The October debate thread (no videos)

Klinker said:

conandrob240 said:

Harris is just full of herself. I can’t stand her.

Its weird but I hear that from a lot of people.  Politically, she is pretty far to the right of me on a fair number of issues and she definitely wouldn't be my first, second or third choice but, on a personal level, I kind of like her.  She's funny. That line about the "little dude" still makes me laugh.

I really liked Harris in the beginning since she seemed wicked smart, well prepared, and to see things from multiple points of view. She appeared to use all that to make rational choices, defend them well, and adjust if new information came to light.

But her preparation, choices, defense of them, and adjustments, seemed to slip after her first big bump up in the polls. 

I watched something discussing the policy of arresting parents of truant kids in California. While Harris indicated regret for the policy's outcome of arrests, she did not say what she learned from that policy or what a better policy is/would have been to improve outcomes. This could have been an easy way for her to demonstrate expertise, growth, and understanding of a complex issue she had worked with (and a progressive rather than a prosecutor perspective). It surprised (and disappointed) me that she did not.

I liked Harris initially, because I was a fan of her prosecutorial style in Senate committee hearings. Somewhere along the line I've decided she would be a great AG.

STANV said:

Twitter's response

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/16/politics/twitter-kamala-harris-trump-account/index.html

I'm not sure that I'm clear on twitter's stance but I'll admit that if they did close his account it would alleviate a great deal of stress and eliminate a huge amount of anger. Even if they closed it for his final year it would be like a mini vacation.

I avoid twitter but it pops up on FB, on the news and right here on MOL so it still adds to the general aggravation of this presidency.

Klinker said:

conandrob240 said:

Harris is just full of herself. I can’t stand her.

Its weird but I hear that from a lot of people.  Politically, she is pretty far to the right of me on a fair number of issues and she definitely wouldn't be my first, second or third choice but, on a personal level, I kind of like her.  She's funny. That line about the "little dude" still makes me laugh.

It was dumb. She thinks she’s cool and funny and that’s the problem. She’s neither.

conandrob240 said:

It was dumb. She thinks she’s cool and funny and that’s the problem. She’s neither.

I don't know.  She makes me laugh. That said, having read your posts here for years, I suspect that you and I have radically different senses of humor.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.