The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

ml1 said:

It's going to be a bloodbath for whole country.  And the car industry is "going to be the least of it." He's obviously talking about more than the auto industry. 

It's not a distortion of what he said to focus on the "if I don't get elected, it's going to be a bloodbath."

this is so friggin obvious, but will completely go over the heads of Trumpers, who will insist that's not what he meant, and in the next breath, talk about the need for Civil War.

drummerboy said:

ml1 said:

It's going to be a bloodbath for whole country.  And the car industry is "going to be the least of it." He's obviously talking about more than the auto industry. 

It's not a distortion of what he said to focus on the "if I don't get elected, it's going to be a bloodbath."

this is so friggin obvious, but will completely go over the heads of Trumpers, who will insist that's not what he meant, and in the next breath, talk about the need for Civil War.

Trump's entire speeches are full of tangents. So for him to go from the auto industry, to saying his loss would mean a "bloodbath", back to referring to the auto industry is typical of the way he speaks. Just because two sentences follow each other in a Trump speech doesn't mean they actually relate to each other.

Getting back to President Biden’s basket of questionable relatives and shady dealings, there is this from the WSJ today…

https://www.wsj.com/opinion?mod=breadcrumb

Requests for the article in full will be honored. It is a doozy.

mtierney said:

Getting back to President Biden’s basket of questionable relatives and shady dealings, there is this from the WSJ today…

since when did you start caring about a president's questionable relatives and shady dealings?

“basket of questionable relatives and shady dealings“ 

I literally laughed out loud  smile

mtierney said:

There's a hearing, called by the GOP, being conducted today in order to air all of those allegations and they're coming up with no-thing. 

"Fox News cuts coverage" 

even though this hearing is total BS, it gave me a chuckle because I thought of this guy, whose name I hadn't heard in decades.

Here are excerpts from the WSJ story…

Tony Bobulinski: Joe Biden Was ‘the Brand’

Excerpts from the written testimony of Hunter Biden’s business partner.

March 19, 2024 at 5:04 pm ET

Tony Bobulinski, former business associate of Hunter Biden, in October 2020. PHOTO: TOM BRENNER/REUTERS

These are excerpts from the written testimony of Tony Bobulinski, a former business partner of Hunter Biden, submitted to the House Oversight and Accountability Committee Tuesday. Mr. Bobulinski is scheduled to testify before the committee Wednesday. Joe, Hunter and Jim Biden have disputed some of Mr. Bobulinski’s allegations.

“I want to be crystal clear: From my direct personal experience and what I have subsequently come to learn, it is clear to me that Joe Biden was “the Brand” being sold by the Biden family. His family’s foreign influence peddling operation—from China to Ukraine and elsewhere—sold out to foreign actors who were seeking to gain influence and access to Joe Biden and the United States government.

“Joe Biden was more than a participant in and beneficiary of his family’s business; he was an active, aware enabler who met with business associates such as myself to further the business, despite being buffered by a complex scheme to maintain plausible deniability.

“If there is no evidence of corruption—if Joe’s conduct and the conduct of his family were fully legal and proper—then why are they so dishonest about it? Not just slight misrepresentations of fact but deep untruths about the entire corrupt enterprise.

“.Hunter Biden gave his transcribed interview to the House Oversight Committee on February 28 and lied throughout his testimony. Here are just three key examples of his perjury:

1. In Hunter’s transcript (Page 42), he states, “I officially began to do work for CEFC when the—when I received a retainer from CEFC in early—or spring of 2017.”

“Why, then, did Hunter yell at CEFC Executive Director Zang in front of his entourage as I sat right next to him in New York City on Sunday May 7th, 2017? Hunter was adamant that he was owed the rest of the $20 Million CEFC had committed to paying for the work he had claimed he had done in prior years.

“2. On Page 48 of his transcript, Hunter is asked, “He’s never interacted with any of your business associates. Is that correct?” The “He’s” is a reference to Joe Biden.

Hunter responds, “Yes.”

“Hunter arranged the meeting between his father and me at the Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles on May 2, 2017. The sole reason Hunter wanted me to meet his father was because I was the CEO of Sinohawk, the Bidens’ partnership with CEFC. I was a business associate. In his transcript, Hunter confirms that that meeting with Joe took place and incriminates his Uncle Jim for perjury by confirming it.

“3. Hunter also lied to the Committee about important details concerning his money demands and threats to CEFC on July 30 and July 31, 2017. He leveraged his father’s presence next to him in that infamous text in order to strong-arm CEFC into paying Hunter immediately, and in the process defrauded the partners of Sinohawk Holdings LLC and Oneida Holdings LLC. The threat worked, as a few days later the Chinese wired $5 million dollars into a company of which Hunter owned 50%. It’s important to remember that the CEFC considered this money an interest-free loan to the “Biden family,” and planned to send more. I have the email from CEFC to prove it.

“Jim Biden also lied extensively throughout his transcribed interview before the Oversight Committee on February 21, and ironically, Hunter Biden—in his own testimony as outlined above—confirmed that Jim Biden perjured himself:

“1. Jim has been selling “plausible deniability” for so many years he can’t tell truth from the lies. On Page 100 of his transcript, he is asked: “Do you recall having a meeting with Hunter Biden, and Tony Bobulinski and Joe Biden?”

“Jim’s response: “Absolutely not.”

“The Committee was so shocked by his perjury they tried to ask the question again in a slightly different way:

“It’s your testimony here today that meeting never took place?”

“Jim responds, “Yes sir,” “that I was present for.”

“The Committee tried again: “Do you recall whether you were at the bar with Hunter Biden, Tony Bobulinski and Joe Biden?”

“Jim responds: “That I know did not happen.”

“Jim adds further, “But my brother was never there.”

On Page 134, delusional Jim Biden reiterates his untruthful answer again after the Committee showed him messages confirming I met with Joe Biden.

“Jim Biden states, “Joe Biden never met with Tony Bobulinski.”

That is just a flat-out lie.

“2. On Page 124 of his transcript, Jim Biden states, “It was Hunter Biden, myself, Gilliar. I don’t know. It was the five. Okay? And everybody was 20 percent. Okay? You know what was never executed. It was never signed.”

“Jim was then presented with a fully executed copy of the Oneida Holdings operating agreement that he and I had both signed along with Hunter Biden, Mr. James Gilliar and Mr. Robert Walker. On Page 132, Jim tries to claim he was not a member of Oneida Holdings.

“Jim is so dedicated to his lies that he describes the Oneida document, a large legal document signed by the Biden business partners, as something that I might have come up with after drinking a “quart of gin” (Page 124). It’s absurd.

on and on it goes…..

They made Gore, Mr. Squeaky Clean, into a pathological liar.

They made Kerry, a genuine war hero, into a coward.

And now they've got Biden. No scandals of any consequence, no hint of financial improprieties in a 50 year career and they've created "The Biden Crime Family" to smear him.

They're scum.

mtierney said:

Tony Bobulinski, former business associate of Hunter Biden, in October 2020. PHOTO: TOM BRENNER/REUTERS

These are excerpts from the written testimony of Tony Bobulinski, a former business partner of Hunter Biden, submitted to the House Oversight and Accountability Committee Tuesday. Mr. Bobulinski is scheduled to testify before the committee Wednesday. Joe, Hunter and Jim Biden have disputed some of Mr. Bobulinski’s allegations.

“I want to be crystal clear: From my direct personal experience and what I have subsequently come to learn, it is clear to me that Joe Biden was “the Brand” being sold by the Biden family. His family’s foreign influence peddling operation—from China to Ukraine and elsewhere—sold out to foreign actors who were seeking to gain influence and access to Joe Biden and the United States government.

“Joe Biden was more than a participant in and beneficiary of his family’s business; he was an active, aware enabler who met with business associates such as myself to further the business, despite being buffered by a complex scheme to maintain plausible deniability.

“If there is no evidence of corruption—if Joe’s conduct and the conduct of his family were fully legal and proper—then why are they so dishonest about it? Not just slight misrepresentations of fact but deep untruths about the entire corrupt enterprise.

“.Hunter Biden gave his transcribed interview to the House Oversight Committee on February 28 and lied throughout his testimony. Here are just three key examples of his perjury:

1. In Hunter’s transcript (Page 42), he states, “I officially began to do work for CEFC when the—when I received a retainer from CEFC in early—or spring of 2017.”

“Why, then, did Hunter yell at CEFC Executive Director Zang in front of his entourage as I sat right next to him in New York City on Sunday May 7th, 2017? Hunter was adamant that he was owed the rest of the $20 Million CEFC had committed to paying for the work he had claimed he had done in prior years.

“2. On Page 48 of his transcript, Hunter is asked, “He’s never interacted with any of your business associates. Is that correct?” The “He’s” is a reference to Joe Biden.

Hunter responds, “Yes.”

“Hunter arranged the meeting between his father and me at the Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles on May 2, 2017. The sole reason Hunter wanted me to meet his father was because I was the CEO of Sinohawk, the Bidens’ partnership with CEFC. I was a business associate. In his transcript, Hunter confirms that that meeting with Joe took place and incriminates his Uncle Jim for perjury by confirming it.

“3. Hunter also lied to the Committee about important details concerning his money demands and threats to CEFC on July 30 and July 31, 2017. He leveraged his father’s presence next to him in that infamous text in order to strong-arm CEFC into paying Hunter immediately, and in the process defrauded the partners of Sinohawk Holdings LLC and Oneida Holdings LLC. The threat worked, as a few days later the Chinese wired $5 million dollars into a company of which Hunter owned 50%. It’s important to remember that the CEFC considered this money an interest-free loan to the “Biden family,” and planned to send more. I have the email from CEFC to prove it.

“Jim Biden also lied extensively throughout his transcribed interview before the Oversight Committee on February 21, and ironically, Hunter Biden—in his own testimony as outlined above—confirmed that Jim Biden perjured himself:

“1. Jim has been selling “plausible deniability” for so many years he can’t tell truth from the lies. On Page 100 of his transcript, he is asked: “Do you recall having a meeting with Hunter Biden, and Tony Bobulinski and Joe Biden?”

“The Committee was so shocked by his perjury they tried to ask the question again in a slightly different way:

“The Committee tried again: “Do you recall whether you were at the bar with Hunter Biden, Tony Bobulinski and Joe Biden?”

On Page 134, delusional Jim Biden reiterates his untruthful answer again after the Committee showed him messages confirming I met with Joe Biden.

“2. On Page 124 of his transcript, Jim Biden states, “It was Hunter Biden, myself, Gilliar. I don’t know. It was the five. Okay? And everybody was 20 percent. Okay? You know what was never executed. It was never signed.”

“Jim was then presented with a fully executed copy of the Oneida Holdings operating agreement that he and I had both signed along with Hunter Biden, Mr. James Gilliar and Mr. Robert Walker. On Page 132, Jim tries to claim he was not a member of Oneida Holdings.

“Jim is so dedicated to his lies that he describes the Oneida document, a large legal document signed by the Biden business partners, as something that I might have come up with after drinking a “quart of gin” (Page 124). It’s absurd.

on and on it goes…..

we will all make sure not to vote for Jim Biden, while demanding his resignation, along with Hunter's of course, from their government positions.

This is the story that flopped spectacularly in the hearing, referenced in the excerpts previously provided. 

mtierney said:

Hunter responds, “Yes.”

on and on it goes…..

[Edited to add more about the flopping, including from Fox News] 

did I mention today that they're scum? and that includes the WSJ for printing this crap.

Here's their caveat about Bobolinksi:

Joe, Hunter and Jim Biden have disputed some of Mr. Bobulinski’s allegations.

That doesn't exactly capture the mendacious crapitude of his testimony.

ml1 said:

even though this hearing is total BS, it gave me a chuckle because I thought of this guy, whose name I hadn't heard in decades.

My dad had a friend who, any time he heard a baseball trivia question, would reply, “Bo Belinsky!”

Naturally, now I do, too.

drummerboy said:

ml1 said:

Wow

terp said:

drummerboy said:

ml1 said:

Wow

wow is right.

drummerboy said:

terp said:

drummerboy said:

ml1 said:

Wow

wow is right.

Let me put it this way.  If you can convince yourself that he was talking about an actual bloodbath, you are seriously deluded.  When people say TDS, this isn't even what they are talking about.  This is way more far gone than that. 

terp said:

drummerboy said:

terp said:

drummerboy said:

ml1 said:

Wow

wow is right.

Let me put it this way.  If you can convince yourself that he was talking about an actual bloodbath, you are seriously deluded.  When people say TDS, this isn't even what they are talking about.  This is way more far gone than that. 

what is an "actual bloodbath"?

anyway, what the word means is besides the point. the point is whether he was only talking about an effect on the auto industry alone, or was he talking about a reaction to his defeat? that he was actually talking about a reaction to his defeat and not just the auto industry is what ml1 explained and what I called friggin obvious.

the point of him using a word like that, and the way he used it, is to get his followers inflamed in case he loses.

that's it. MAGA's primary purpose is to inflame people. Whether it's CRT, DEI, "transgenderism", the sexual mutilation of kids, abortions after birth, the border, and on and on. The people pushing those issues couldn't care less about them. All they want is to get people's blood flowing in rage so that they turn out to vote.

that's it. and that was Trump's purpose too. And he does the same thing a thousand different ways at his rallies.

again - friggin obvious.

and, c'mon. TDS? the only people experiencing TDS are among his supporters. Not among the people who recognize his threat.

go ahead, google "examples of trump inflammatory language"

have a ball

TDS my ****.

drummerboy said:

terp said:

drummerboy said:

terp said:

drummerboy said:

ml1 said:

Wow

wow is right.

what is an "actual bloodbath"?

anyway, what the word means is besides the point. the point is whether he was only talking about an effect on the auto industry alone, or was he talking about a reaction to his defeat? that he was actually talking about a reaction to his defeat and not just the auto industry is what ml1 explained and what I called friggin obvious.

the point of him using a word like that, and the way he used it, is to get his followers inflamed in case he loses.

that's it. MAGA's primary purpose is to inflame people. Whether it's CRT, DEI, "transgenderism", the sexual mutilation of kids, abortions after birth, the border, and on and on. The people pushing those issues couldn't care less about them. All they want is to get people's blood flowing in rage so that they turn out to vote.

that's it. and that was Trump's purpose too. And he does the same thing a thousand different ways at his rallies.

again - friggin obvious.

and, c'mon. TDS? the only people experiencing TDS are among his supporters. Not among the people who recognize his threat.

go ahead, google "examples of trump inflammatory language"

have a ball

TDS my ****.

Insanity

Trump and his supporters have a history of responding violently to elections that don't go the way they want. What's the basis for being so dismissive of his comments threatening future violence?

terp said:

Insanity

does this mean that you don't think that Trump regularly engages in inflammatory rhetoric, and that it's of no concern?

I don't actually see how anyone can believe that unless they live in a cave.

DB wrote…

“that's it. MAGA's primary purpose is to inflame people. Whether it's CRT, DEI, "transgenderism", the sexual mutilation of kids, abortions after birth, the border, and on and on. The people pushing those issues couldn't care less about them. All they want is to get people's blood flowing in rage so that they turn out to vote.”

I have to ask: So, you believe the issues you list to be not real, but just campaign tools? Someone needs to tell progressives, liberals, abortion rights folks, the press,  higher education professors, the sporting world,  our politicians in Washington, etc the news! 

Make America Great Again voters are riled up about nothing?

What a relief! Just when I was beginning to believe the world was really going to hell in a handbasket!

mtierney said:

DB wrote…

“that's it. MAGA's primary purpose is to inflame people. Whether it's CRT, DEI, "transgenderism", the sexual mutilation of kids, abortions after birth, the border, and on and on. The people pushing those issues couldn't care less about them. All they want is to get people's blood flowing in rage so that they turn out to vote.”

I have to ask: So, you believe the issues you list to be not real, but just campaign tools? Someone needs to tell progressives, liberals, abortion rights folks, the press,  higher education professors, the sporting world,  our politicians in Washington, etc the news! 

Make America Great Again voters are riled up about nothing?

What a relief! Just when I was beginning to believe the world was really going to hell in a handbasket!

well, let's see

CRT being taught in the public school system doesn't actually happen. How can they care about a thing that doesn't happen?

The right claims that it causes unqualified minorities to be hired, sometimes for critical positions like doctors and airline pilots. This, again, is not true. So what's the concern with DEI again?

The issue of sexual surgery on kids - the right says that kids of any age can just decide to have surgery on their own and that it's happening to thousands of kids. Neither is true. Furthermore, the right uses even more inflammatory language like "genital mutilation" and pretend it's widespread. They even go so far as to say that toddler's are receiving surgery. Of course that's not true. Yet again, they're just making things up. What can be more infuriating to someone than to believe that we're allowing and even promoting cutting the penis off of young kids? Because that's what it's all about. To get that imagery into people's heads. 

Do I really need to explain that abortions after birth is not a thing? It's called murder.

The border is the closest thing to being an issue that requires some action. But if the right actually cared to solve it, they would be working on negotiating the proposed bill in Congress, which is the most conservative immigration legislation in a generation. Instead, they sabotaged the bill and are not even pretending that the only reason they're against it is to help Trump win re-election. So, obviously, they couldn't care less about immigration.

So yes,  Make America Great Again voters are riled up about nothing. And they're being deliberately riled up by their political leaders. And by Foxnews and Fox wannabes, of course.

And I didn't even mention the Biden Crime Family and Hunter Biden's laptop.

A good introduction into how serious the GOP is about what they say on TV to rile up their followers. Jared Moskowitz yesterday motioned to impeach President Biden after 15 months of hearings, and neither Comey nor Jordan would second his motion. They’re not going to impeach him because they have nothing, but they will continue to string their base along for votes in the next election.

mtierney said:

I have to ask: So, you believe the issues you list to be not real, but just campaign tools?

Your postings in this thread strongly suggest yes?

In general, people should like what they like -- if you enjoy seeking out stories that make you angry and afraid well, who can judge other people's tastes? The problem is that it isn't just harmless (?) entertainment, but directed toward destructive ends targeting the safety and well-being of others. The right-wing fearmongers stoke hatred and fear and direct that against vulnerable people, and then leverage that to get into power where they use the power of the state to target vulnerable people. See for instance how Trump destroyed families at the border while president, kidnapping children so that even today some parents and children are unable to find each other again. See for instance right wing politicians in Texas attacking families of transgender youth. See for instance Republicans across the board unwilling to offer more than a shrug and "thoughts and prayers" in response to the numbingly regular mass shootings enabled by idolatrous fealty to gun rights.

terp says: "Let me put it this way. If you can convince yourself that he was talking about an actual bloodbath, you are seriously deluded. When people say TDS, this isn't even what they are talking about. This is way more far gone than that."

I don't have to believe he's talking about an actual bloodbath (or not talking about an actual bloodbath, who can tell when he talks?), but i'm betting the word lights up some of his more extreme believers, and i'm pretty sure he's aware of that.  Irresponsible at the very least.

Maybe terp is Jamaican, he’s talking about a blood claath 

If there's a bloodbath, a little bleach will take care of that. 

Only the elites eat out of a blood bath.

Let’s play a little game to cool our jets here: The cartoon I am posting picks up on a description of a senator by the former president during the time DJT was under investigation for just about everything, and  the cartoonist includes the remark in his drawing. 

Who spots the reference? DJT had/has an uncanny knack for critiquing others. It appears he can take all the personal barbs thrown at him.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.