Reporting from my basement: Politics and pandemic, a deadly duo

Smedley said:

Klinker said:

Again, I ask why Jamie continues to let mtierney use this platform for race baiting and to spread dangerous misinformation?  How can we condemn Mark Zuckerberg when our own host is behaving in exactly the same manner?

This isn’t on the site admin. MOL should be an open forum barring some truly horrible, really out-of-line behavior,  which I don’t think mtierney is guilty of. She has her views, which many think are reprehensible, and they may well be. But, c’est la vie. live and let live.

It’s the posters who engage mt, including klinker, who feed the beast. As a Trumper, who seems to love attention, of course she’s gonna have a blast on MOL — her posts are like nails in a room full of people with hammers. As I’ve said previously, I don’t bother engaging, not because of her views per se, but because her MO is to not really respond substantively to anything, rather she just deflects and moves on. Life’s too short for that nonsense. 

I personally think her threads should be like 3 am infomercials on local access networks - they’re broadcast, but nobody’s watching. But the threads are always buzzing, so what do I know. 

Amen brother

“200,000 Americans are dead because of the ineptitude and selfishness of the President that you support lock, stock, and barrel. Those people have families in distress, debts, grief, and lots of fear and anger.”

The COVID-19 allegation is desperation politicking at its worse. Shameful to the dead, to their survivors, and to their families.

If playing the blame game is the way to go, how about this take?

Perhaps, during the three and a half years prior to the pandemic, the Democrats in the House had not been focused on a witch hunt and impeachment, or forming innumerable hearings, secret committees, all the while sorting through 29 candidates, who knows how much sooner America and  the world would have seen the Trojan Horse waiting in the wings? 

I’m pretty sure no one died of Russia, or impeachment. If the President was too busy to see COVID-19 coming, perhaps he shouldn’t be President anymore.

Yes, well that would work if you are a ******* moron.  

So congratulations.   You win.

mtierney said:

Perhaps, during the three and a half years prior to the pandemic, the Democrats in the House had not been focused on a witch hunt and impeachment, or forming innumerable hearings, secret committees, all the while sorting through 29 candidates, who knows how much sooner America and  the world would have seen the Trojan Horse waiting in the wings? 

Trump's active disabling of America's capacity to anticipate, analyze, and respond to worldwide health emergencies wasn't due to investigations of Trump.  Trump's admitted downplaying of the risks from the pandemic wasn't due to investigations of Trump.  Trump's deliberate pushing away of scientific and medical advice in favor of some weird "blue states/red states" strategy in response to the pandemic wasn't due to investigations of Trump.

Ms. Mtierney's argument is, to quote a phrase, "desperation politicking at its worse. Shameful to the dead, to their survivors, and to their families."

I would be more direct, but I don't want any asterisks in this post. 

mtierney said:

“200,000 Americans are dead because of the ineptitude and selfishness of the President that you support lock, stock, and barrel. Those people have families in distress, debts, grief, and lots of fear and anger.”

The COVID-19 allegation is desperation politicking at its worse. Shameful to the dead, to their survivors, and to their families.

the people who look at the data would tell you if Trump had declared a national emergency just two or three weeks earlier, and advised states to close schools and businesses and people to wear face coverings, the vast majority of those deaths would have been avoided.  Because science.

the only "desperation politicking at its worse (sic)" is coming from people like you who are pretending Trump hadn't done and said the things he did in relation to COVID-19 last spring.  I continue to be astounded that someone like you who lost family to the pandemic are in such denial of Trump's murderous malfeasance.

mtierney said:

This is, I think, the dumbest post ever written on MOL.

Yup. Pretty damn sure of that.

ETA: it also admits that Trump effed up.

Not for nothing, but the Trojan Horse was welcomed into Troy by its leaders, despite warnings.

Not only was it welcomed, it was going to help business here!  This video goes to the heart of Trump's response.  It is from 1/30/20. 

Wilbur Ross, for the sake of M (stick your head in the sand) Tierney is the US COMMERCE SECRETARY.   

Watch this video very carefully to grasp what the plan was.  China was already taking action to combat the virus.   We sent PPE there.   Trump was told days earlier about the severity of it and yet they did nothing because he and his circle of whores believed that it would bring manufacturing jobs back to the US  - likely in states that would give Trump votes.

https://video.foxbusiness.com/v/6128248662001/#sp=show-clips

Trojan Horse my ***.   They deliberately did nothing because they took a gamble that the only thing that would arrive in the US would be jobs.   They were 200,000 dead Americans wrong.

Saint Peter is wearing a mask these days.  It says "if you looked the other way, you've come to the wrong place". 

DaveSchmidt said:

Not for nothing, but the Trojan Horse was welcomed into Troy by its leaders, despite warnings.

I didn't mention that, because it was consistent with the mangling of sayings and examples that MOL's own Mrs. Malaprop posts here all the time.

sbenois said:

Yes, well that would work if you are a ******* moron.  

So congratulations.   You win.

Don’t you have a tornado to chase, somewhere? 

BTW, I do not write in asterisks. Or read it for that matter. Way too child-like for grownups.

There is another “Trojan Horse“ waiting in the wings — not from Troy, NY — or Greece, either. Incidentally, poetic license is an active sport on MOL, when the bully brigade shows up.

But, I  digress. Where in the world is the president-in-waiting? Aside from raising tons of dough, Harris is off camera. Her baggage is packed. I understand she didn’t want to upstage Biden during his emergence from his basement. Four months, it was, right?

Irony alert:  misusing the phrase "poetic license" to defend misusing phrases.

mtierney said:

There is another “Trojan Horse“ waiting in the wings — not from Troy, NY — or Greece, either. Incidentally, poetic license is an active sport on MOL, when the bully brigade shows up.

But, I  digress. Where in the world is the president-in-waiting? Aside from raising tons of dough, Harris is off camera. Her baggage is packed. I understand she didn’t want to upstage Biden during his emergence from his basement. Four months, it was, right?

There is so much sexism and racism and just plain pandering to the ignorant in that cartoon, it shouldn't have been posted, let alone for a second time.

And the only way someone hasn't seen Senator Harris' public appearances covered is if they only watch media that wants to push the fable, "Where's Kamala" (mispronouncing her name while doing it). 

I’m Joe Biden and I approve this message. pic.twitter.com/TuRZXPE5xK

— Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) September 20, 2020 " target="_blank" rel="nofollow">

" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">I’m Joe Biden and I approve this message. pic.twitter.com/TuRZXPE5xK

— Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) September 20, 2020

(Troy isn’t in Greece, but in Turkey, as most history buffs and students of archaeology would know cheese )

https://www.archaeology.org/travel/interactivemap-troy/intro.html

mtierney said:

There is another “Trojan Horse“ waiting in the wings — not from Troy, NY — or Greece, either. Incidentally, poetic license is an active sport on MOL, when the bully brigade shows up.

I, for one, never suggested that you misused the Trojan Horse as a metaphor. I’ll even come to your defense: Joanne, mtierney wrote “from ... Greece,” not “in Greece.” While everyone thought Achilles was moping in his ship, he was actually hightailing it over the wine dark sea to pick up the Trojan Horse from Piraeus and carry it back to the plain of Troy.

“That was fast,” Agamemnon told Achilles. “It’s like you had wings at your heels.”

By the time Troy’s spies relayed word of the greeting to Priam, it had become “take a wing at his heel,” and the rest is history.

mtierney said:

Where in the world is the president-in-waiting? Aside from raising tons of dough, Harris is off camera.

She’s on camera, stepping out and scaring the crap out of Mike Pence.  

nohero said:

mtierney said:

Where in the world is the president-in-waiting? Aside from raising tons of dough, Harris is off camera.

No "Chucks?"

cramer said:

nohero said:

mtierney said:

No "Chucks?"

She was on her way to view fire damage in California.  She was wearing her "Tims", sort of like "Chucks" for the forest. 

Shoes, boots, whatever the news of the day is here ...

Meanwhile,  the CDC makes yet another whoops! Remember when masks were not necessary...when we washed our mail and sprayed Lysol on our veggies? There have been a number of such conflicting statements over the last several weeks. 

Finding a vaccine should not be a competition, nor a political coup, but must be accomplished sanely and safely. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/21/health/coronavirus-cdc-aerosols.html

mtierney said:

Meanwhile,  the CDC makes yet another whoops! Remember when masks were not necessary...when we washed our mail and sprayed Lysol on our veggies? There have been a number of such conflicting statements over the last several weeks. 

Finding a vaccine should not be a competition, nor a political coup, but must be accomplished sanely and safely. 

There was no whoops. Only political pressure from Trump to ignore science, as usual.

mtierney said:

That wasn't a "whoops", that was the result of political pressure to remove scientific information from public view.

The CDC recently was "allowed" to provide accurate scientific information about the spread of Covid-19 among children, with a study from months ago.

Also, Trump is the one telling lies about a vaccine being available, even sooner than any person with actual knowledge says it will be.

Whatever source called this CDC statement a "whoops" is lying, and lies like that shouldn't be repeated on social media.

MOL should have the same rules as other social media.  

For lies about Covid-19 and voting, they should either be clearly labeled as misleading or simply deleted with a note.

From that Times article:

Experts with knowledge of the incident said on Monday that the latest reversal appeared to be a genuine mistake in the agency’s scientific review process, rather than the result of political meddling. Officials said the agency would soon publish revised guidance.

mtierney said:

I can't believe as a Trump supporter you would write these words unless you are consciously trolling us. 

DaveSchmidt said:

From that Times article:

Experts with knowledge of the incident said on Monday that the latest reversal appeared to be a genuine mistake in the agency’s scientific review process, rather than the result of political meddling. Officials said the agency would soon publish revised guidance.

That's vague enough to take in "didn't clear it with the boys upstairs".

DaveSchmidt said:

From that Times article:

“It’s really hard to believe that this was an accidental posting of draft guidance that they had to subsequently pull down 48 hours later that they didn’t realize they had put it up over the course of the weekend,” Gottlieb, the former Food and Drug Administration chief in the Trump administration, told CNBC’s “Squawk Box” on Tuesday.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/22/this-is-deeply-concerning-ex-fda-chief-says-of-cdc-coronavirus-errors.html

I trust Gottlieb. 

ml1 said:

I can't believe as a Trump supporter you would write these words unless you are consciously trolling us. 

Then, you must not have been paying attention. Facts do get clouded, viewed through jaundiced eyes

mtierney said:

If you're confused about how to keep safe, just take the advice of the President.  You've probably got some bleach in your laundry room, just inject it into yourself wherever you prefer.  It knocks out Corona in like 45 seconds.  

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!