Twitter is a Private Company

Elon Musk might be the reptilian those people on YouTube talk about constantly…he said Soros reminded him of Magneto, the mutant anti-hero in the X-Men comics who harbors hatred toward humans and protects mutants by any means necessary….is he annoyed that Soros is not protecting him? Is he annoyed that Soros uses his money to help humanity and he doesn’t? 
Complete moron!

I recently read (and think even Stan Lee may have corroborated) that Magneto has a possible background (like Soros) as a Holocaust survivor. Via Wikipedia's entry on him: "Writers have since fleshed out his origins and motivations, revealing him to be a Holocaust survivor whose extreme methods and cynical philosophy derive from his determination to protect mutants from suffering a similar fate at the hands of a world that fears and persecutes mutants."  So the comparison is apt, though lost on Musk somehow, who likely never read any comics.

dave said:

I recently read (and think even Stan Lee may have corroborated) that Magneto has a possible background (like Soros) as a Holocaust survivor. Via Wikipedia's entry on him: "Writers have since fleshed out his origins and motivations, revealing him to be a Holocaust survivor whose extreme methods and cynical philosophy derive from his determination to protect mutants from suffering a similar fate at the hands of a world that fears and persecutes mutants."  So the comparison is apt, though lost on Musk somehow, who likely never read any comics.

I’m the movies, he is Jewish, his power activates at the gates of Auschwitz, and he’s experimented on by the Nazis during WW2. So while Musk may never have read any comics (I don’t believe that, he’s a massive nerd in the best sense) he’s definitely seen the films, which adds a whole George Soros - powerful Jew that wants to control the world vibe to the comparison.

paulsurovell said:

PVW said:

paulsurovell said:

Many years ago Judge Brandeis enshrined the principle that the solution to bad speech is not censorship but more speech. That's the principle that Elon Musk follows in general and in the specific case of Greta Thunberg

And rejects it in the specific case of Ron DeSantis.

I'd argue that the latter case -- which involves supporting someone with real political power in the physcal world using the force of the state to suppress speech and action he disagrees with -- far outweighs whatever free speech pose he's adopting online.

Musk's "support" for DeSantis is a bit exaggerated.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2022/11/elon-musk-desantis-supporter-tweet/

Ron DeSantis will launch his presidential bid with Elon Musk (NBC News)

Someone posted the whole of John Wick 4 on Twitter so that was my afternoon.

dave said:

smile
ooh, link?

I can't tell if you really want this or if you're joking about it. But as of this time, the tweet is still up, and I wouldn't want this site to get into trouble, so just search John Wick 4, no hashtag, and it was the first tweet that came up, or check for @Mc_Phils.

DeSantis and Musk on Twitter this evening as he officially announces he’s running for president. I’m looking forward to seeing you guys posting bits and pieces for us to comment on. 
Musk is far right and any liberal who bought a Tesla should trade it in. 

I read the headlines before my coffee, so I for a moment thought Musk was meatball Ron's VP pick.

Not eligible, per the 12th amendment:

"no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall
be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States"

https://constitution.congress.gov/constitution/amendment-12/

I had wondered that myself and learned about the 12th amendment thanks to a poster on another online community I'm part of.

PVW said:

Not eligible, per the 12th amendment:

"no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall
be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States"

https://constitution.congress.gov/constitution/amendment-12/

I had wondered that myself and learned about the 12th amendment thanks to a poster on another online community I'm part of.

Never will we have an Afrikaan American as potus or vpotus. Bad enough he has a platform to use for his white supremacy bullsiht 

Jaytee said:

Never will we have an Afrikaan American as potus or vpotus.

Don't even think about it, Dave Matthews!

And just what the hell is Twitter Spaces anyway?

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1djGXlRYrVVGZ
Here you go. 

[Edited to add] Apparently, there was a crash.

But it's an Elon product, so not a surprise.

drummerboy said:

And just what the hell is Twitter Spaces anyway?

No idea. I'll probably just DVR it and watch later.

For fans of schadenfreude, Musk Twitter is the gift that keeps on giving:

DeSantis 2024 kickoff on Twitter plagued by technical issues (WaPo)

The servers were melting down because of the sheer millions of people logged on to witness this historic moment…

Countdown to blaming China... 9-8-7-6....

Despite the screw-up there will likely be more:

Of course there will be more screw ups… the man is a liar. 

Cars with bullet proof glass….that’s a lie.

Cars that drives itself…. That’s a lie.

Servers melting down because of too many people logged on…

Having blind faith is one thing, being a disciple is a whole other level of stupidity.

paulsurovell said:

No doubt.

paulsurovell said:

why?

interactive live streams that actually work have been around for many years. Why does anyone need to use one that isn't yet technically ready?

here's one that would have been better for DeSantis:

https://www.twitch.tv/

Whatever the political ramifications, last nights fiasco was a joy to behold, two very bad men ruining each others careers. Karma in action (at least on a small scale).

GoSlugs said:

Whatever the political ramifications, last nights fiasco was a joy to behold, two very bad men ruining each others careers. Karma in action (at least on a small scale).

one of them said he wanted to be with the other one because he was a “normal” guy?

I swear you can’t make up this siht! All these freaks are suffering from the “messiah syndrome”. 

"Usually when Musk has a launch go this badly, somebody could get hurt, and the people nearby have to deal with smoldering debris. At least that did not happen here. It was like an experimental high-concept symphony: governor and billionaire, silent for 20 minutes, with hold music. For so long, Twitter has been failing to work in a way that has made people upset. But this time Twitter failed in a way that brought people delight. I, for one, cherished it."

Alexandra Petri in the Washington Post

PVW said:

Ron DeSantis Relaunches Presidential Campaign From Inside Burning Tesla

(The Onion)

Meanwhile, in the real world, a day after De Santis's Twitter Spaces debut, Elon Musk hosted another Twitter Space with Ford Motor Co CEO Jim Farley.

In the space Farley and Musk discussed Elon's latest significant contribution to the fight against climate change -- a joint venture with the Ford Motor Co that will give Ford EVs access to Tesla's dominant super charger system.  This is a great development that will accelerate the transition from fossil-fuel burning cars to electric vehicles.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/26/ford-tesla-ev-charging-deal-puts-pressure-on-gm.html

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!