So Much for "Unity" at the DNC: Corporate Democrats Purge Bernie Backers

nan said:

Steve said:

It's one thing to have progressive positions; it's another thing to be able to get them implemented. 
If you don't elect people with progressive positions there is zero percent chance of getting them implemented.

Exactly.  Tell that to the people who didn't care if Trump won instead of Clinton.

nan said:

Steve said:

It's one thing to have progressive positions; it's another thing to be able to get them implemented. 

If you don't elect people with progressive positions there is zero percent chance of getting them implemented.

My point being, is he the right person to get the Ohio legislature to propose and pass such legislation?  Sadly, I think that he is probably not that person.

Steve said:

nan said:

Steve said:

My point being, is he the right person to get the Ohio legislature to propose and pass such legislation?  Sadly, I think that he is probably not that person.

Based on what?  

although past performance is no guarantee of future results, his past performance.  Look at his legislative record.  What makes you believe the contrary?

Steve said:

although past performance is no guarantee of future results, his past performance.  Look at his legislative record.  What makes you believe the contrary?

Is it worse than others?  How does he rank among peers?  He would be in a different place with more power.  This is the same argument made against Bernie during the primary with the assumption that Clinton was, as she claimed, "a progressive who gets things done."  However, when pressed to reveal what she had done, no one could ever answer.  MIght be more perception than reality.

Do the research.  Why must you always attack people who disagree with you (even when they share an underlying ideology)?  You're not helping yourself or your cause.

ah, so you're choosing the lesser of evils?

got it.

nan said:

Steve said:

Is it worse than others?  How does he rank among peers?  He would be in a different place with more power.  This is the same argument made against Bernie during the primary with the assumption that Clinton was, as she claimed, "a progressive who gets things done."  However, when pressed to reveal what she had done, no one could ever answer.  MIght be more perception than reality.

Steve said:

Do the research.  Why must you always attack people who disagree with you (even when they share an underlying ideology)?  You're not helping yourself or your cause.

I'm not attacking you.  I'm just asking you to defend your statement with more detail.  Your answer was vague.  Sharing ideology does not change that, if we even do.

paulsurovell said:

Looks like gun control is going to be an issue in the Ohio primary:

https://theintercept.com/2018/02/22/ohio-governors-race-gun-control-assault-weapons/

Yes, thanks. Kucinich wants to ban assault weapons.  Sounds good to me.

" . . . The debate about gun control that was reignited by last week’s tragedy at Parkland High School is playing out in Ohio’s Democratic gubernatorial primary, where Dennis Kucinich is calling out his opponent Richard Cordray for his track record as a pro-gun advocate.

Kucinich, considered the most progressive candidate in the race, is calling for Ohio to ban assault weapons. “We are going to change the politics of the state on this single issue,” he said at a press conference in mid-February."

nan said:

Steve said:

I'm not attacking you.  I'm just asking you to defend your statement with more detail.  Your answer was vague.  Sharing ideology does not change that, if we even do.

Never mind. 

Catching up on all the new DNC attacks on progressive candidates.  Once again proving that they would rather lose than endorse a real progressive.  Emily's List, supposedly formed to get more women elected, has repeatedly demonstrated that they only care about establishment Democrats, even if they have a losing record. Here's how they treat them in Pennsylvania. Also going on in Texas.

THE DEAD ENDERS

Candidates Who Signed Up to Battle Donald Trump Must Get Past the Democratic Party First

https://theintercept.com/2018/01/23/dccc-democratic-primaries-congress-progressives/

excerpt:

" . . . In his farewell address, President Barack Obama had some practical advice for those frustrated by his successor. “If you’re disappointed by your elected officials, grab a clipboard, get some signatures, and run for office yourself,” Obama implored.

Yet across the country, the DCCC, its allied groups, or leaders within the Democratic Party are working hard against some of these new candidates for Congress, publicly backing their more established opponents, according to interviews with more than 50 candidates, party operatives, and members of Congress. Winning the support of Washington heavyweights, including the DCCC — implicit or explicit — is critical for endorsements back home and a boost to fundraising. In general, it can give a candidate a tremendous advantage over opponents in a Democratic primary.

In district after district, the national party is throwing its weight behind candidates who are out of step with the national mood. The DCCC — known as “the D-trip” in Washington — has officially named 18 candidates as part of its “Red to Blue” program. (A D-trip spokesperson cautioned that a red-to-blue designation is not an official endorsement, but functions that way in practice. Program designees get exclusive financial and strategy resources from the party.) In many of those districts, there is at least one progressive challenger the party is working to elbow aside, some more viable than others. Outside of those 18, the party is coalescing in less formal ways around a chosen candidate — such as in the case of Pennsylvania’s Hartman — even if the DCCC itself is not publicly endorsing.

You are welcome!  Here are some articles about Laura Moser, a progressive candidate in Texas that is being attacked by Emily's List and the DNC.

EMILY’S LIST WEIGHS IN HARD IN TEXAS PRIMARY — AGAINST A LEADING WOMAN IN THE TRUMP RESISTANCE

https://theintercept.com/2018/02/22/emilys-list-laura-moser-texas-congress/

DCCC GOES NUCLEAR, SLAMS DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE AS CORRUPT FOR SAME BEHAVIOR IT ENGAGES IN REGULARLY

https://theintercept.com/2018/02/22/national-democrats-go-nuclear-publicly-slam-a-dem-candidate-as-corrupt-for-far-less-than-its-own-officials-do/

The people calling for "unity" are back to plotting against Progressives.  

nan said:
The people calling for "unity" are back to plotting against Progressives.  

The representatives pictured above include Ilhan Omar, whom the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee is plotting for.

The National Journal article about this, which Paul linked to in another Politics thread, noted: 

"The core mission of the DCCC is electing House Democrats, which includes supporting and protecting incumbents,” the committee wrote in a memo.

DaveSchmidt said:
The representatives pictured above include Ilhan Omar, whom the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee is plotting for

The National Journal article about this, which Paul linked to in another Politics thread, noted: 

"The core mission of the DCCC is electing House Democrats, which includes supporting and protecting incumbents,” the committee wrote in a memo.

Takes too many words to explain.  long face 

Did Jimmy mention that Bernie is Independent?  

Thanks for changing the thread title - it better expresses that Bernie and his revolution have more issues and time going after the DCCC then they have making their own case.  It's really nuts.  

jamie said:
Did Jimmy mention that Bernie is Independent?  
Thanks for changing the thread title - it better expresses that Bernie and his revolution have more issues and time going after the DCCC then they have making their own case.  It's really nuts.  

I did not change the thread title.  This was from over a year ago when I was warning you about what the DNC was doing to sabotage Progressives.  They are still doing those things.  

ah didn’t realized you regurgitated an old thread.  Now u have 2 threads to bash the “establishment “

jamie said:
ah didn’t realized you regurgitated an old thread.  Now u have 2 threads to bash the “establishment “

This is my only active  thread in Soapbox. I started this thread to document how after the 2016 election, the Democrats doubled-down on the same losing strategies.  They are still trying to suppress the Progressives.

lol yes we’ve heard. 

They are trying to stop the next OAC from getting elected. They say the want "unity" but they really want conformity. 

The DCCC Is Trying to Put Me Out of Business — and I’m a Democrat.

https://theintercept.com/2019/03/25/dccc-blacklist-democratic-party/?fbclid=IwAR39dwpSLCSgPnfrEjxzzEvwJPdPDzjYiRLq8khaoTt-Z2fF7hoJo-VdyYY

Like many women in their 20s across America, I feel inexplicably hopeful and manifestly seen when I watch Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez take on the stale and insular political dynamics of Washington. We feel spoken for and welcome to speak when we see one of our own — a young, fearless woman in fire engine-red lipstick — transfigure politics from a bureaucratic, impervious institution for old white men into her own bully pulpit for affordable health care, green jobs, and living wages. We cannot imagine a Washington without her.

Ocasio-Cortez’s unapologetic energy in Washington cannot be separated from her decision to run against Joe Crowley in Queens, New York. Every action Ocasio-Cortez takes carries the same fearlessness that prompted her not to wait her turn. Our party desperately needs countless more Ocasio-Cortezes who won’t wait until their representative is done serving — especially when these elected officials have stopped “serving” anyone but themselves and their donors. And we need a national party that encourages and supports firms that work with new progressive challengers.

Yet instead of embracing Ocasio-Cortez and the fresh path she has opened, the DCCC and other national “Democratic” organizations are wrapping their arms more tightly around the heavily white, male incumbent Democrats in Washington.

I've been pulling my hair out since this thread started about two years ago, but recently I heard some encouraging news. The DCCC boycott policy described in the previous post, is finally getting attention and protest on college campuses.  Evidently, AOC's fan base got pissed off at rules that try to prevent more AOCs from getting elected.  The main protest group is at Harvard!  I'm surprised, since I think of them as being the hotbed of establishment centrism.  So, cool, maybe this generation will finally make a bigger difference than mine did:

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.