Sarabeth and Simon's legacy: Charlotte

Wow, she truly loves that computer!  The both of them--- rolleyes 

Ha! I just saw the lint roller (one of many) in the background of the picture of Timmy!  That table is next to the door into the garage----where I do the last de-fuzz before I leave the house!

We should have stock in lint-roller companies!

I think he looks a little like Barbra Streisand   question 

Hah. He does look at bit like Barbra! What a lovely face, and gorgeous eyes. You adopted a pair of real beauties there. How are they getting along now? Any more fussing??

It was a pretty quiet Sunday. I caught up with laundry, now that the snow has melted sufficiently to expose the dryer vent.  A big breakthrough with Charlotte.  I took a nap on the couch  this afternoon, and she curled up next to me, then in the crook of my leg, when I woke up she was draped on me with her head in the curve of my neck

Timmy  >sigh< is such a frightened little soul.  He is wary of Charlotte, he is wary of Gracie. He trusts me, but he likes to be in his hidey holes, so sometimes, when I haven't seen him for a while, I have to seek him out.   He did take time out today to relax and bathe in the sunlight

What a wonderful breakthrough with Charlotte!  I'm sure in time the Tim Man will gain confidence.  He is probably more comfortable than he has been in years thanks to you.

I received a lovely gift, from a friend who is a very talented photographer, to commemorate Sarabeth and Simon.  She took some of my photos of them, and superimposed them on one of her works.  Regretfully, I am not the photographer she is, and I can't do this justice.  I hope you can make it out---it was a thoughtful gift and such a sweet tribute to their love for one another and for me. 

We all went to the vet this morning. Charlotte was a bit of a Hellcat, Timmy less so, but so not happy. They are both pitifully underweight, so going to pick up kitten food for them both, today. 

They each got a dose of Revolution(because, as I suspected, they had fleas and, also as I suspected, they probably have worms. They had full blood panels done, because there was no record of either having distemper shots or FIV/Fe Leuk tests, and they need baselines on their kidney and liver values. 

They had pedicures and dental exams (I can tell you they both have good, operational teeth---although they have never shed blood). 

Charlotte was traumatized, panting, growling, the whole nine yards. When I let her out of the crate back home, she dove under the bed, and I haven't seen her since. 

Timmy is still plotting his escape, or else he is doing a home safety check to make sure all the doors and windows are secure. He is also one of those cats who likes to knock things off tables and shelves. First casualty was his food dish---a beautiful little ironstone dish with the word CAT on it, that had been Felicity's---oh well. I will have to search eBay for another one. 

Meanwhile, I am providing him with little boxes and tiny containers for his amusement---and, oh yes, I will now be feeding him on the floor.

Poor babies. Vet trips are almost never easy. But they are getting what they need, and now they can go back to acclimating to their new home. Hope all the test results are good.

Thanks, Peggy.  That is exactly what I told them on the drive home, that they would not have to leave again until the next time we go to the vet.  I am bound and determined that they will never have to have another home, again.

Sounds like enough adventure for all of you today. Trips to vet never fun, I still have one more trip for Slinky boy, for second batch of shots. Love seeing your pictures, so cute!

Poor Timmy. I wonder what happened to make you that way, Little Man? You're in good hands now!

I'm thinking, Tim's a Him; he needs A Shed (or stuff that reminds a Bloke about A Shed). Maybe he needs a whittled wooden bowl from which to munch his lunch?  cheese  

I was forever grateful we had vets who could come to see first Houdini and then later Minnie at home. Sometimes we could visit the practices but often the kitties wouldn't let us get to the car, and the home services saved sanity. 

OH, TIMMY! I put him in the bathroom before I let Gracie out. I was calling Gracie in, and Timmy slipped out into the snow covered yard. I ran out in my stocking feet and grabbed him before he figured out how to go under the gate. But I am most perplexed by the fact he got out of the bathroom!

He figured out how to turn the knob!

So glad you were able to grab that little boy!

I hope he freaked himself out enough to not try that again!!

Oh, boy. I'm glad you got him before he went too far. 

Thank God! Both of them are chipped, and I had the vet check yesterday that all the info was updated.  But I never want to use it. Now I know to toss him in the room with the bungee cord on the door connected to the baby gate.

The bathroom door opens in, so even if he could turn the knob, I don't know how he could get out without me hearing him (of course I can only hear out of one ear, but still...)

Anyway, he gave me quite a fright, And very surprisingly, Gracie did not spring into action. 

There isn't an escape path via a window, perhaps? Until she filled out, Min could squeeze through teeny cracks-for-fresh-air. She had an uncanny ability to flatten herself.

perhaps the door didn't latch properly, and claws did the rest? The bungee sounds like a very good idea.

No, Joanne, the bathroom door was ajar, when I checked.He definitely came out the bathroom door and ran through the house, to the back door.

Peggy, it is possible that the latch didn't catch---that is the only logical explanation.

that was a constant issue in our West Orange house, but yours isn't that old, so I would expect the doors to work a little better. Then again, in our current 30-year-old house, enough settling has taken place that some of the doors don't want to latch, so LOL!

On the one hand that's a relief - open windows in a snowy winter seem odd to me. On the other hand, loose latches always bug me.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.