What has Jimmy Dore been up to?

Let's see how Jimmy Dore weighs in on the LIz Truss "It's my duty as Prime Minister to push the nuclear button" comment.  

Yeah, I'm sure that's worth watching.

drummerboy said:

It was actually fairly funny. The whole thing invites parody.  If SNL were even half decent they would do a hilarious spoof of her bragging about pushing the button.  But, even if they try it won't be good.  Dore might be the closest we get to understanding the absurdity of a sourball faced woman in the UK being in charge of ending the world. 

They also go over how she's very unpopular and hardly anyone thinks she can do the job. 

nan said:

drummerboy said:

It was actually fairly funny. The whole thing invites parody.  If SNL were even half decent they would do a hilarious spoof of her bragging about pushing the button.  But, even if they try it won't be good.  Dore might be the closest we get to understanding the absurdity of a sourball faced woman in the UK being in charge of ending the world. 

Still waiting for that answer.

Did Dore mention that the question was what she would do in response to a nuclear attack.

Betcha he left that part out.

nan said:

Let's see how Jimmy Dore weighs in on the LIz Truss "It's my duty as Prime Minister to push the nuclear button" comment.  

Who in their right mind could think that Jimmy Dore would have anything useful to say about this?

Could you imagine what the news would be like if they relied on tweets as much as Jimmy does.  I honestly don't know what to call this show - I guess it's pure entertainment for the anti-MSM crowd.

It reminds so much of the Z Morning Zoo back in the day.  I'm embarrassed it's on here.

nohero said:

nan said:

Who in their right mind could think that Jimmy Dore would have anything useful to say about this?

I started watching this just to see how he would distort it, and at about a minute in, he pretends that she's willing to start a nuclear war.

so nan, is that just Dore's famous humor? Or is he, you know, lying?

Why you still watch this guy, I dunno.

Jimmy Dore is the Rupert Pupkin of Tucker Carlsons.

Jimmy is a drama king….and that’s the type of people he attracts. 

drummerboy said:

nohero said:

nan said:

I started watching this just to see how he would distort it, and at about a minute in, he pretends that she's willing to start a nuclear war.

Liz Truss would do anything including start a nuclear war.  She is famous for changing her position with the wind.  She used to be against Brexit and now she's for it, yadayayada.   

Those remarks she made and the applause was as scary as anything Stephen King ever wrote.  Jimmy Dore is not the problem here.  He did nothing wrong.  In fact, anyway you spin this negatively makes you in the right.   This is just sooooooooooooooooooooooo  wrong.  

Which makes you on the wrong side.  As usual.  

Jaytee said:

Jimmy is a drama king….and that’s the type of people he attracts. 

Really, and what scientific study is this "fact" based on?   

nan said:

drummerboy said:

nohero said:

nan said:

Liz Truss would do anything including start a nuclear war.  She is famous for changing her position with the wind.  She used to be against Brexit and now she's for it, yadayayada.   

Those remarks she made and the applause was as scary as anything Stephen King ever wrote.  Jimmy Dore is not the problem here.  He did nothing wrong.  In fact, anyway you spin this negatively makes you in the right.   This is just sooooooooooooooooooooooo  wrong.  

You are not a serious person.

drummerboy said:

nan said:

drummerboy said:

nohero said:

nan said:

You are not a serious person.

What does it mean to be a "serious person?"  I spend my time arguing with you on MOL.  Why would I even need to be a "serious person?"  The whole project is straight out of Clown World.   

nan said:

What does it mean to be a "serious person?"  I spend my time arguing with you on MOL.  Why would I even need to be a "serious person?"  The whole project is straight out of Clown World.   

That's a sad commentary.

nan,

re Dore - every time I decide to watch one of his videos, I find him lying. I'm pretty sure I'm batting 1.000 on that.

I point out the lies to you, and you ignore them or excuse them.

Why do you do that? Do you like people lying to you?

It’s like the masochist saying to the sadist…”beat me, beat me”….and the sadist replies… NO

drummerboy said:

nan said:

That's a sad commentary.

I enjoy being here discussing world events.  Seems better use of time than playing that Wordle game or watching more princess movies on Netflix.  By doing this we have all become much more informed about a major event than the average person.  But, we are not taking this on the road to YouTube or fame or fortune anytime soon.  I'm realistic. grin

drummerboy said:

nan,

re Dore - every time I decide to watch one of his videos, I find him lying. I'm pretty sure I'm batting 1.000 on that.

I point out the lies to you, and you ignore them or excuse them.

Why do you do that? Do you like people lying to you?

He does not lie.  He does not always fully understand what he's talking about and that's why he brings on experts to tell him.  He learns along with the audience and sometimes he misses the point. He's good at alerting people to a topic as a starting point. I would never rely on Jimmy Dore  himself as the last word on any topic.  

He calls out the establishment in a way no one else dares to.  He has his strengths and weaknesses just like every other news commentator.  Because he's been successful lots of less successful people attack him as a way to get more attention for themselves. 

He's funny and unique and I enjoy listening to him--I don't listen to every video and I avoid the ones where he does parodies of famous people.  He's not for everyone.  

nan said:

He does not lie. 

You are hopeless. He says things that are not true and then does not correct himself, regardless of his guest "experts". This is called lying.

Did you look at the section of your last posted video at about the one minute mark, where he says that Truss said she was willing to start a nuclear war? She said no such thing. Not even close.

That's called a lie. And a pretty freaking bad one.

And you lap it up and stick it into your fact base and then regurgitate it to us.

And clearly if you can't tell an obvious lie like that, you'll never see the more subtle lies that most of your favorite sources tell you.

drummerboy said:

nan said:

He does not lie. 

You are hopeless. He says things that are not true and then does not correct himself, regardless of his guest "experts". This is called lying.

Did you look at the section of your last posted video at about the one minute mark, where he says that Truss said she was willing to start a nuclear war? She said no such thing. Not even close.

That's called a lie. And a pretty freaking bad one.

And you lap it up and stick it into your fact base and then regurgitate it to us.

And clearly if you can't tell an obvious lie like that, you'll never see the more subtle lies that most of your favorite sources tell you.

Getting a fact wrong is not lying unless it is deliberate.  It's just being misinformed or sloppy.  Or stoned.  

Like I said, Jimmy Dore is not for everyone. 

I've rarely seen a Jimmy Bore video where he hasn't been knowingly deceptive.   Maybe it's not a lie - but it's not reporting either.  It's feeding his base and his pockets that is all.

nan said:

Getting a fact wrong is not lying unless it is deliberate.  It's just being misinformed or sloppy.  Or stoned.  

Jimmy Dore gets the George Costanza defense.

nan said:

Which gets back to my earlier point -

nohero said:

nan said:

nan said:

Just amazing.

drummerboy said:

nan said:

Just amazing.

You listen to mainstream media that deliberately lies to you all the time.  And you are fine with that.  So, why focus on Jimmy Dore, who tries to tell the truth and and occasionally screws up because he's bringing attention to problems, not doing deep dives?

Seems hypocritical to me.  

nohero said:

nan said:

It's also not a lie if it's true, which is the usual on Jimmy Dore.  He's not perfect, but his tract record is way beyond yours. 

jamie said:

I've rarely seen a Jimmy Bore video where he hasn't been knowingly deceptive.   Maybe it's not a lie - but it's not reporting either.  It's feeding his base and his pockets that is all.

How do you know that he's "knowingly deceptive?"   That seems a serious accusation that would require some major evidence to prove.  None of your anti-Jimmy Videos have come close to doing that. 

How many lies could main stream media get away with before they’re out of business? Jimmy has no overhead no staff to pay, he’s a one man circus. But some people have a fetish for clowns and villains…

nan said:

nohero said:

nan said:

It's also not a lie if it's true, which is the usual on Jimmy Dore.  He's not perfect, but his tract record is way beyond yours. 

And you can prove that with Jimmy Dore videos.

Jaytee said:

How many lies could main stream media get away with before they’re out of business? Jimmy has no overhead no staff to pay, he’s a one man circus. But some people have a fetish for clowns and villains…

The mainstream media is paid to lie.  They just say anyone who disagrees with them is giving "Russian information" and you believe it.  They are loosing viewership, hence the big shakeup at CNN.  They may well go out of business. 

Jimmy has a huge audience because people know the mainstream media is lying so they do better with Jimmy and others (who are more hardcore journalists).  

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.