Inconsequential Chat

Very much doubt it smile The civil engineers/townplanners behind the retrofit couldn’t even predict the volume of sound let alone how often or how long people would hear it! (There’s no mention of any effects on wildlife or pets, which surprises me. I would have thought an EIS would have to be submitted before the work could proceed)

Remember, every time westerly breezes cross these railings that ‘hum’ will ring out. How often do you think there’s a westerly breeze in that area?? (Winds swirl around our bay, bounce the surrounding hills and draw back down the river valleys to the beaches here every day. We wouldn’t get a day’s peace)

Hey, @marksierra, d’ya reckon if I mixed flaked tuna or salmon with ground (minced) chicken, I’d get the equivalent of ‘snow chook’??? smile And should I shape it into a bird-shaped meatloaf??

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-10/penguin-off-the-menu-for-antarctica-mid-winter-feasts/12336280

joanne said:

Hey, @marksierra, d’ya reckon if I mixed flaked tuna or salmon with ground (minced) chicken, I’d get the equivalent of ‘snow chook’???
smile
And should I shape it into a bird-shaped meatloaf??

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-10/penguin-off-the-menu-for-antarctica-mid-winter-feasts/12336280

I saw that!  I'd think you'd want to go for the stronger-tasting fish.  That would be the tuna rather than the salmon.

Bird-shaped meatloaf?  I don't think your dinner guests would necessarily notice it if it was surrounded by the other ingredients that make up the dish.

I think I’ll use fancy tofu, mashed potato and veg, and  just call it ‘snow chook’!!  oh oh

joanne said:

I think I’ll use fancy tofu, mashed potato and veg, and  just call it ‘snow chook’!! 
oh oh

That'll do nicely.

I have absolute admiration for the dancers who can do this.

Me?  I'm so unfit that I even get cramps in the thigh when I kneel down.  LOL

Amazing!  I have the utmost respect for dancers of any sort, as I closely resemble a crippled hippo if I try it.

In our zoom Feldenkrais class yesterday, we were practising micromovements getting from sitting back in a chair to kneeling with one knee/one hand on floor/one hand reaching  and then reversing so we could ‘flow’ back up into the chair. Working this on both left and right sides. 
Of course, I developed a cramp in my left calf as we worked the left side! Our teacher pointed out this means I really need more practise with these movements. *thinking emoji*

We’re being ‘encouraged’ to practise our sit-to-stand movement and also, from floor to standing movement.  I’m now just going to imagine a bottle on my head cheese

There's a fine line between a numerator and a denominator.

Only a fraction of people will find this funny.

That’s quite a divisive comment, marksierra, esp for a Friday night!  grrr

How's this for inventiveness and creativity?

Park benches in Bulgaria...

marksierra said:

How's this for inventiveness and creativity?

Park benches in Bulgaria...

cheese I’ve sent this to a certain student of information studies (ie all things libraries and archives); a couple of his lecturers need distracting  smile

Not guilty, Your Honour!

I've not never, hardly, done it.
Hang on.  They're not talking about reading for pleasure while, at the same time, studying a school text?

I think I might have to change my plea.

I used to keep an Upstairs book (for reading in bed) and a Downstairs book (for reading at the table, when Dad wasn't there to tell me not to) going all the time.  Guess I should have a big scarlet R on my dress!

Oh wait.....that would just mean I went to Rutgers.....

It’s a rite of passage to buy your first pair of Blunnies - you’ll never wear them out, but you might want a second pair for a new look cheese

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-18/blundstone-boots-150-year-anniversary/12366284

I had a pair of Australian T-Boots which I finally wore out last year, after wearing them for nearly 25 years.  The leather uppers were still okay.  It was just the sole which gave way.

I offered to return them to the company so they could see how they'd worn, but they didn't seem too interested.

Couldn’t you resole them??

Did they (the boots) help you dance like Dein??

I couldn't resole them.  By the time I'd discovered the problem, water had got into the undersole area.

Dance like Dein?  More like a hippo, perhaps.

Interesting, though, the Boots website I linked to claims that Dein's troupe uses their boots.

Yet, when you go on to the Troupe's website, you find they have a link to Blunnies.   I suspect that some sponsorship largesse has changed hands.

Now do one for coffees and another for beers??

joanne said:

Now do one for coffees and another for beers??

Seek, and ye shall .. whatever ...  smile

Coffee & Beer

UFO?

Not really. 

Flip the image (or your screen) to see it more clearly.

The ancient Greeks were terrible at loading the dishwasher...

A view from inside the Umpherston Sinkhole in the South Australian city of Mount Gambier.

Photo credit: South Australian photographer Phil Ackland

Further credit: The photo was featured recently on the (Australian) ABC Radio Adelaide Facebook site

Is that looking up from inside the well, or looking down at the reflection?

joanne said:

Is that looking up from inside the well, or looking down at the reflection?

It's a view taken looking up.

Here's another view - this time from ground level - the shot taken by a person replying to the original ABC Radio Adelaide post:

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.