Russian Propaganda machine

nohero said:

nan said:

Ok, I finally had time to review this and you are just the biggest hypocrite on the planet.  Basically, she shared something that turned out to probably be false and she later deleted it and would not comment on it.  That' happens to everyone.  

Previously, you were telling us that she was a journalist who we should pay attention to.  If she is, she should be held to the standards we expect of journalism.

Now you're saying that she should be held to the standards we expect of any other crank on the internet. 

No, I’m saying that people make mistakes AND it does not matter if she is a mediocre or even bad journalist. What matters is the censorship. That is not acceptable. 

jamie said:

I haven't heard much about Alina - here's one story that she spread to her followers:

https://www.stopfake.org/en/fake-ukrainian-crowd-beats-russian-boy-to-death-in-germany/

When you share such a fake story in a country that has a lot of Ukrainians refugees - it can make them a target.

Just too bad she didn't vet the source a bit better on that one.

Here's another journalist - sounds like Alina - she is also mentioned in here:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/wxneb4/ukraine-patrick-lancaster-journalist

Nan - can you share your favorite Alina piece?

The Grayzone did an interview with Alina Lipp.  She talks about reporting from the Donbass and how people who live there feel about the war.  Also, about how Germany took money from her bank account and is now prosecuting her for telling the truth. 

Ok, so you can only show interviews of her - nothing of her actual reporting?  Was this interview part of  the issue people had with her?

Is this all hearsay - or is there footage from her reporting in the interview?  I<'m guessing it's mainly another anti-MSM grayzone interview again.

Just show us your favorite Alina report.  Why is this so hard - just one.

One of the reasons I don't watch random 40 minute videos is that it is incredibly hard to fill 40 minutes of time with useful information. If I'm lucky I might get a few minutes of gold out it. If I'm lucky. Not worth the effort.

jamie said:

Ok, so you can only show interviews of her - nothing of her actual reporting?  Was this interview part of  the issue people had with her?

Is this all hearsay - or is there footage from her reporting in the interview?  I<'m guessing it's mainly another anti-MSM grayzone interview again.

She translates Russian into German.  I got a D in German.  She is going around and interviewing citizens, who clearly are not giving the answers the West wants to hear. 

But, even if she was a lousy reporter, she should not be censored.  That's the point. You are probably glad she is being harassed and would cheer if the Grayzone got shut down. 

drummerboy said:

One of the reasons I don't watch random 40 minute videos is that it is incredibly hard to fill 40 minutes of time with useful information. If I'm lucky I might get a few minutes of gold out it. If I'm lucky. Not worth the effort.

Do we really need to hear your excuses?  You can just not watch.  There will be more censorship videos in the future, I'm sure. You can wait until you are being censored to watch one. 

Oliver stone got an F in Russian.. 

nan said:

She translates Russian into German.  I got a D in German.  She is going around and interviewing citizens, who clearly are not giving the answers the West wants to hear. 

But, even if she was a lousy reporter, she should not be censored.  That's the point. You are probably glad she is being harassed and would cheer if the Grayzone got shut down. 

link? - I have a German here who can translate for me

Jaytee said:

Oliver stone got an F in Russian.. 

Do you have evidence for that?  Did you watch the movie?

jamie said:

nan said:

link? - I have a German here who can translate for me

You probably already looked her up.  You know how to Google. 

Here is her channel:    @neuesausrussland   

Yes. It's common knowledge among, ahem, a certain population.

drummerboy said:

write down your questions for her…she will answer them all when she gets back… she’s making a quick run to Area 51.

drummerboy said:

Read the books, written by normal, stable people and then make up your mind. There are other good books too.  Those are just two that stood out for me.  It took me a long time to come around.  

Jaytee said:

drummerboy said:

write down your questions for her…she will answer them all when she gets back… she’s making a quick run to Area 51.

I'm getting ready to go to a class.  It has nothing to do with politics or aliens. I should not have to explain this.   Read some books and then make up your mind. A large percentage of people don't believe the Warren Report and I think the last commission basically said it was sorta kinda a conspiracy. 

Area51, on the other hand, I think is a distraction. 

nan said:

Yes, they are.  And the CIA did kill Kennedy.  Both of them actually.  It's sort of common knowledge now. 

We're talking about
Who killed the Kennedys?
When after all
It was you and me

nan said:

Read the books, written by normal, stable people and then make up your mind. There are other good books too.  Those are just two that stood out for me.  It took me a long time to come around.  

Normal stable people like Marx and Lenin? Only communist countries fight to keep people IN. No nation has ever freely voted to become communist…it has always come about by military force. If the concept is so great, then why does it require violence to establish and violence to maintain itself? I’m actually tired of your ****. Go to the Russian embassy and fill out an application for a visa to live and work there for a year…

For the record, communism isn't the defining feature of those countries, it's authoritarianism.

Jaytee said:

nan said:

Normal stable people like Marx and Lenin? Only communist countries fight to keep people IN. No nation has ever freely voted to become communist…it has always come about by military force. If the concept is so great, then why does it require violence to establish and violence to maintain itself? I’m actually tired of your ****. Go to the Russian embassy and fill out an application for a visa to live and work there for a year…

I was talking about the assassination of the Kennedy's.  Do you have difficulty staying on topic?

By the way, Russia has not been a Communist country since the early 1990s.  They are some form of capitalism now, not end-stage like ours.  

Maybe it's time to recycle those Encyclopedia Britannicas. 

drummerboy said:

Yeah, that would be the majority of people in the country.  Get with the program. 

Here is an article from 2017, before even more damning information came out.

Most People Believe In JFK Conspiracy Theories

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-one-thing-in-politics-most-americans-believe-in-jfk-conspiracies/
This article seems to think it's nuts to think Oswald did not act alone, but most people are not buying that and if you examined the evidence closely you would not believe it either. 

nan said:

By the way, Russia has not been a Communist country since the early 1990s.  They are some form of capitalism now, not end-stage like ours.  

Yeah - it's been a thriving democracy with free and fair elections?  Not an autocracy at all - right?  Even though Vlad will maintain power until 2036 if he's still alive.

Freedom of press - freedom of assembly also - right?

Just don't say the word "war". 

nan said:

drummerboy said:

Yeah, that would be the majority of people in the country.  Get with the program. 

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-one-thing-in-politics-most-americans-believe-in-jfk-conspiracies/
    This article seems to think it's nuts to think Oswald did not act alone, but most people are not buying that and if you examined the evidence closely you would not believe it either. 

read the freaking article. believing that Oswald did not act alone (whatever that actually means) is not the same thing as believing the CIA killed him. That's your claim.

and, of course, the vast, vast majority of those people couldn't give any kind of actual rationale for why they believe that.

I can show you many polls that show how deluded the public is about a lot of things.

jamie said:

nan said:

Yeah - it's been a thriving democracy with free and fair elections?  Not an autocracy at all - right?  Even though Vlad will maintain power until 2036 if he's still alive.

Russia is clearly more of an oligarchy that we are. Not sure why that doesn't upset nan.

jamie said:

nan said:

Not saying it's a free and open paradise.  But, since you think it's a crazy authoritarian nightmare, why do you support playing nuclear chicken?   Do you have a death wish?

jamie said:

Here is an Alina Lipp report from May. 

drummerboy said:

nan said:

drummerboy said:

read the freaking article. believing that Oswald did not act alone (whatever that actually means) is not the same thing as believing the CIA killed him. That's your claim.

and, of course, the vast, vast majority of those people couldn't give any kind of actual rationale for why they believe that.

I can show you many polls that show how deluded the public is about a lot of things.

Based on the article, "the CIA did it" is probably not the conspiracy theory that the poll respondents have in mind.

drummerboy said:

Marx wasn't stable?

nope…

nan said:

jamie said:

Here is an Alina Lipp report from May. 

again you’re using this bogus pro-kremlin twitter account!  Why?  under the guise of "UIkrainenews" unbelievable!!!!!!!!!  Is this Twitter account another one of you "alternate news" aources?????

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.