Kismet's Life in Maine

@nd photo is extraordinary.

Now I must HAVE Maine!!!

boomie said:

Now I must HAVE Maine!!!

You can get fog like that in the Reservation at sunset. Plus interesting men.

We have had several WONDERFUL vacations to Maine, but we tend to go "all over" in our travels rather than return to the same place every year and it has been quite a few years now. Need to get back there soon!

Dear Kismet...the pictures are stunning and you sound like I feel. I am so very happy for you as your place sounds absolutely fabulous!!!!

Thanks pixigirl...I feel the same - except you went south, I went north - we should visit each other oh oh

Snow in the forecast....

kismet said:

Snow in the forecast....

This is when people who are giving their kids boots for Christmas must figure out whether to give them as an early present. Such dilemma.

Yes...could just work out to be a "wintery mix" though.
Overheard two women in Hannafords today discussing how much they wanted snow. It's looked forward to here!!! oh oh

Isn't Hannaford's wonderful? Such great food, selection, quality.

Yup, love Hannaford's!

We should definitly visit each other..come on down anytime my dear.

Even we have snow in the forcast but so far it's still in the upper 50's even on a day like today when it rained buckets.

Have a very merry in your new location Kismet!!!

...funny I guess it was Kismet that you moved to your new home and my new home is the land of the Nunnehi (the Immortals or "people who live anywhere" and the the Yunwi Tsunsdi (pixies).

Isn't that something!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C3%BB%C3%B1n%C3%AB'h%C3%AF

That is something...I love connections like that.

The snow arrived, very beautiful. The birds are going crazy at the feeders - black-capped chick-a dees (of course, Maine State Bird), Tufted tit mouse, juncos, nuthatches, blue jays, mourning doves and a surprise this morning - a red bellied woodpecker!

Both Children are here! I am more than thrilled. Many hugs (best things in the world). Coincidentally a friend posted this quote on Facebook this morning -
"You will never have this day with your children again.
Tomorrow, they will be a little older then they were today.
This day is a gift, breathe and notice, smell and touch them;
study their face and little feet and pay attention.
RELISH THE CHARMS of THE PRESENT.
Enjoy today Momma, it will be over before you know it!"
-Jen Hatmaker

pixigirl......can you post a picture of your birdfeeder. Now I'm really curious.

@unrollingpin...do you mean kismet or pixigirl? I am sure she has a feeder too - her blog is My Smokey Mountain Life Blog. I'll try to post a photo of mine when they are all visiting again (most likely next snow fall - visits are sporadic otherwise).

Oops, sorry kistmet....I actually meant pixigirl. She was talking about how nice the birdfeeder she got from Stuff in South Orange was....but she never posted a picture! (Although I'm sure yours is lovely too!!)

My "grand dog" - sweetest thing!

Oh, so sweet!---- Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever?

I have to look that up! We don't know, thought maybe a collie/beagle mix? She is the mellowest dog I've ever met.

Photoshop the bone out of the pict and you got a Hallmark photo.

Great shot.

Thanks. I know, that bone is WHITE! She may well be mostly Toller but she's smaller. Wikipedia referenced a Kooiker Hound - she's more that size. The calmest, best behaved pup ever and my daughter says she's been that way from day one.

Well, this has been a wonderful couple of days. Some heartache (you know -that "stuff" that continues to occur even when you live in your "heart place") has been eased just having my children here. Lots of baking, game playing (and dog walking!). The last two days have been glorious weather-wise (rain before that). Today, once everyone is up and moving we have a hike planned - I'll try to post some photos. Can't believe it's Christmas Eve!

Merry Christmas to you and yours, kismet!

Thank you! Merry Christmas one and all!
Our hike was lovely. It is off on the other side of the cove from where we are and a beautiful well- maintained trail.

A few inches of snow over night, sleeting now - more snow in the forecast - lots of wind. As is in my genes- I am making soup. My family jokes that if the weather is stormy you will find me in the kitchen making soup and they are right. Today it's chicken orzo.

8 more inches night before last (and did it blow last night!!!!). Hired a guy to plow. We shoveled out both times but the drive is about 1/4 mile and we're not spring chickens. Soup today is black bean and veggies.

@author - had lunch at Le Garage on Thurs - wonderful as always.

Went to a place called Morse's in Waldoboro on Saturday famous for their sauerkraut and their pickles. We lunched there too - amazing. The restaurant is tiny, food great. The store not only has their house made sauerkraut and pickles but gourmet offerings from around the world.They've been written up in the Times and Savuer.

Tuesday's Grape Nut Pudding day at Moody's.

The desert pies, pudding and fruit at Moody's should be illegal. What a wonderful funky place. Just don't like that killer curve on which the diner is located. Curve or not absolutely a must visit place.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.