brought these changes about only serves to fuel the engine that amplifies the changes which are to come.  This thing is only getting started.   

Aside from that, the Al and Kipper kiss will go down in history as one of the creepiest and weird acts ever produced on a political stage.  

ridski said:
I guess I could point out that "liberalitius" is the latin word for "freely" and really doesn't make sense in either of the sentences in which it was used. I think alex was going for liberalitis, which would be an inflammation of the liberal - perhaps related to a gluten-free kale smoothie detox diet or some such conservative stereotype. But I won't, 'cause he's profoundly dull as it is, and this knowledge would only make him worse.

Almost, but wrong.  Its a combination of liberal and delicious.  The true latin translation of Freely is Liberaliter- not the intended.  The "itis correctly" relates the organic matter swelling and decay that can be evidenced in some of the more advanced cases of Liberalitius.   So as to not confuse or make it too complicated for you to understand, a simple explanation is that they are different.  

Alex,

Trump may have spoken to the decline of the working class but only with demagoguery rather than offering rationale solutions. High tariffs and low immigration are not long-term solutions or, really, even short-term solutions.

And what the Party of Trump is bringing includes a large measure of antagonism toward racial minorities and possibly restrictions on the freedom of women. Those groups cannot accept that and will be compelled to resist as will those who have a different view of what this Country should be.

Thank you for engaging civilly and thoughtfully, even if I disagree.

LOST said:
Alex,
Trump may have spoken to the decline of the working class but only with demagoguery rather than offering rationale solutions. High tariffs and low immigration are not long-term solutions or, really, even short-term solutions.
And what the Party of Trump is bringing includes a large measure of antagonism toward racial minorities and possibly restrictions on the freedom of women. Those groups cannot accept that and will be compelled to resist as will those who have a different view of what this Country should be.

Thank you for engaging civilly and thoughtfully, even if I disagree.

It is what it is.  Battles are sacrifices in winning a war. The solutions he presented are those he is implementing and so much for wishing things were different.  I didn't agree with BO's policies, and ultimately Trump became his legacy.  I accepted things as they were- wasn't easy and I rebelled a bit as well.  However, things are very different now.  The message right now goes something like:  

“It's healthy to say uncle when your bone's about to break.” 
― Jonathan FranzenHow to Be Alone

alex4855 said:

It is what it is.  Battles are sacrifices in winning a war. The solutions he presented are those he is implementing and so much for wishing things were different.  I didn't agree with BO's policies, and ultimately Trump became his legacy.  I accepted things as they were- wasn't easy and I rebelled a bit as well.  However, things are very different now.  The message right now goes something like:  

The most cynical post I've read in a long time.

Trump is not Obama’s legacy. Obama was America’s attempt at realizing a version of its best self.  Trump, his enablers and his apologists represent America failing miserably at that task. 

flimbro said:
Trump is not Obama’s legacy. Obama was America’s attempt at realizing a version of its best self.  Trump, his enablers and his apologists represent America failing miserably at that task. 

It's really just party-line votes. Republicans overwhelmingly voted for Trump, and continue to support him. Democrats voted for Hillary, but turnout wasn't as good as it should have been because of a lack of enthusiasm. Republicans would not vote for Hillary because they thought she was a demon despite the fact she was pretty much what used to be called a moderate Republican.

dave23 said:

flimbro said:
It's really just party-line votes. Republicans overwhelmingly voted for Trump, and continue to support him. Democrats voted for Hillary, but turnout wasn't as good as it should have been because of a lack of enthusiasm. Republicans would not vote for Hillary because they thought she was a demon despite the fact she was pretty much what used to be called a moderate Republican.

amazing. close the door.

dave23 said:

alex4855 said:
 The most cynical post I've read in a long time.

Sorry, more of the same all over.

dave23 said:

flimbro said:

Lack of enthusiasm equates to lousy candidate- no message while leading her sheep to slaughter.  Obama's imprint on the party was to lose more elections that any Dem before him, while creating the conditions for a spectacular Trump victory.   

alex4855 said:

dave23 said:

flimbro said:
Lack of enthusiasm equates to lousy candidate- no message while leading her sheep to slaughter.  Obama's imprint on the party was to lose more elections that any Dem before him, while creating the conditions for a spectacular Trump victory.   

Bullsiht

America created the conditions for a Trump victory. Obama was a brief detour on a road that has long championed the rights of the rich over the poor, the male over the female and white over everything else. We are simply returning to form. 

alex4855 said:
...Obama's imprint on the party was to lose more elections that any Dem before him, while creating the conditions for a spectacular Trump victory.   
Flimbro replied:  Bullsiht
America created the conditions for a Trump victory. Obama was a brief detour on a road that has long championed the rights of the rich over the poor, the male over the female and white over everything else. We are simply returning to form. 

BINGO!

nakaille said:

alex4855 said:
...Obama's imprint on the party was to lose more elections that any Dem before him, while creating the conditions for a spectacular Trump victory.   

BINGO!

Choose your poison.  Nothing but paranoid venting with no solutions. Textbook repeater.

" Under Capitalism, man exploits man.  Under Communism, its just the opposite."

alex4855 said:

Agreed on the lousy candidate, wrong on the "conditions" (except for his being black, which he couldn't do anything about).

The conditions meaning the accumulated mid term defeats that provided a sustainable launch for Trumps aspirations.

alex4855 said:
The conditions meaning the accumulated mid term defeats that provided a sustainable launch for Trumps aspirations.

That doesn't mean anything.

alex4855 said:

nakaille said:

alex4855 said:

BINGO!
Choose your poison.  Nothing but paranoid venting with no solutions. Textbook repeater.
" Under Capitalism, man exploits man.  Under Communism, its just the opposite."

Neither does this. Just gibberish. Bot flavored word salad. 

If I may offer a bit of my own political analysis hackery, I think Republicans were ultimately wooed by his intelligence and wit. Bragging about sexual assault and being openly racist and xenophobic was just icing on the cake. He's a perfect distillation of American conservativism. You won, Alex. 

dave23 said:
If I may offer a bit of my own political analysis hackery, I think Republicans were ultimately wooed by his intelligence and wit. Bragging about sexual assault and being openly racist and xenophobic was just icing on the cake. He's a perfect distillation of American conservativism. You won, Alex. 

blah, blah....moldy, boring repeater.  winners find a way- losers an excuse. In six years you may have a shot.

Next Congressional election is in 5 months. Next Presidential election in 2 years and 5 months.

"Making predictions is very hard, especially about the future"

Yogi Berra

Your right.  If you allow me to quote the same source, there's one thing about the current leadership crop of Dems that makes all the difference and puts us into 2024:

If you don't know where you are going, you'll end up someplace else.

How did we end up going from discussing this un-american behavior of the Trump administration breaking up immigrant families, to ******** and moaning about Obama, Hillary, and Democrats in general? Oh yeah, we let the Republican comment

gerritn said:
How did we end up going from discussing this un-american behavior of the Trump administration breaking up immigrant families, to ******** and moaning about Obama, Hillary, and Democrats in general? Oh yeah, we let the Republican comment

Incredible!  Finally exposed- the editor of Juventud Rebelde.  Or, Lois- is that really you?

alex4855 said:

gerritn said:
Incredible!  Finally exposed- the editor of Juventud Rebelde.  Or, Lois- is that really you?

You are right, once the whining about Obama and Clinton and these Liberal Snowflakes doesn't do it, revert to name-calling. I forgot that. Right from the Fox News play-book. Good catch. Thanks!

gerritn said:

alex4855 said:

gerritn said:
You are right, once the whining about Obama and Clinton and these Liberal Snowflakes doesn't do it, revert to name-calling. I forgot that. Right from the Fox News play-book. Good catch. Thanks!

Comrade, please. 

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/7/6/17540684/migrant-child-lice-lawsuit-immigration-separation

One of the children separated from his parents at the US-Mexico border was returned months later with lice, looking as if he hadn’t been bathed in weeks, and with irrevocable changes to his personality, his mother said, according to documents filed in a lawsuit against the Trump administration.
That detail comes from PBS’s Lisa Desjardins reporting for PBS Newshour.The lawsuit, from 17 states and the District of Columbia, calls for an end to Trump’s “zero tolerance” immigration policy and demands the administration reunite all families that were separated at the border.
According to Desjardins, one mother, Olivia Caceres, alleged that she was separated from her son in November at a legal point entry, according to PBS, and wasn’t with him for 12 weeks. When he was returned to her custody, Caceres’s son was infested with lice and appeared as though he had not been bathed for the entirety of their separation, PBS reported.
“[My son] is not the same since we were reunited. I thought that, because he is so young he would not be traumatized by this experience,” Caceres told Desjardins. “But he does not separate from me. He cries when he does not see me. That behavior is not normal.”

alex4855 said:

dave23 said:
blah, blah....moldy, boring repeater.  winners find a way- losers an excuse. In six years you may have a shot.

And you definitely aligned yourself with a winner (blah blah sexual assault... blah blah unprecedented corruption). Definitely your type of guy.

No-one has commented on the report I saw early yesterday (my time, so buried in your Independence Day news) about using DNA from the children and claiming adults to 'trace and unite families'. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44731119

As if that's all DNA samples on such a govt database would ever be used for... 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!