Julian Assange Being Turned over to UK????

paulsurovell said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50473792?ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_linkname=news_central&ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter

Sweden drops rape investigation

No pretexts left why Assange should be in jail.

Exactly, why is he still in jail?  So wrong. 

Hopefully it's because they lost the key.

Big march for Assange in Washington, D.C.  

nan said:

Big march for Assange in Washington, D.C.  

Featuring Garland Nixon, Chris Hedges, Jill Stein ... it's a whole Star Wars Cantina assemblage.

Only about 15,000 days to go until he hits his expiration date.

BTW, the BIG march appears to have had a total of 93 people.   Luckily the speeches have drawn in a few more.   That must be because the Scott Ritter fan club has shown up and wants to get his autograph again. 

Imagine being an adult who chooses to sound like loony neocon John Bolton whose ego is so big he blurts out and brags about running regime change operations. That's the kind of person who hates Julian Assange--war criminals.   Because Julian Assange calls them out. 

nan said:

Imagine being an adult who chooses to sound like loony neocon John Bolton whose ego is so big he blurts out and brags about running regime change operations. That's the kind of person who hates Julian Assange--war criminals.   Because Julian Assange calls them out. 

Wow.  176 years is a long time.  Just to put that in context it would be like Lincoln going to prison 15 years before he became the President...and still being in jail.   

And yet, I'm okay with 176 years for Julian if he is tried and convicted.   

Thanks for that clip Nan.  That's awesome.   

Wow, you are so far to the right I am thinking you probably don't even vote for Democrats anymore.   Oh, my bad, that's where the Democrats are now.  Agreeing with John Bolton.  In public.  

I'd rather have my liver picked out by vultures.  

I'd rather have your liver picked out by vultures as well.

Meant to post this the other day. 12,000 people showed up in the UK to form a human chain around Parliament protesting the incarceration of Julian Assange.

The Spontaneous Expression of Joyous Defiance 

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2022/10/the-spontaneous-expression-of-joyous-defiance/

Excerpt:

Saturday’s Hands Around Parliament event for Assange was massively uplifting. We hoped for 5,000 and feared we would fall short and fail to link the chain due to transport strikes. But in fact 12,000 people showed up for what became a glorious celebration of dissent and a festival of mutual support.

I walked the entire circuit across the face of the Houses of Parliament, though Westminster Park, across Lambeth Bridge, along Lambeth Palace and St Thomas’ Hospital, across Westminster Bridge and back into Parliament Square, and can assure you the chain was fully complete – indeed in places replete – with determined people proudly expressing their opposition to the persecution of Assange, and proclaiming their dissent in an atmosphere that was one of joy and celebration.

Walking the circuit, I spoke with many hundreds and bumped into small organised groups who had come from France, Belgium, Germany and the United States, and individuals who had traveled especially from as far away as Chile, Australia and New Zealand. I met more than a few tourists who had joined in the demonstration after simply coming to look at Westminster. And I met hundreds of readers of this blog, many of whom had actively campaigned against my own imprisonment. I appear in an improbable number of selfies. It was like an afternoon in a warm bath of comradeship.

But what was most striking was that this was a gathering of individuals, with real personal concern for freedom, the truth and the right to dissent. There were no large organisations involved and no money behind it. The diversity was beautiful – almost every race and culture on the planet was there, and also every social class. I quite literally chatted with a Duchess and with a Big Issue seller within a minute of each other.

Walking the circuit, I spoke with many hundreds

I stopped reading there.

"Spontaneous"

nan said:

Meant to post this the other day. 12,000 people showed up in the UK to form a human chain around Parliament protesting the incarceration of Julian Assange.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2022/10/the-spontaneous-expression-of-joyous-defiance/

Excerpt:

Walking the circuit, I spoke with many hundreds and bumped into small organised groups who had come from France, Belgium, Germany and the United States, and individuals who had traveled especially from as far away as Chile, Australia and New Zealand. ...

nohero said:

she realized that 14,000 would be met with violent rejection from the MOL cabal… so she reduced it by 2,000 … 

Chris Hedges makes a very powerful speech about Julian Assange.

WATCH: The Voice of the People on Assange

Fifteen people give their views on WikiLeaks and Julian Assange in the streets of London surrounding the Houses of Parliament.

https://consortiumnews.com/2022/10/13/watch-the-voice-of-the-people-on-assange/

World-Wide Backing as Parliament Encircled for Assange

Protests around the world supported the human chain that formed around the British parliament in support of an imprisoned publisher, reports Mohamed Elmaazi.

https://consortiumnews.com/2022/10/09/world-wide-backing-as-parliament-encircled-for-assange/

Excerpt:

Thousands of supporters of Julian Assange descended upon London’s Palace of Westminster to form a human chain around the Houses of Parliament in support of the embattled WikiLeaks publisher on Saturday.

Meanwhile, the London action was backed up by rallies in Melbourne, Australia, Washington D.C., San Francisco and other locales.

In the British capital, men and women from a myriad of backgrounds attended the demonstration from across the U..K, and beyond, including from France, Germany and the United States. It was the first known human chain to surround the Houses of Parliament.

Stella Assange, wife of the imprisoned publisher, said around 5,000 people showed up to form the chain despite a nation-wide strike announced by the National Union of Rail, Maritime and Transportation Workers (RMT). Other estimates put the crowd as high as 7,000.

The chain extended over Westminster Bridge to Lambeth on the other side of the River Thames and then along the south bank and over Lambeth Bridge, through Victoria Tower Gardens to the front of Parliament, a distance of about 2.5 kilometers. Hundreds of other supporters also attended the demonstration, albeit without joining the human chain.

“The Human chain is self-proving” Stella Assange said. “Julian has enormous support and much more. He has millions of people around the world who are disgusted by the injustice that is unfolding.”

Jeremy Corbyn, the former Labour Party leader, British actor Russell Brand, Iraqi-British hip hop artist Lowkey, former counsel to the Ecuadorian Embassy Fidel Narvaez, Craig Murray, the former British diplomat and WikiLeaks Editor-in-Chief Kristinn Hrafnnson were among those who formed part of the chain. Members of France’s Yellow Vest movement also took part.

Posting again because some seem to have missed this.

Saturday’s Hands Around Parliament event for Assange was massively uplifting. We hoped for 5,000 and feared we would fall short and fail to link the chain due to transport strikes. But in fact 12,000 people showed up for what became a glorious celebration of dissent and a festival of mutual support.

I walked the entire circuit across the face of the Houses of Parliament, though Westminster Park, across Lambeth Bridge, along Lambeth Palace and St Thomas’ Hospital, across Westminster Bridge and back into Parliament Square, and can assure you the chain was fully complete – indeed in places replete – with determined people proudly expressing their opposition to the persecution of Assange, and proclaiming their dissent in an atmosphere that was one of joy and celebration.

Where does the legal stuff stand right now? Is Assange appealing the extradition order?

From as far as I can find out, the UK was supposed to rule on his appeal in September, but I can't find anything saying that they did rule.

Apparently Australia is in the middle of ongoing talks with the US regarding his eventual disposition.

All this agonizing over this one person by the likes of Nan while not a peep of concern over the hundreds Ukrainian's brutalized or killed every day.

RTrent said:

All this agonizing over this one person by the likes of Nan while not a peep of concern over the hundreds Ukrainian's brutalized or killed every day.

This is the Julian Assange thread where we talk about Julian Assange, not Ukraine.  For some reason, you seem to feel entitled to enforce imaginary qualifications to post here. Are you still in junior high or do you just act like that?  Maybe instead of attacking people on line you should work on your maturity level. You could start by actually reading the threads I post on where I have talked about concern for war casualties.  You are very wrong about what you are accusing me of and you should apologize.  I'm guessing you will instead double down--but maybe you will surprise me for once and act like a decent person. 

You are also wrong to diminish the importance of Julian Assange's prosecution. If he is convicted, investigative reporting will be outlawed. If that comes to pass, you may never know much you have been lied to about this war, which would be a shame. 

nan said:

This is the Julian Assange thread where we talk about Julian Assange, not Ukraine.  For some reason, you seem to feel entitled to enforce imaginary qualifications to post here. Are you still in junior high or do you just act like that?  Maybe instead of attacking people on line you should work on your maturity level. You could start by actually reading the threads I post on where I have talked about concern for war casualties.  You are very wrong about what you are accusing me of and you should apologize.  I'm guessing you will instead double down--but maybe you will surprise me for once and act like a decent person. 

You are also wrong to diminish the importance of Julian Assange's prosecution. If he is convicted, investigative reporting will be outlawed. If that comes to pass, you may never know much you have been lied to about this war, which would be a shame. 

Me junior high? You do like to throw the insults.

Having read your constant dribble of vacuous and childish postings, your paranoid conspiracies, I suspect my maturity level is a magnitude higher than yours.

Decency. You know the meaning?  oh oh

btw - you mentioned you're a teacher. Do you dribble like that in school or do you zip it? Just wondering what you're imparting upon the children, your captive audience.

RTrent said:

nan said:

Me junior high? You do like to throw the insults.

Having read your constant dribble of vacuous and childish postings, your paranoid conspiracies, I suspect my maturity level is a magnitude higher than yours.

Decency. You know the meaning? 
oh oh

btw - you mentioned you're a teacher. Do you dribble like that in school or do you zip it? Just wondering what you're imparting upon the children, your captive audience.

Instead of contributing to the topic, you attacked me personally so I defended myself.  Instead of apologizing, you just double down on the insults.  Do you have anything of substance to contribute to this thread about Julian Assange or are you just here to be a troll?  I won't be holding my breath. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.