Julian Assange Being Turned over to UK????

dave said:
Assange faces 5 years in jail and would likely be out on parole before that (that's if he's even convicted).  Wonder if the 7 years of self-confinement was worth it?   Of course he'll have to face whatever sentence the UK will hand down for skipping out on bail first.... (up to 12 months)
Better call Saul!

Actually he will be able to get better medical care under US custody and his impending trial will spur a movement around press freedom and our right to know what the US did in Iraq.

DaveSchmidt said:

paulsurovell said:

DaveSchmidt said:

paulsurovell said:

This is an outrage.
Save some outrage for next week, in case Assange remains unexpelled and WikiLeaks and Consortium News don’t apologize for their reports.
Looks like it’s all clear now for an outrage spree. 

And for chirping crickets on an assault on freedom of the press.

The case for Julian Assange:

paulsurovell said:

Other than a few stray cameos, I’ve been chirping away from this subforum for a while now. Ah, well.

DaveSchmidt said:

paulsurovell said:

Other than a few stray cameos, I’ve been chirping away from this subforum for a while now. Ah, well.

Chirping on Freedom of the Press?

paulsurovell said:
 Actually he will be able to get better medical care under US custody and his impending trial will spur a movement around press freedom and our right to know what the US did in Iraq.

Will Trump pardon him?

Britain has guaranteed to Ecuador that WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange will not be extradited to a country that has the death penalty, Ecuadorean President Lenin Moreno said on Thursday after Assange was arrested in London.

“In line with our strong commitment to human rights and international law, I requested Great Britain to guarantee that Mr Assange would not be extradited to a country where he could face torture or the death penalty,” Moreno said in a video posted on Twitter.

“The British government has confirmed it in writing, in accordance with its own rules.”

Link.

paulsurovell said:

Chirping on Freedom of the Press?

I take it that you and nan are among those who believe the press should be free to conspire to break federal law in order to publish information in the public interest, and therefore should be shielded from indictments like this one. Go ahead and make that case.

nohero said:
According to the radio this morning, turns out Julian did wear out his welcome.
He was asked to remove himself from his place of residence.

Non will no doubt have something to say about 'from whom that request came'.  

sbenois said:
Gloria

Deep down, he knew she was right.

nohero said:
 Deep down, he knew she was right.

but he also knew that one day, he would return to her.

Tulsi Gabbard tweeted in support of Julian Assange.  Let's see how many other 2020 candidates do the same.

https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/1116446982342529024

The arrest of is meant to send a message to all Americans and journalists: be quiet, behave, toe the line. Or you will pay the price.

Can you send us a link showing Bernie's support for assange?

Thanks

sbenois said:
Can you send us a link showing Bernie's support for assange?

Thanks

I will as soon as I have one.   

This article thinks the current charges are so thin they are like someone trying to steal a Netflix password. He compares it to a similar case 300 years ago where the guy got off. 

Viewpoint : How likely is an Assange conviction in US?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47874728

The arrest and expected extradition of Julian Assange has set into motion what could prove to be the most important free speech and free press case in our history. Or not.

nan said:

The arrest of is meant to send a message to all Americans and journalists: be quiet, behave, toe the line. Or you will pay the price.

If that were true, Trump would be celebrating the arrest, not denying any knowledge of wikileaks.  

Red_Barchetta said:
If that were true, Trump would be celebrating the arrest, not denying any knowledge of wikileaks.  

I would not go looking for meaning in whatever Trump spews.

ugh - Kim again - where do you find these people?  LOL

Here's a good rundown:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/julian-assange-bernie-sanders-donald-trump-supporters-wikileaks-hillary-clinton-emails-a8866176.html

I can't wait to hear what Bernie says about Assange.  Do you have any clips from the past where Bernie talks about Julian - surely there must be quite a bit?

STANV said:

paulsurovell said:
 Will Trump pardon him?

Maybe a joint pardon with Greg Craig.

Here's Tulsi's response:

I had no idea Tulsi and Bernie were the same person - or did you not mean to quote my question.

jamie said:
I had no idea Tulsi and Bernie were the same person - or did you not mean to quote my question.

I changed it to address your concern.

And here's how MSNBC's chief legal correspondent replied (will Rachel forgive him?)

Here's Ari Melber's complete statement on Assange.  This is going to help Julian a lot.

Dearest Nan,

I've been checking "the internets" for 24 hours now and so far Bernie hasn't said a thing about our favorite "journalist" Julian Assange.   Like you, I was eagerly awaiting his full-throated support on this matter.   

One thing that did pop up  was this news report from our favorite site RT.COM:

"Berniecrats feeling burned as Sanders keeps mum on Assange’s arrest"

https://www.rt.com/usa/456328-sanders-ignores-assange-arrest/

I am starting to feel like Bernie might actually be full of ****.   He hates millionaires, yet he suddenly became one by writing a book that he sold to the two of us and to the rest of the cult members.  Now this.   

Bernie, 

Say it ain't so Bernie!   And even if you come out with a statement now, it's too little, too late.  You've lost my vote.  And probably Nan's vote because I know Nan and she would never overlook this situation and continue to support you.  

sbenois said:
Dearest Nan,
I've been checking "the internets" for 24 hours now and so far Bernie hasn't said a thing about our favorite "journalist" Julian Assange.   Like you, I was eagerly awaiting his full-throated support on this matter.   

One thing that did pop up  was this news report from our favorite site RT.COM:
"Berniecrats feeling burned as Sanders keeps mum on Assange’s arrest"
https://www.rt.com/usa/456328-sanders-ignores-assange-arrest/

I am starting to feel like Bernie might actually be full of ****.   He hates millionaires, yet he suddenly became one by writing a book that he sold to the two of us and to the rest of the cult members.  Now this.   

Bernie, 
Say it ain't so Bernie!   And even if you come out with a statement now, it's too little, too late.  You've lost my vote.  And probably Nan's vote because I know Nan and she would never overlook this situation and continue to support you.  

Bernie's jumped the shark.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!