Karl Marx swilled Cutty Sarks

While Engels gave the tap a pull

Epicurus said, “Here! Any Mexican beer?”

Out came the first draft of Dos Equis

nohero said:

drummerboy said:

nan said:

drummerboy said:

Yes. It's common knowledge among, ahem, a certain population.

Yeah, that would be the majority of people in the country.  Get with the program. 

Here is an article from 2017, before even more damning information came out.

Most People Believe In JFK Conspiracy Theories

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-one-thing-in-politics-most-americans-believe-in-jfk-conspiracies/
This article seems to think it's nuts to think Oswald did not act alone, but most people are not buying that and if you examined the evidence closely you would not believe it either. 

read the freaking article. believing that Oswald did not act alone (whatever that actually means) is not the same thing as believing the CIA killed him. That's your claim.

and, of course, the vast, vast majority of those people couldn't give any kind of actual rationale for why they believe that.

I can show you many polls that show how deluded the public is about a lot of things.

Based on the article, "the CIA did it" is probably not the conspiracy theory that the poll respondents have in mind.

Many think the Mafia did it but they were hired by the CIA.   Seriously, I don't like having to stand up for this classic conspiracy theory and for years I avoided anyone who tried to talk to me about it.  But, then I finally read some books and they convinced me.  

Really, read the Lisa Pease book on RFK's assassination.  She was just an ordinary person who got into arguments on chat rooms like MOL.  She was interested in the assassination and read some things and was arguing about them on line (sound familiar?).  Anyway, as you can probably relate, she started to do more research and lots more and it became an obsession and she spent years digging through evidence and writing this book.  The amount of detail is astounding. It's not an easy read. She found stuff no one else had noticed.  

Anyway, I felt she made an incredible case and she convinced me.  I follow her on Twitter and she is back to being an ordinary person who complains about her food delivery and loves to watch whales and is looking for love and and trying to enjoy life.  Everyone once in a while she interrupts that with an expert opinion on guys who worked for the CIA in 1965 and how Syd Hersch got fed bad information.  Then it's back to the Whales and the food.   

nan said:

nohero said:

Based on the article, "the CIA did it" is probably not the conspiracy theory that the poll respondents have in mind.

Many think the Mafia did it but they were hired by the CIA.   Seriously, I don't like having to stand up for this classic conspiracy theory and for years I avoided anyone who tried to talk to me about it.  But, then I finally read some books and they convinced me.  

Based on the article, "the Mafia did it but they were hired by the CIA" is also not the conspiracy theory that the poll respondents have in mind.  

By the way, JFK Jr. is not still alive.  Just in case that was going to be made another issue, here.

nohero said:

nan said:

nohero said:

Based on the article, "the Mafia did it but they were hired by the CIA" is also not the conspiracy theory that the poll respondents have in mind.  

Well the point is most people do not think it was one lone guy.  Do you even believe that anymore?

nan said:

nohero said:

nan said:

nohero said:

Well the point is most people do not think it was one lone guy.  Do you even believe that anymore?

Who is most people? Are you referring to yourself and your merry band of lunatics?

sbenois said:

nan said:

nohero said:

nan said:

nohero said:

Who is most people? Are you referring to yourself and your merry band of lunatics?

I'm referring to myself and 61% of the people in the United States.  So according to you the majority of people in our country are happy lunatics.  

Maybe you need to move. 

I have to say this map on it's own is pure propaganda:

https://ria.ru/20220622/spetsoperatsiya-1795199102.html?in=t

They say Russia is firing around 20,000 shells a day - Ukraine 6,000.

jamie said:

I have to say this map on it's own is pure propaganda:

https://ria.ru/20220622/spetsoperatsiya-1795199102.html?in=t

They say Russia is firing around 20,000 shells a day - Ukraine 6,000.

Russia has dropped every type of missile and bomb they own on Ukraine ..with the exception of a nuclear bomb. 
    Now that the Ukrainian military is hitting them from 50 miles away with American hardware, they will start launching missiles randomly from their submarines. Putin is losing the war and it’s  frustrating him and his “groupies”. Ukraine is paying a heavy price for its freedom from this fascist animal. Yes it’s fascism. Period!

well, this might be interesting. From an email, so no link.

The Intercept is indexing a massive trove of data hacked from the Russian government following the invasion of Ukraine — a gold mine that could contain countless revelations about the inner workings of President Vladimir Putin’s regime.

These files include 14 terabytes of data from Russian federal government agencies, state-owned media, law firms, and the world’s largest pipeline company. The minute we got our hands on it, we knew that we had something truly remarkable.

drummerboy said:

The Intercept is indexing a massive trove of data hacked from the Russian government following the invasion of Ukraine — a gold mine that could contain countless revelations about the inner workings of President Vladimir Putin’s regime.

These files include 14 terabytes of data from Russian federal government agencies, state-owned media, law firms, and the world’s largest pipeline company. The minute we got our hands on it, we knew that we had something truly remarkable.

I haven't found anything to back that story up yet other than a single tweet, and that's not from The Intercept, so I would "pinch of salt" this until we know for sure.

ridski said:

drummerboy said:

I haven't found anything to back that story up yet other than a single tweet, and that's not from The Intercept, so I would "pinch of salt" this until we know for sure.

The email I got was from The Intercept.

drummerboy said:

Okay. I guess at some point they'll tell the rest of us.

ridski said:

drummerboy said:

Okay. I guess at some point they'll tell the rest of us.

The email I got was partly a fund raising request.  14TB is a lot of data to go through. No point in overly publicizing it until they've actually got something.

Article from the Intercept about hacked Russian information.

Russia Is Losing a War Against Hackers (theintercept.com)

"One of the barriers for non-Russian news organizations is language: The hacked data is principally in Russian. Additionally, hacked datasets always come with considerable technical challenges. The Intercept, which was founded in part to report on the archive of National Security Agency documents leaked by Edward Snowden, has been using our technical resources to build out tools to make these Russian datasets searchable and then sharing access to these tools with other journalists. Russian-speaking journalists from Meduza — which is forced to operate in Latvia to avoid the Kremlin’s reach — have already published a story based on one of the datasets indexed by The Intercept."

nohero said:

"One of the barriers for non-Russian news organizations is language: The hacked data is principally in Russian. Additionally, hacked datasets always come with considerable technical challenges. The Intercept, which was founded in part to report on the archive of National Security Agency documents leaked by Edward Snowden, has been using our technical resources to build out tools to make these Russian datasets searchable and then sharing access to these tools with other journalists. Russian-speaking journalists from Meduza — which is forced to operate in Latvia to avoid the Kremlin’s reach — have already published a story based on one of the datasets indexed by The Intercept."

Just want to note that this article is from April and is not about the current leak.

Do you suppose we'll learn that the Russians were giving the separatists in the Donbas cookies? I hear that's a sure sign of coups and skullduggery.

drummerboy said:

nohero said:

Just want to note that this article is from April and is not about the current leak.

From what you quoted, I don't know if it's referring to something new, or just as you quoted, "The Intercept is indexing a massive trove of data hacked from the Russian government following the invasion of Ukraine"

drummerboy said:

nohero said:

drummerboy said:

nohero said:

From what you quoted, I don't know if it's referring to something new, or just as you quoted, "The Intercept is indexing a massive trove of data hacked from the Russian government following the invasion of Ukraine"

drummerboy said:

Well, I would take the phrase "is indexing" to mean that they've got something new.

We'll have to see I guess.

Russia Says It’s Losing Because Ukraine Has Experimental Mutant Troops Created in Secret Biolabs….

Jaytee said:

Russia Says It’s Losing Because Ukraine Has Experimental Mutant Troops Created in Secret Biolabs….

hmmm. I just watched Robocop - The Director's Cut

coincidence?

I think not!

drummerboy said:

Jaytee said:

coincidence?

I think not!

You're just making fun because you've been brainwashed by the MSM.

drummerboy said:

Jaytee said:

coincidence?

I think not!

There’s a director’s cut?!

ridski said:

drummerboy said:

Jaytee said:

coincidence?

I think not!

There’s a director’s cut?!

Yeah. Apparently the original cut was X-Rated, so they toned down a lot of the violence (read gore), and the Director's Cut put it back in.

The scene where they shoot up Murphy is pretty brutal.

drummerboy said:

Yeah. Apparently the original cut was X-Rated, so they toned down a lot of the violence (read gore), and the Director's Cut put it back in.

The scene where they shoot up Murphy is pretty brutal.

In a few movies, the US version is cut harder than the European version and vice versa (like Blade Runner for instance), so I'd be intrigued to see if there was a difference, or if we just saw the US version. Either way, the version I saw was pretty damn brutal enough.

Settlement in Turkey has been reached to get the grain exports moving.  Russia needs Ukraine to remove their mines from the Black Sea.

I'm incredibly skeptical about this.

https://ria.ru/20220721/zerno-1804137232.html

Russia says it will not interfere with the passage of grain if the mines are removed from the ports.

But it feels like he's getting an obstacle removed that will make it easier to progress into Odessa.  I hope I'm wrong.

I would imagine that Odessa is well-enough protected with anti-ship missiles at this point.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.