The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

ml1 said:

mtierney said:
and you your’s
but you just wrote above about 
mtierney said:
Harping and bickering have wrought the real DNC conflict of the future  — the dazzling rise of its liberal wing. The current leaders better start looking over their shoulders and start working.
you don't find "harping and bickering" within cults.

No. What you find among cults are 90% approval ratings for abominable behavior.

drummerboy said:

ml1 said:

you don't find "harping and bickering" within cults
No. What you find among cults are 90% approval ratings for abominable behavior.

An exception, per Wikipedia:

“During the tour for Fire of Unknown Origin, Albert Bouchard had a falling out with the others and left the band.”

That's an obscure reference to drum up.

Meanwhile... https://theintercept.com/2019/05/24/us-saudi-arabia-arms-sales/

THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION chose the Friday afternoon before Memorial Day weekend to invoke an obscure state-of-emergency provision that would allow it to sell billions of dollars in weapons to Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates without giving Congress a chance to block the sale.

A Democratic congressional source told The Intercept on Friday that the administration was using the measure to clear a backlog of more than 20 proposed arms sales to Saudi Arabia and the UAE, many of which would be blocked if they came to a vote in the Senate.

So many emergencies, requiring emergency measures. 

The emergency measure to fund a border wall. The national security emergency to invoke tariffs. And now the emergency measure to sell our weapons.

Is congress needed when the defacto reality is government by fiat?

However, the real fault lies with congress by so empowering the office of the president. I wonder how congress will feel when or if it realizes it has empowered itself into irrelevance.

I'm also wondering we're again reading about thousands more US troops being sent over, when I thought you were bringing them home?

I'm getting dizzy from all these 180-degree turns. 

BG9 said:
The emergency measure to fund a border wall. The national security emergency to invoke tariffs. And now the emergency measure to sell our weapons.
However, the real fault lies with congress by so empowering the office of the president. I wonder how congress will feel when or if it realizes it has empowered itself into irrelevance.

On the subject of Congress empowering the President, I just loved how the Congressional act which gave the President emergency powers, and then allowed the Senate and House to vote their disapproval for a particular case, then allowed the President to veto the disapproval.

Kinda defeats the whole purpose ya know?

drummerboy said:

BG9 said:
 On the subject of Congress empowering the President, I just loved how the Congressional act which gave the President emergency powers, and then allowed the Senate and House to vote their disapproval for a particular case, then allowed the President to veto the disapproval.
Kinda defeats the whole purpose ya know?

I am just wondering where this will leave us after the Trump rule comes to an end. Will this set precedent for future Presidents and limit congressional oversight? Or will it even blow up the whole system? The latter would not be bad, because the US system clearly does not work very well, much better to turn it into a real representative democracy based on one-person-one-vote.

No words. 

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1132413516063870977?s=21

Post edited to add - - the tweet was deleted. Wonder why.  

Edited again to add - - there was a replacement tweet at 9:30 pm. Other than correcting the “Bidan” misspelling, it’s the same. 

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1132459370816708608?s=21

Hey, he single-handedly turned the US into the laughing stock of the world, within a few short years. No small accomplishment!

mtierney said:
“Laughing stock of the world.”  

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/05/26/us/greyhound-immigration.html

Putting that line in quotes leaves one to believe it came from the link, which it did not.

So, +1 for dishonesty.

OTOH, you're right about being a laughingstock, but it sure isn't because of our immigration policies. (**cough** trump **cough**)

If there were a "Laughingstock of Maplewood Online", who would it be?

drummerboy said:
Putting that line in quotes leaves one to believe it came from the link, which it did not.
So, +1 for dishonesty.
OTOH, you're right about being a laughingstock, but it sure isn't because of our immigration policies. (**cough** trump **cough**)

Try re-reading Basil aka KIinker’s post.

mtierney said:
Try re-reading Basil aka KIinker’s post.

You finally figured it out! Klinker and I are actually the same person! I am so glad we don't have to be secretive anymore, the whole world can know it now! Klinker and I are one! I feel so relieved! Thank you so much!

Chuckle....

Please mtierney, by all means, check with Jaimie on this one.  I can assure you that you are braying up the wrong tree.

The fact that your politics and ethics appall the both of us just shows that we have both been paying attention.

brings back memories when Democrates failed to slay the Kavanaugh lion, but made them self- destruct in the public arena!

I think it was Heracles, not Democrates, who was tasked with slaying the Kavanaugh lion.

mtierney said:
brings back memories when Democrates failed to slay the Kavanaugh lion, but made them self- destruct in the public arena!

Is that how you saw those hearings?  My takeaway was that the Dems let everyone know that the GOP was the kind of party that would put a rapist on the Supreme Court and then the Republicans proved that the Dems were right.

I certainly wouldn't characterized the mid term election that followed as "self destruction".

Klinker said:
Chuckle....
Please mtierney, 

you are braying up the wrong tree.

I see what you did there.   

drummerboy said:
 I love the way she makes Fox News and the rest of the right-wing go bananas.

Isn’t this sentiment just “stiggin’ it” to the Republicans?  Aren’t we supposed to be better than that?

jimmurphy said:

drummerboy said:
 I love the way she makes Fox News and the rest of the right-wing go bananas.
 Isn’t this sentiment just “stiggin’ it” to the Republicans?  Aren’t we supposed to be better than that?

This addiction to "being better than that" will be the death of liberal America.  When you fight a dirty fighter, you have to gouge their eyes, knee them in the groin and spit in their face before they can do the same to you.  For too many years, we have been just taking it, all the time wondering when the GOP is going to catch on that they are supposed to play fair.  Waiting for the GOP to come to their senses is what got us Justices Gorsuch and Grabby.

We need to knock the GOP to the ground and make them hurt so bad they never want to get up.  Damn right we need to stick it to the Republicans and, as Jon Snow would say, we need to make sure we do it with the pointy end.

And if you needed any further evidence.

Thomas cites eugenics, says Supreme Court will have to address abortion 'soon'

Another GOP lawmaker blocks massive disaster aid package

The dream of checks and balances and bipartisan power sharing is dead.  We are in a war.  Its about time we started acting like it.

jimmurphy said:

not at all. Stigginit is about doing stupid **** only because it causes liberal tears. AOC is trying to do serious work, and as an unintended byproduct it's making the cons' heads explode. 

ml1 said:

jimmurphy said:
 not at all. Stigginit is about doing stupid **** only because it causes liberal tears. AOC is trying to do serious work, and as an unintended byproduct it's making the cons' heads explode. 

yes, that's what I was gonna say.

ml1 said:

I wasn’t questioning the substance of AOC’s work, just the glee in the annoyance of the Republicans.

jimmurphy said:
 I wasn’t questioning the substance of AOC’s work, just the glee in the annoyance of the Republicans.

unfortunately there's not much funny about it. 

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Reveals Chilling Morning Ritual In Face Of Death Threats

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.