Kismet's Life in Maine

Kismet, try resizing the photo---I am still having a little trouble with posting photos.  I resize in Paint---and 50% of my original from my camera seems to work for me.

I use a MacBook Pro, and usually it works if I export photos from iPhoto at the medium size. For anyone who uses Mac, that is.

Hi all! Been a while. Life's been busy up here. Still taking care of folks (91 year old dad, 66 year old disabled brother), been promoted to Buyer/Manager of the gift Shop at Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens(http://www.mainegardens.org/), volunteering for a really wonderful land conservation group (http://www.damariscottariver.org/), started a jewelry business on the side (took off!!!- can't keep up - fun!- speaks to my crafty side I think), beehive is thriving(lots of honey this year) and adopted a rescue dog (8 year old girl from Mississippi). Wheee!

Had lots of visitor from NJ this summer and a few from Arizona and Colorado. Fall has been gorgeous, summer was spectacular. Living here is amazing!

Gorgeous photos, and congratulations on your promotion. Woohoo!

It sounds like you are having a wonderful time. I'm relieved to see you aren't already buried in snow. ;-)

so happy for you! My heart is homesick looking at these photos.

Our Mississippi gal does not like to be cold. Snow should be interesting....

Aw, poor baby. Maine must be a bit of a shock, but she looks like she is finding good coping strategies. smile

Really? And then there's this thing called snow????

Our LFL is in the holiday spirit!

Ever been to Erica's in Harpswell?

-s.

kismet said:

Really? And then there's this thing called snow????

Too stinkin' cute.

kismet said:

You're dog is a short hair so maybe a doggie coat and even paw booties to ease the transition? Poor little southerner...

A nice fleece doggie coat might be just the ticket!

She's got a down one already oh oh. And a friend just gifted her an LLBean jacket!

Cute girl is going to have a styling wardrobe! But maybe you need an "indoor" sweater for her, too! smile

Have you checked with the vet in case she a little bit of arthritis from the cold? It's just good to know, then you can treat it if need be. Good luck! She's cute!

soda said:

Ever been to Erica's in Harpswell?

-s.

Never been to Erica's but there are so many great places like that in Midcoast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He4v6yD9XWI

Botanical Gardens are a winter wonderland!!

my town....(Benjamin Williamson Photography)

Excellent photo... reminds me of one I took of Lambertville from New Hope. It was February, about 15 years ago, evening, using film.  Ice was flowing down the Delaware and ice flow had water breaks in it that formed a curve of holes in the ice like a pearl necklace. Lights from Lambertville were reflected in the small holes of water. I made only one copy and sold it at a charity auction. Someday, I will find the negative and reprint it.

The ice at the lower edge of your city's photo reminded me of Lambertville.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.