The South Carolina Debate thread

drummerboy said:

reservationgirl said:

reservationgirl said:

Why is nobody talking about how badly that debate was handled by CBS??? No rules, apparently, candidates fighting over each other to say something, and cheering and BOOING from the audience?! Was this a Trump rally or a democratic debate?!

And really, how could anyone look their best under the circumstances?

You're right. CBS managed this horribly. I think they've taken a lot of heat for it. Hopefully they'll learn something.

Absolutely!

ml1 said:

DaveSchmidt said:

I’m glad you’re here in these discussions, Smedley. If the idea that you’re up against a clique motivates you to stick around, presume away.

how to I get to join this clique?  Sometimes it feels like nobody here from the left, right or center agrees with me.

I often agree with you. rolleyes

Neither Mike Bloomberg or most who discuss his Stop and Frisk policy have dealt with the essential underlying racism. His apology seems to be that it was overdone and that he eventually cut it down.

If in response to Bernie Madoff's conviction a politician had suggested investigating all middle-aged white Jewish men for fraud that person would have rightly been labeled an anti-semite.

Madoff's ethnicity, color, religion, gender or age had nothing to do with his being a crook. The fact that a 16 year old commits a crime has nothing to do with his age, color gender. He's a criminal. Responding by targeting for investigation all of those who are of the same  age and gender, but particularly color  is the essence of racism.

STANV said:

Neither Mike Bloomberg or most who discuss his Stop and Frisk policy have dealt with the essential underlying racism. His apology seems to be that it was overdone and that he eventually cut it down.

If in response to Bernie Madoff's conviction a politician had suggested investigating all middle-aged white Jewish men for fraud that person would have rightly been labeled an anti-semite.

Madoff's ethnicity, color, religion, gender or age had nothing to do with his being a crook. The fact that a 16 year old commits a crime has nothing to do with his age, color gender. He's a criminal. Responding by targeting for investigation all of those who are of the same  age and gender, but particularly color  is the essence of racism.

Should historical statistical data be used in order to attempt to prevent crime (rather than only responding to it after it occurs)?

RealityForAll said:

Should historical statistical data be used in order to attempt to prevent crime (rather than only responding to it after it occurs)?

should a crime prevention effort be employed in which 99% of the people it was used against were innocent of any crime?

ml1 said:

RealityForAll said:

should a crime prevention effort be employed in which 99% of the people it was used against were innocent of any crime?

Does it make it any better if 20% of the adult portion of the targeted group have a "record" or are on probation or parole?

RealityForAll said:

Does it make it any better if 20% of the adult portion of the targeted group have a "record" or are on probation or parole?

No. Why would you think it would?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!