Julian Assange Being Turned over to UK????

nan said:
There are conflicting reports.  But, I heard an interview with one of his lawyers and she said they are worried and they are treating this like an emergency.  She was flying into London.  So, it's wait and see.

The "conflicting reports" are from Wikileaks and the government of Ecuador.  If Ecuador is stupid enough to lie, they'll have to deal with the consequences.  Wikileaks doesn't have to worry about things like that.  BTW, since this thread was started we're on Day 259 of "Julian's getting evicted".

paulsurovell said:

nan said:
BREAKING: Assange ‘Will Be’ Arrested in ‘Hours to Days,’ WikiLeaks Says
WikiLeaks has quoted a “high-level” Ecuadorian government source as saying that Julian Assange could be imminently expelled from Ecuador’s London embassy and that Quito has an agreement with the UK to arrest him.
 This is an outrage.

Save some outrage for next week, in case Assange remains unexpelled and WikiLeaks and Consortium News don’t apologize for their reports.

(Alternatively, you could start working on a post that examines the indefinite nature of the term “days” and/or how the reports were accurate until public pressure forced the powers-that-be to reverse course.)

nohero said:
The "conflicting reports" are from Wikileaks and the government of Ecuador.  If Ecuador is stupid enough to lie, they'll have to deal with the consequences.  Wikileaks doesn't have to worry about things like that.  BTW, since this thread was started we're on Day 259 of "Julian's getting evicted".

Must be nice to live in a world where governments don't lie.  

Must be torture to live in a world where you are suspicious of everything.

nan said:

nohero said:
 Must be nice to live in a world where governments don't lie.  

That's a rude reply on your part.  Sorry if I wrote a post that got you flummoxed about not being able to counter it.

nohero said:
That's a rude reply on your part.  Sorry if I wrote a post that got you flummoxed about not being able to counter it.

I think you live in fantasyland, but there is nothing to counter.  Your remark expresses your opinion that Julian Assange's safety is nothing for Wikileaks to worry about because he's been in the embassy a long time.  Also, that you don't think Ecuador would lie.  I'm just leaving those statements alone for the world to see and evaluate.  

nan said:
 I think you live in fantasyland, but there is nothing to counter.  Your remark expresses your opinion that Julian Assange's safety is nothing for Wikileaks to worry about because he's been in the embassy a long time.  Also, that you don't think Ecuador would lie.  I'm just leaving those statements alone for the world to see and evaluate.  

I didn't write that I "don't think Ecuador would lie", I wrote that if they were "stupid enough to lie, they'll have to deal with the consequences", unlike Wikileaks.  You and Paul keep misrepresenting what I and others write, and then respond as if that's what we wrote.  It's tiresome, and probably chases people away from these discussions.

nohero said:
 I didn't write that I "don't think Ecuador would lie", I wrote that if they were "stupid enough to lie, they'll have to deal with the consequences", unlike Wikileaks.  You and Paul keep misrepresenting what I and others write, and then respond as if that's what we wrote.  It's tiresome, and probably chases people away from these discussions.

What's tiresome is how you don't own up to what you say to weasel out of responsibility.  The phrase "If Ecuador were stupid enough to lie they. . "  can be understandably summarized as "I don't think Ecuador would lie" without the subjunctive mood.   Unless you actually think Ecuador is stupid I got that right.

Nan, please pay attention.

Thank you.

nan said:

nohero said:
 What's tiresome is how you don't own up to what you say to weasel out of responsibility.  The phrase "If Ecuador were stupid enough to lie they. . "  can be understandably summarized as "I don't think Ecuador would lie" without the subjunctive mood.   Unless you actually think Ecuador is stupid I got that right.

Q.E.D.

Julian,

Are you getting all of this and encrypting it?

DaveSchmidt said:
Save some outrage for next week, in case Assange remains unexpelled and WikiLeaks and Consortium News don’t apologize for their reports.
(Alternatively, you could start working on a post that examines the indefinite nature of the term “days” and/or how the reports were accurate until public pressure forced the powers-that-be to reverse course.)

According to the radio this morning, turns out Julian did wear out his welcome.

He was asked to remove himself from his place of residence.

I’m guessing either nan is still sleeping, or waiting for Jimmy Dore to put out a video she can post.

nohero said:
According to the radio this morning, turns out Julian did wear out his welcome.
He was asked to remove himself from his place of residence.

Have to wonder if Murray the Cop made the arrest.

Also have to wonder if the nice folks in the embassy gave Julian a big bowl of Cheerios for breakfast.

Turns out Ecuador lied and Wikileaks was telling the truth.  Julian Assange was dragged out of the Embassy this morning.  https://twitter.com/barnabynerberka/status/1116275982518898688

Very sad day for freedom of the press. Ecuador has violated international law by withdrawing his asylum.

Caitlan Johnson said this: 

This is a grave threat to press freedoms around the world. Anyone who can't see this has been brainwashed and made stupid by mass media propaganda. Educate yourselves or remain ignorant at your own peril.

https://twitter.com/caitoz/status/1116289832060211200

Hardly a grave threat.  But thanks for that rant.

The gravest threat to the press is people thinking that Jimmy Dore and his ilk are journalists.   

WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange 'Dragged Out' of Ecuadorian Embassy, Arrested By UK Police

"Julian Assange did not 'walk out of the embassy.' The Ecuadorian ambassador invited British police into the embassy and he was immediately arrested," WikiLeaks wrote on Twitter

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange was forcibly removed from the Ecuadorian embassy in London and arrested by British police Thursday morning.

Assange did not leave of his own free will and could be heard shouting 'U.K. must resist, you can resist!' as he was dragged out of the Ecuadorian embassy," Gizmodoreported.
Journalist John Pilger added, "The action of the British police in literally dragging Julian Assange from the Ecuadorean embassy and the smashing of international law by the Ecuadorean regime in permitting this barbarity are crimes against the most basic natural justice. This is a warning to all journalists."

https://bit.ly/2GhYfLa

Julian was a simple country boy. You might say a cockeyed optimist, who got himself mixed up in the high stakes game of world diplomacy and international intrigue.

dave said:
 Julian was a simple country boy. You might say a cockeyed optimist, who got himself mixed up in the high stakes game of world diplomacy and international intrigue.

Yes, and also the NYT, WaPo, CNN, MSNBC (the entire media) who re-published Julian's publications. Lock them up!

The indictment of Assange relates to Chelsea Manning's exposes of US war crimes in Iraq.

Not one word about Russia.

DaveSchmidt said:

paulsurovell said:

nan said:
BREAKING: Assange ‘Will Be’ Arrested in ‘Hours to Days,’ WikiLeaks Says
WikiLeaks has quoted a “high-level” Ecuadorian government source as saying that Julian Assange could be imminently expelled from Ecuador’s London embassy and that Quito has an agreement with the UK to arrest him.
 This is an outrage.

nohero said:

nan said:
There are conflicting reports.  But, I heard an interview with one of his lawyers and she said they are worried and they are treating this like an emergency.  She was flying into London.  So, it's wait and see.

South_Mountaineer said:

DaveSchmidt said:

sbenois said:
Must be torture to live in a world where you are suspicious of everything.

Assange faces 5 years in jail and would likely be out on parole before that (that's if he's even convicted).  Wonder if the 7 years of self-confinement was worth it?   Of course he'll have to face whatever sentence the UK will hand down for skipping out on bail first.... (up to 12 months)

Better call Saul!

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:

nan said:
The "conflicting reports" are from Wikileaks and the government of Ecuador.  If Ecuador is stupid enough to lie, they'll have to deal with the consequences.  

So we'll see what the consequences are. 

paulsurovell said:

DaveSchmidt said:

paulsurovell said:

This is an outrage.

Looks like it’s all clear now for an outrage spree. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.