How far will Trump go? Child Abuse Edition.

dave23 said:

ml1 said:

dave23 said:

alex4855 said:

Exactly.  Toddlers learn quickly.  So tell us... how many have you taken in?
 Wait. The government is now giving these kids to families? 
 it's the right wing taunt du jour. 
Yes, I know. I've donated to legal fundraisers for the kids but had not heard that the kids are being placed on foster care.

Kelly said they were being put into "foster care or whatever". He clearly had no clue.

dave23 said:
I do agree that toddlers learn quickly. It's not hard even for them to understand 'don't block the box.'

I've been wrong before, but I don't think it's the same Alex.

drummerboy said:

Kelly said they were being put into "foster care or whatever". He clearly had no clue.

If it's the former, then only existing foster parents would be able to legally take these kids in. I'd put my money on the latter, though.

dave23 said:

drummerboy said:
 If it's the former, then only existing foster parents would be able to legally take these kids in. I'd put my money on the latter, though.

Catholic Foster Care Center, Long Island and many others.  You can call them and get more information.  

LOST said:

alex4855 said:

Perhaps it is more humane to provide them safe transit, as a unified family, to the Canadian border where they can then ask the Canadian officials for asylum..Canada seems willing to take all seekers, and they can handle the vetting.  We can than watch and learn from them.

And in the meantime let's figure the cost of moving the Statute of Liberty to Toronto Harbor. Maybe the Canadians will pay for it.

When did "cost" enter the liberal vocabulary? 

"If President Obama really wants to hurt the Syrian government, don't send cruise missiles. He should end over some of his economic advisers." –Jay Leno

alex4855 said:
"If President Obama really wants to hurt the Syrian government, don't send cruise missiles. He should end over some of his economic advisers." –Jay Leno

If the Arab world enjoyed, since, say, 1945, the average economic growth we saw under the Obama Administration, a lot of things would be very different.  The economy of Israel, for example, would be dwarfed by that of Egypt.

My concern with the Trump economy is that we have essentially taken a person in fairly good shape and put them on a course of steroids.  This won't end well.  I kind of miss the days when the Republicans tried to block Obama initiatives on the grounds that they would increase the debt.

alex4855 said:

Jay Leno. Should've known.

alex4855 said:

dave23 said:

drummerboy said:
 Catholic Foster Care Center, Long Island and many others.  You can call them and get more information.  

It's a federally approved shelter. This goes to my point that I can't shelter these kids. So maybe you'll drop the dumb right-wing meme now.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44661777

So, missing the reunion date; the children can’t communicate with their legal representatives and are basically in court by themselves (no Guardian or Friend with them); in some cases the original countries are unknown... h’m sounds like you’ve learnt from us, really well. LOL

alex4855 said:

LOST said:

alex4855 said:

Perhaps it is more humane to provide them safe transit, as a unified family, to the Canadian border where they can then ask the Canadian officials for asylum..Canada seems willing to take all seekers, and they can handle the vetting.  We can than watch and learn from them.

And in the meantime let's figure the cost of moving the Statute of Liberty to Toronto Harbor. Maybe the Canadians will pay for it.

Funny. perfectly matches with the fact that Dem Presidents reduce deficits, and Republican ones increase them. Like clockwork.

Another fact-less post.

Yeah, just like that!

I don't find your posts fact-less, merely deceptive mis-speak of sorts and very entertaining.

dave23 said:

alex4855 said:

dave23 said:

drummerboy said:
 It's a federally approved shelter. This goes to my point that I can't shelter these kids. So maybe you'll drop the dumb right-wing meme now.

When a child who is not accompanied by a parent or legal guardian is apprehended by immigration authorities, the child is transferred to the care and custody of the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR).  Federal law requires that ORR feed, shelter, and provide medical care for unaccompanied alien children until it is able to release them to safe settings with sponsors (usually family members), while they await immigration proceedings. These sponsors live in many states.

Sponsors are adults who are suitable to provide for the child’s physical and mental well-being and have not engaged in any activity that would indicate a potential risk to the child. All sponsors must pass a background check. The sponsor must agree to ensure the child’s presence at all future immigration proceedings. They also must agree to ensure the minor reports to ICE for removal from the United States if an immigration judge issues a removal order or voluntary departure order. 

A person who bothered might actually be considered..  So tell me, aside from googling the place, how far are you willing to go>  I doubt you'll make the effort while slamming others for calling it like it is.  

@alex4855 To be fair, there are people in this community involved in helping these children. I spoke to someone who I thought could be approved and suggested that if her family would consider fostering, I would help with the finances. As well she told me about several women in our area who are training to become child advocates. She gave me the contact information.

Someone else on this board, who read one of my posts sent me a PM with the names of 2 organizations. This person is working on this as well.

One group had a training program but it was full until next month.

My thought was that there might be a spot for me to volunteer at a center as a licensed teacher who can speak a bit of Spanish.

Apparently there are people on this board who are finding ways to help.

I think we all want to see these children helped as quickly as possible. On this one issue I think we all agree.

A person who bothered might actually be considered..  So tell me, aside from googling the place, how far are you willing to go>  I doubt you'll make the effort while slamming others for calling it like it is.  

As I wrote, contributing funds to help them through their legal nightmare and supporting candidates who oppose it.

But the more these kids suffer, the more your side wins. Be proud. Creating a problem and then attacking those who oppose it for not doing enough is very Trump.

alex4855 said:
Yeah, just like that!
I don't find your posts fact-less, merely deceptive mis-speak of sorts and very entertaining.

yeah - I state facts (like about deficits), and you think they're "deceptive mis-speak".

explains a lot.

dave23 said:

As I wrote, contributing funds to help them through their legal nightmare and supporting candidates who oppose it.
But the more these kids suffer, the more your side wins. Be proud. Creating a problem and then attacking those who oppose it for not doing enough is very Trump.

Evidently

dave23 said:

Right. Now, we leave you to learn more about Kavanaugh- another outstanding pick.

You guys shouldn't be giving the troll what he need, which is attention. That's how we ended up with Trump, remember. Focus your attention on things that make a difference. Arguing with a troll is not very productive.

Morganna said:

I think we all want to see these children helped as quickly as possible. On this one issue I think we all agree.

I wish everyone agreed.

LOST said:

Morganna said:

I wish everyone agreed.

Trump skipped the latest deadline to reunite the families.

dave23 said:

LOST said:

Morganna said:

I wish everyone agreed.
 Trump skipped the latest deadline to reunite the families.

"Skipped" is too nice. There was a Court Order. The Administration has violated it. That puts them in contempt. Let's see if anything will be done about it.

Apparently what will be done is a further extension.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/7/9/17549408/children-separate-order-together-violate-judge

Trump skipping... not an attractive visual.

drummerboy said:

alex4855 said:

Funny. perfectly matches with the fact that Dem Presidents reduce deficits, and Republican ones increase them. Like clockwork.
Another fact-less post.

This is a fact-less post when you consider congress authorizes budgets, taxes and spending. 

lord_pabulum said:

drummerboy said:

Another fact-less post.
This is a fact-less post when you consider congress authorizes budgets, taxes and spending. 

Very true. But when one party holds the legislative and executive branches, it's a good glimpse into their true, rather than stated, values.

The President sends Congress his proposed budget.

dave23 said:

lord_pabulum said:

drummerboy said:

Another fact-less post.
 Very true. But when one party holds the legislative and executive branches, it's a good glimpse into their true, rather than stated, values.

Rarely is the budget about values.  It's more about interests.

dave23 said:

lord_pabulum said:

drummerboy said:

Another fact-less post.

That certainly was made apparent.

Its we don't give a damn about deficits when we can enrich corporations and the 1%.

alex4855 said:

Rarely is the budget about values.  It's more about interests.

A distinction without a difference in the world of politics, imo.

lord_pabulum said:

drummerboy said:

alex4855 said:

Another fact-less post.

My post matches up with reality.

What does yours match to?

drummerboy said:

lord_pabulum said:

drummerboy said:

alex4855 said:

Another fact-less post.
My post matches up with reality.
What does yours match to?

Real reality as opposed to your reality.  

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Rentals

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!