The Kavanaugh Hearing

Do PH.D Psychologists from the Mid-West use different terms?

peaceinourtime said:

Yup, well those partisans can Google "hippocampus." Maybe learn something.

She needed an explanation of "exculpatory".

Catching some chatter from those on the right - are watching this and believe she's a liar.

Fox News highlights the fact that she couldn't name who paid for the Lie detector test.  

So maybe the Foxers are saying she's a liar because the lie detector test was rigged?

Trump junior questions her fear of flying.

I wasn’t able to watch. 

How did the Republican prosecutor that the R Senators ceded their time to come across?

jamie said:

Just another entry in the "Junior sure is a tool" file.

nohero said:

jamie said:
 Just another entry in the "Junior sure is a tool" file.

Me thinks Jr is the slow one in the family. 

Warning everyone. Not one mean word about Cory.

jimmurphy said:
I wasn’t able to watch. 

How did the Republican prosecutor that the R Senators ceded their time to come across?

From Steve Schmidt's twitter: 
"Every GOP campaign strategist and Hill staffer wishes they had the button to open the trap door under Rachel Mitchell’s chair. What a total and complete Political disaster for Republicans."

LOST said:
Do PH.D Psychologists from the Mid-West use different terms?

peaceinourtime said:

Yup, well those partisans can Google "hippocampus." Maybe learn something.
 She needed an explanation of "exculpatory".

Of course not. 

I don't think this is going to be a political disaster for Republicans.  They aren't losing GOP women over this.  And they didn't have much hope to get the votes of many other women.  IMHO too many liberals keep thinking that the Republican Party is going to reach some tipping point and their misogyny is going to hurt them with their base.  It's just not going to happen.  The only way this can be disastrous for them is if it motivates a lot of former non-voters to register and come out to vote for Democrats.

The Biggest Divides On The Kavanaugh Allegations Are By Party — Not Gender

They keep going back to the funding of her legal fees. I'm sure the conspiracy theorists will uncover that it was by George Soros.

ml1 said:
I don't think this is going to be a political disaster for Republicans.  They aren't losing GOP women over this.  And they didn't have much hope to get the votes of many other women.  IMHO too many liberals keep thinking that the Republican Party is going to reach some tipping point and their misogyny is going to hurt them with their base.  It's just not going to happen.  The only way this can be disastrous for them is if it motivates a lot of former non-voters to register and come out to vote for Democrats.

Yup. That sounds like it might qualify as,a "disaster," politically at least.

Morganna said:
They keep going back to the funding of her legal fees. I'm sure the conspiracy theorists will uncover that it was by George Soros.

This is when you know they believe her story.  They start flinging dust to try and distract from the facts with nonsense that's irrelevant to whether or not the accusation it true.

peaceinourtime said:

ml1 said:

if it happened.  But people who don't vote and never have voted don't usually become voters.

And the woman I have been waiting for since this hearing was announced. Kamala Harris.

Can't wait for Kamala to question Kavanaugh.

ml1 said:

ml1 said:

peaceinourtime said:

ml1 said:
 if it happened.  But people who don't vote and never have voted don't usually become voters.

Not usually, but nothing about any of this is usual or ordinary. Millions of Americans are watching this right now. Airlines report every seat tv turned to this channel, waiting rooms with this on the tv, kind of like the OJ trial. It remains to be seen what will happen. 

peaceinourtime said:

It remains to be seen what will happen. 

it always remains to be seen what will happen. 

ml1 said:

peaceinourtime said:

Yes, so i suggest we stop worrying about how some people don't believe her. Of course there are the Lindsay Grahams of the world, coming out of the woodwork. That's democracy in action. However, this lady's compelling testimony is...just that.

Are they gonna punt Kavanaugh til tomorrow?  For some reason I thought today was gonna be her in the morning and him in the afternoon. This thing is gonna go til 8:00 being that they're still on her and I'm sure a big break is ahead. 

peaceinourtime said:

ml1 said:

peaceinourtime said:

Yes, so i suggest we stop worrying about how some people don't believe her. Of course there are the Lindsay Grahams of the world, coming out of the woodwork. That's democracy in action. However, this lady's compelling testimony is...just that.

personally I'm not "worrying" about it.  And regardless of what happens politically, it is noteworthy how these allegations are being dismissed by a lot of people.  It shows that as far as we've come in dealing seriously with accusations of sexual assault, there's still a long way to go.

Doubtful. Trump and McConnell have been crying about how long this is dragging on already. Of course, there is no real timeline - this is a lifetime appointment, and it's reasonable to take all the time in the world. But the Reps want this done and put to a vote. If they lose, it gives them time to put someone else in before the end of the year. I'm sure Trump already has the name of the next nominee.

Smedley said:
Are they gonna punt Kavanaugh til tomorrow?  For some reason I thought today was gonna be her in the morning and him in the afternoon. This thing is gonna go til 8:00 being that they're still on her and I'm sure a big break is ahead. 

This can't be good for Republicans either way (except that they may get this jerk on the SC).  If he's confirmed, there will be many who were undecided who pull the D lever.  If he isn't confirmed, it's back to the drawing board with the clock ticking.

jeffl said:
This can't be good for Republicans either way (except that they may get this jerk on the SC).  If he's confirmed, there will be many who were undecided who pull the D lever.  If he isn't confirmed, it's back to the drawing board with the clock ticking.

Perhaps, but if K isn't confirmed and there's still an open SC seat at the mid-terms, that can motivate a lot of the Republicans to get out and vote. The open Scalia/Garland seat is what motivated a lot of Reps to vote for Trump in '16, even if they didn't like him.

Both sides are going to be motivated by this.

It looks like Dr. Ford's lawyer is going to be seated directly behind Judge Kavanaugh. 

What I think Dems should ask Kavanaugh -

"Would you prefer that you be believed, against Dr. Blasey Ford's allegations?"

"Are you aware that she has named Mark Judge as someone who was there?"

"Are you aware that he has disputed this?"

"Would you think his testimony would be helpful with respect to having you believed?"

Conclusion: "It's only fair to you, Judge Kavanaugh, that this witness appear before any vote on your credibility in this regard."

I am afraid my sixth sense, based on the current atmospherics, says he's going to be confirmed.  The same aggressiveness that you hear in his voice  now is what attacked Dr. Ford as well as what will get him confirmed, what 'wins" in this crazy culture we are in.

Whoa!

Brett comes out swinging. He's practically yelling. Very angry.

He's sounding kind of whiny actually.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.