Russian Propaganda machine

nan said:

drummerboy said:

nan said:

drummerboy said:

nan said:

jamie said:

If Assange did what he did with Putin state secrets - we wouldn't still be talking about him.

If you search for "Kremlin" on Wikileaks you come up with 59,593 results. 

is that supposed to prove something?

Assange did what he did with Putin state secrets. 

as far as I can tell, that first page of results has nothing to do with Russian state secrets. Do you think wikileaks published 60,000 Russian state secrets? And do any of them close to what was leaked from the U.S.?

If Assange had published Russian secrets equivalent to to the U.S. leak, Assange would be dead by now.

You don't know that.  You just think you do.  Americans were not interested in Russian state secrets unless they showed Putin is a monster who loves Donald Trump. 

I honestly don't know what that last sentence means. Which "Americans"? No everyday Americans would give a hoot about Russian secrets, unless they were salacious in some way. Just like most people gave a crap about what wikileaks leaked regarding the CIA, American or not.

But if you think the CIA was pissed enough at Assange to talk about assassinating him, yet to think that the FSB wouldn't be similarly pissed given a similar leak is yet another example of your massive blind spot towards Russia.

I think you really believe they're boy scouts.

“I think you really believe they're boy scouts.”… who only eat brownies…

drummerboy said:

nan said:

drummerboy said:

nan said:

drummerboy said:

nan said:

jamie said:

If Assange did what he did with Putin state secrets - we wouldn't still be talking about him.

If you search for "Kremlin" on Wikileaks you come up with 59,593 results. 

is that supposed to prove something?

Assange did what he did with Putin state secrets. 

as far as I can tell, that first page of results has nothing to do with Russian state secrets. Do you think wikileaks published 60,000 Russian state secrets? And do any of them close to what was leaked from the U.S.?

If Assange had published Russian secrets equivalent to to the U.S. leak, Assange would be dead by now.

You don't know that.  You just think you do.  Americans were not interested in Russian state secrets unless they showed Putin is a monster who loves Donald Trump. 

I honestly don't know what that last sentence means. Which "Americans"? No everyday Americans would give a hoot about Russian secrets, unless they were salacious in some way. Just like most people gave a crap about what wikileaks leaked regarding the CIA, American or not.

But if you think the CIA was pissed enough at Assange to talk about assassinating him, yet to think that the FSB wouldn't be similarly pissed given a similar leak is yet another example of your massive blind spot towards Russia.

I think you really believe they're boy scouts.

They are not boy scouts but they are closer to that than to the demonic portrayal created by those who profit from making them the enemy of the United States. 

Jaytee said:

“I think you really believe they're boy scouts.”… who only eat brownies…

Again, thinking you can read my mind. Actually boy scouts who only eat brownies sounds like a great idea for a horror movie.  

Watch that Oliver Stone movie.  I'd be curious what you think. 

nan said:

Steve said:

nan said:

Manning went to jail for that.  Assange only published the material.  They are trying to stick him with this charge saying he helped Manning get the documents. 

Right - and if they can't prove that, he walks.

It's not going to be a fair trial.  They had an assassination plot on him.  They want him dead or in jail forever.  

You are so utterly clueless about the world.  Between this and what you claim in subsequent posts about Assange disclosing Russian state secrets.  Jeez.

Steve said:

nan said:

Steve said:

nan said:

Manning went to jail for that.  Assange only published the material.  They are trying to stick him with this charge saying he helped Manning get the documents. 

Right - and if they can't prove that, he walks.

It's not going to be a fair trial.  They had an assassination plot on him.  They want him dead or in jail forever.  

You are so utterly clueless about the world.  Between this and what you claim in subsequent posts about Assange disclosing Russian state secrets.  Jeez.

Do you know what projection is?   Check it out. 

nan said:

LOL

Steve said:

nan said:

LOL

I used to think you were a good poster back in 2016.  What happened?   You don't contribute much of anything now--you just come on to throw personal attacks.  It's not nice. 

nan said:

Steve said:

nan said:

LOL

I used to think you were a good poster back in 2016.  What happened?   You don't contribute much of anything now--you just come on to throw personal attacks.  It's not nice. 

LOL

nan said:

nohero said:

nan said:

Julian Assange, Alina Lipp, and Anne-Laure Bonnel–When truth becomes a crime in the West

https://mronline.org/2022/06/23/julian-assange-alina-lipp-and-anne-laure-bonnel-when-truth-becomes-a-crime-in-the-west/ 

Here's what "journalist" Alina Lipp did. She promoted lies about Ukrainian refugees, allegedly assaulting people in Germany. It's exactly like Donald Trump's lies about "Mexican rapists" coming to the U.S. as refugees.

Those claims began to take off Sunday evening, Smirnova said. That’s when a pro-Kremlin channel on Telegram, whose titled can be translated as “Release Z Kraken,” posted the video and warned that similar incidents could unfold in other countries. The channel has operated under that name since at least 2017, Smirnova said, meaning its use of “Kraken” predates the term’s adoption by pro-Donald Trump lawyer Sidney Powell in her quixotic quest to overturn the results of the 2020 U.S. election.

Within an hour, according to Smirnova’s analysis, the post had been copied by a broad array of channels voicing support for Russia’s war. On the original channel, meanwhile, the post had been viewed more than 415,000 times by Tuesday, she said.

One of the first German-language posts to circulate the video came from German Russian blogger Alina Lipp, who runs a Telegram channel called “News from Russia,” according to Smirnova.

Lipp’s German description, later deleted, was then shared in numerous German-language channels that promote conspiracy theories,
Smirnova said. Lipp did not respond to a request for comment. On Facebook and Twitter accounts, with locations ranging from Germany to Ukraine’s disputed Donbas region, the lurid details of the purported attack were offered as proof that Ukrainians were the aggressors and Russians the victims.

At the same time that debunked claims about the attack at the Euskirchen train station were gaining traction, pro-Kremlin Telegram channels and media outlets were sharing a TikTok video about purported violence by Ukrainian refugees in Latvia. This time, the purported victim was a 70-year-old man, also speaking Russian, as well as a woman and her young son. The claims are uncorroborated, Smirnova said.

“The impression left by the videos is that Russians abroad, especially in European countries, are in danger,” she said. “This is a message Russian state media and pro-Kremlin media have been sending to Russians for years.”
Click to Read More

Russian video of woman describing attacks by Ukrainian refugees in Germany is baseless, police say, spurring fears of disinformation - The Washington Post

It does not matter if it is or is not like Donald Trump.  Things that you compare to Donald Trump are not inherently untrue.  They have to be proven true or not true with facts.  Nothing in your article gives evidence one way or the other.  

the WAPO article is behind a paywall. 

Enough with the gaslighting. Here are some facts -

1. The article isn't behind a paywall, I just clicked on the link again and got to it.  

2. Even if you can't get to the article, I provided an extensive quote from the article, with the relevant information.

3. The Donald Trump reference was accurate. Donald Trump used lies to provoke hatred of migrants from Mexico.  Alina Lipp used lies to provoke hatred of refugees from Ukraine. It's the same behavior. 

4. As for, "Things that you compare to Donald Trump are not inherently untrue. They have to be proven true or not true with facts." It is a fact that the story about Ukrainians assaulting people was a lie. The article describes how it was a lie, and that text is in the excerpt which I posted here.  Here are the tweets (as translated) referenced in the article, from the police who first had to debunk that lie that Alina Lipp spread in order to stir up hatred -

nohero said:

1. The article isn't behind a paywall, I just clicked on the link again and got to it.

I hit a paywall, too. Maybe you hadn’t yet reached your three-free-articles limit, or a guardian, I mean post, angel subscribed you.

DaveSchmidt said:

nohero said:

1. The article isn't behind a paywall, I just clicked on the link again and got to it.

I hit a paywall, too. Maybe you hadn’t yet reached your three-free-articles limit, or a guardian, I mean post, angel subscribed you.

I hit paywalls on other WP articles in the past, so I don't know what's up.

In any event, I had put in an extensive quote from the article, which apparently wasn't even read before the complaint of "no evidence" was made.

nohero said:

I hit paywalls on other WP articles in the past, so I don't know what's up.

Circumspectio semper.

I was joking about taking some land from Russia because as per Russia, we can take action on any territory that we perceive as a threat.

But, we may have to give up Alaska after all:

https://www.newsweek.com/putin-ally-vyacheslav-volodin-warns-us-russia-reclaim-alaska-1722342

ETA - it was the House speaker who said this.

nohero said:

nan said:

nohero said:

nan said:

Julian Assange, Alina Lipp, and Anne-Laure Bonnel–When truth becomes a crime in the West

https://mronline.org/2022/06/23/julian-assange-alina-lipp-and-anne-laure-bonnel-when-truth-becomes-a-crime-in-the-west/ 

Here's what "journalist" Alina Lipp did. She promoted lies about Ukrainian refugees, allegedly assaulting people in Germany. It's exactly like Donald Trump's lies about "Mexican rapists" coming to the U.S. as refugees.

Those claims began to take off Sunday evening, Smirnova said. That’s when a pro-Kremlin channel on Telegram, whose titled can be translated as “Release Z Kraken,” posted the video and warned that similar incidents could unfold in other countries. The channel has operated under that name since at least 2017, Smirnova said, meaning its use of “Kraken” predates the term’s adoption by pro-Donald Trump lawyer Sidney Powell in her quixotic quest to overturn the results of the 2020 U.S. election.

Within an hour, according to Smirnova’s analysis, the post had been copied by a broad array of channels voicing support for Russia’s war. On the original channel, meanwhile, the post had been viewed more than 415,000 times by Tuesday, she said.

One of the first German-language posts to circulate the video came from German Russian blogger Alina Lipp, who runs a Telegram channel called “News from Russia,” according to Smirnova.

Lipp’s German description, later deleted, was then shared in numerous German-language channels that promote conspiracy theories,
Smirnova said. Lipp did not respond to a request for comment. On Facebook and Twitter accounts, with locations ranging from Germany to Ukraine’s disputed Donbas region, the lurid details of the purported attack were offered as proof that Ukrainians were the aggressors and Russians the victims.

At the same time that debunked claims about the attack at the Euskirchen train station were gaining traction, pro-Kremlin Telegram channels and media outlets were sharing a TikTok video about purported violence by Ukrainian refugees in Latvia. This time, the purported victim was a 70-year-old man, also speaking Russian, as well as a woman and her young son. The claims are uncorroborated, Smirnova said.

“The impression left by the videos is that Russians abroad, especially in European countries, are in danger,” she said. “This is a message Russian state media and pro-Kremlin media have been sending to Russians for years.”
Click to Read More

Russian video of woman describing attacks by Ukrainian refugees in Germany is baseless, police say, spurring fears of disinformation - The Washington Post

It does not matter if it is or is not like Donald Trump.  Things that you compare to Donald Trump are not inherently untrue.  They have to be proven true or not true with facts.  Nothing in your article gives evidence one way or the other.  

the WAPO article is behind a paywall. 

1. The article isn't behind a paywall, I just clicked on the link again and got to it.  

2. Even if you can't get to the article, I provided an extensive quote from the article, with the relevant information.

3. The Donald Trump reference was accurate. Donald Trump used lies to provoke hatred of migrants from Mexico.  Alina Lipp used lies to provoke hatred of refugees from Ukraine. It's the same behavior. 

4. As for, "Things that you compare to Donald Trump are not inherently untrue. They have to be proven true or not true with facts." It is a fact that the story about Ukrainians assaulting people was a lie. The article describes how it was a lie, and that text is in the excerpt which I posted here.  Here are the tweets (as translated) referenced in the article, from the police who first had to debunk that lie that Alina Lipp spread in order to stir up hatred -

Naturally you compare Alina Lipp to Donald Trump but your smears have nothing to do with what she is being charged with, which is telling the truth about what goes on in the Donbas.  Here is a short video she made explaining the letter they sent her with the charges.

Looks like Germany, like the US, is heavily into promoting one narrative.

nan said:

nohero said:

Naturally you compare Alina Lipp to Donald Trump but your smears have nothing to do with what she is being charged with, which is telling the truth about what goes on in the Donbas.  Here is a short video she made explaining the letter they sent her with the charges.

Your video doesn't debunk what I wrote.  What's in the rest of the letter she says she received from the government? There's nothing to support your claim.

Meanwhile, it's a fact that she deliberately spread lies in order to demonize refugees from Ukraine.  Do you have her explanation for that?

I haven't heard much about Alina - here's one story that she spread to her followers:

https://www.stopfake.org/en/fake-ukrainian-crowd-beats-russian-boy-to-death-in-germany/

When you share such a fake story in a country that has a lot of Ukrainians refugees - it can make them a target.

Just too bad she didn't vet the source a bit better on that one.

Here's another journalist - sounds like Alina - she is also mentioned in here:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/wxneb4/ukraine-patrick-lancaster-journalist

Nan - can you share your favorite Alina piece?

nohero said:

nan said:

nohero said:

Your video doesn't debunk what I wrote.  What's in the rest of the letter she says she received from the government? There's nothing to support your claim.

Meanwhile, it's a fact that she deliberately spread lies in order to demonize refugees from Ukraine.  Do you have her explanation for that?

You are going for a red herring.  I don't know about these claims of yours.  I could not open the link and I had limited time to go through your material and your argument sounded flawed.  The issue is that she is being prosecuted for reporting truthfully about the Donbas.  That's what I posted about and instead of addressing that, you just looked to smear her.   

jamie said:

I haven't heard much about Alina - here's one story that she spread to her followers:

https://www.stopfake.org/en/fake-ukrainian-crowd-beats-russian-boy-to-death-in-germany/

When you share such a fake story in a country that has a lot of Ukrainians refugees - it can make them a target.

Just too bad she didn't vet the source a bit better on that one.

Here's another journalist - sounds like Alina - she is also mentioned in here:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/wxneb4/ukraine-patrick-lancaster-journalist

Nan - can you share your favorite Alina piece?

Stop FAKE.org is not a reliable source for deciding what is true. We have discussed this site on line.  I am interested in her direct reporting, not what she shares from others.  I'm not surprised she is getting smeared since she reports on the Donbas.  All the people who report from the Donbas get smeared.  You don't want to believe any one, even that French Reporter who was very legit.  She's been banned from going to the Donbas and I'm sure it's not because she was spreading lies.  It's because she was telling the truth. 

Edited to add:  I see you are also smearing Patrick Lawerence who is also in the Donbas.  The people who smear him are probably living in Greenpoint writing from a coffeeshop. 

These people have to be smeared to keep the Western narrative going.  It's hard enough keeping up the lie that the Ukrainians are going to win.  

nan said:

Stop FAKE.org is not a reliable source for deciding what is true. We have discussed this site on line.  I am interested in her direct reporting, not what she shares from others.  I'm not surprised she is getting smeared since she reports on the Donbas.  All the people who report from the Donbas get smeared.  You don't want to believe any one, even that French Reporter who was very legit.  She's been banned from going to the Donbas and I'm sure it's not because she was spreading lies.  It's because she was telling the truth. 

ok please share your favorite piece by Alina.  

jamie said:

nan said:

ok please share your favorite piece by Alina.  

I don't have favorite war reporting stories.  

nan said:

so you don’t sound very familiar with her - you can’t share anything she’s done that you like? 

jamie said:

nan said:

so you don’t sound very familiar with her - you can’t share anything she’s done that you like? 

No.

nan said:

You are going for a red herring.  I don't know about these claims of yours.  I could not open the link and I had limited time to go through your material and your argument sounded flawed.  The issue is that she is being prosecuted for reporting truthfully about the Donbas.  That's what I posted about and instead of addressing that, you just looked to smear her.   

I provided all of the details in the posts.  I even provided the translated tweets from the local police, debunking the claim that Ukrainian refugees had committed a violent attack. And, I provided you with the details that Alina Lipp had spread that story, whose only purpose was to stir up hatred and violence against refugees.

You're not interested in considering any of those details, which is not a surprise.

nohero said:

nan said:

nohero said:

Ok, I finally had time to review this and you are just the biggest hypocrite on the planet.  Basically, she shared something that turned out to probably be false and she later deleted it and would not comment on it.  That' happens to everyone.  

You do this all the time and you don't even delete them!   Remember the one about the Ukrainians killing all the Russian generals?  There were others too that I could find if I had more time.  She did not do anything you don't do. Maybe we should prosecute you and freeze your bank account and the bank account of other members of your family.  That's what they did to her. 

And, as I said before, that is not relevant to the problem which is that she got a letter from her government saying they might prosecute her and they did not even want to hear her side of the story.  She was in the Donbas reporting.   You constantly say there is no evidence of genocide in the Donbas.  Look what happens when people try to report the truth from there. 

We should all condemn censorship, even if we don't like what the person is saying. 

nan said:

Ok, I finally had time to review this and you are just the biggest hypocrite on the planet.  Basically, she shared something that turned out to probably be false and she later deleted it and would not comment on it.  That' happens to everyone.  

Previously, you were telling us that she was a journalist who we should pay attention to.  If she is, she should be held to the standards we expect of journalism.

Now you're saying that she should be held to the standards we expect of any other crank on the internet. 

If you guys would only watch the freakin videos… none of this would be going on right now. 

Jaytee said:

If you guys would only watch the freakin videos… none of this would be going on right now. 

lol

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.