Meet the Mets (For Mets Fans Only!)

Train_of_Thought said:
I willfully accept any commissioner's suspension. Shining a light on the continued ineptitude of Jose Reyes is well worth it. Do your worst, Soul.

Did you see Jay Bruce in the 7th?  The only way that was a "double" was because the official scorer is an Atlanta writer.  What a pitiful play for a major league outfielder.  Sure, people make errors, but this is a pattern for Bruce.  Combined with his 0.220 average, 3 HRs and 17 RBIs, he is not much more valuable than Gonzalez was.  But a whole lot more expensive.

Can someone explain why Mickey let Sewald bat even though he was clearly struggling on the mound rather than go to anyone else in the pen?

As usual, the Mets' radio team (Howie and??) spoke the truth.  How come Robles and Peterson are not being used?  If they are not worth using, then replace them.  It seemed like Mickey was giving up on the game in the seventh in order to, I guess, save arms for today?

mfpark said:
Can someone explain why Mickey let Sewald bat even though he was clearly struggling on the mound rather than go to anyone else in the pen?
As usual, the Mets' radio team (Howie and??) spoke the truth.  How come Robles and Peterson are not being used?  If they are not worth using, then replace them.  It seemed like Mickey was giving up on the game in the seventh in order to, I guess, save arms for today?

I have no answer other than to note that it wasn't Mickey -- he had been tossed.

(Sidebar: not clear if I'VE been tossed or if the Commish's red button was a warning. So until further instruction...)

Another good start wasted.  They are not worth watching or caring about.

this is currently the worst hitting team I've ever seen.  The way the pitchers are pitching, the team should be ten games over .500

Heads need to roll... 

It won't change for real until the team is sold.

"this is currently the worst hitting team I've ever seen"

Don't watch Baltimore or Arizona because their team averages are even are worse. gulp 

rhw said:
Don't watch Baltimore or Arizona because their team averages are even are worse. gulp 

Maybe, but the O's swept us two in our park last week and Arizona is in first place.

2:12. Maddux must’ve been on his game.

DaveSchmidt said:
2:12. Maddux must’ve been on his game.

Ump was calling 'em six inches off the plate, just as if Maddux was pitching.  cheese 

Well, I see why Mickey was hesitant to use Robles......

rhw said:

that's why I used the word "currently."  The past few weeks have been historically bad.  Apparently in their recent stand at Citi Field, the Mets BA was the lowest in the history of baseball for a home stand of at least 9 games.

I am not sure the Mets could beat the top minor league teams right now.   

I am not sure I would trade DeGrom or Syndegard but I would think they could get a decent position player who can hit for Matz.  Trading Wheeler also might get them at least a good prospect.  

And there is no way a free agent is going to come to the Mets given the current state of affairs.  

At this point they have to realize the season is over for them and they need to make some moves even if it means making a trade with the Phillies, Yankees, or whomever.  

I think the thread title shoud change to "Beat the Mets", because then everyone could join in.

Jacob deGrom is...umm...pretty good.

It's so frustrating that DeGrom only has 4 wins at this point the way he has pitched.

Attention MLB contenders-Mets are open for business. Who do they trade and who do they keep?

"MLB.com’s Anthony DiComo tweets that while the Mets are indeed listening to offers, no deals should be expected in the short-term. Despite the recent run of poor play, the Mets will take another few weeks to see if they can turn things around before committing to a sale."

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/new-york-mets

mrincredible said:
It's so frustrating that DeGrom only has 4 wins at this point the way he has pitched.

5 now.

Nimmo is playing out of his mind right now.  Fun to watch--seems like a really great person as well as having an astonishing year at the plate.  

Love Nimmo. Wants to make contact. Doesn't overswing. Has a good eye at the plate and works counts to his favor. Would gladly walk if the pitch isn't there. The kind of approach that Conforto had the first few months of last season. The homers will come if they make solid contact. Sometimes it seems Conforto wants to blast it out of the ballpark which screws up his swing.

Train_of_Thought said:

mrincredible said:
 5 now.

I sit corrected but still. It's a long time frustration that some aMAZing pitchers always seem to get no support from the team.

Vargas in Colorado.  It sounded bad from the get go.  It was.

I keep hearing Colorado, blah, blah, about pitching on the radio, and yet the Colorado starter went six good innings.

FilmCarp said:
I keep hearing Colorado, blah, blah, about pitching on the radio, and yet the Colorado starter went six good innings.

Four runs in six innings is good?

mfpark said:

FilmCarp said:

A Quality-like Start (TM). 

DaveSchmidt said:

mfpark said:

FilmCarp said:
A Quality-like Rocky Mountain High Start (TM). 

There, that is better.

If the Mets could do that in Colorado we might have won two more games, so yes. It was good.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.