What series should I watch next?

Hijack on apple with idris elba is great - 3 out of 7 episodes are out so far.

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

Just watched the final episode of Never Have I Ever.  Unbelievably adorable. 

Totally agree. And with a bit more gravitas than your generally adorable rom com stuff.  I believe I felt similar to the first seasons of her other show: Sex lives of College Girls which I will continue to watch when the next season drops.  Have your tried the Mindy Project? I believe I did but it didn't grab me.

jeffl said:

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

I started watching the new season of The Bear and enjoying it. (If you like Jeremy Allen White in The Bear, check him out in the 11 seasons of Shameless.)

Agreed.  I think it's brilliant acting and directing.  It's one of those shows/movies where the dialogue feels real, as if they're improvising it.  

this deserves to be repeated.  The Bear was da bomb.  Lots of awards should be coming at it. 

I saw in the paper that Prime was showing episodes of L.A. Law. My ex and I watched that show religiously when it was on in the late 80s. I've started watching it again and it's quite fun. Arnie Becker, Douglas Brackman, Stuart Markowitz, Roxanne, Grace Van Owen (played by the lovely Susan Dey) and the rest. 

I'm ready for the return of Showtime's Billions. Last season.

Not sure if its been mentioned but we've been watching the 7 episode series "Hijack" on Apple.  Excellent but very stressful.

I dropped out of Platonic on Apple TV after a couple of episodes - I just wasn't into it. However, I'm loving this other weird show on Apple called Strange Planet - a cartoon based on Nathan W. Pyle's comic strips about Beings on another world living out their regular lives as a poignant and funny reflection of ours. Teeth are Mouth Stones, Coffee is Jitter Liquid, Spicy Food is Painful Sustenance. I recommend.

We're binging the final 2 seasons of The Good Fight - I think we got a month trial of Paramount plus through Prime.  Season 5 is really good with Mandy Patiinkin.

Other then that - Billions will be wrapping things up soon - should be an interesting finale.

Finally watched the final 3 episodes of Sex Education on Netflix. Not as good as Season 1 but still a lovely show with great characters and wonderful acting. Bummed that Otis and Maeve don't end up together but a very sweet ending. 

Billions ended. I could go for another season. Thought it was well written and acted.

I've been watching The Borgias on Showtime. It was a 2011 to 2013 series. Impressive.

I heard Bupkis is good.  I may try it out - not a huge Pete Davidson fan, but is does have Joe Pesci, Edie Falco Bobby Carnivale and Brad Garrett in it.

Forget series, try Nyad on Netflix!

rcarter31 said:

That was really good - Annette Benning and Jodie Foster.  also - we do have a movie recommendation thread here: https://maplewood.worldwebs.com/forums/discussion/movie-talk   smile

rcarter31 said:

It's on my shortlist!!

Fargo just started up again.  A familiar start - love it so far.  I only saw 1 of the 2 episodes they released yesterday.

If you liked Squid Game - the reality show that the just released is surprisingly enjoyable.  Prize is 4.5 million.  It's 5 episodes in.

"Take Care of Maya" is very good and heartbreaking.  On Netflix.

A documentary film.

I wrote in the movie thread that I loved The Railway Men on Netflix. Limited series, about the Union Carbide disaster in Bhopal. So well done. Be sure to turn on the dubbing though.

started watching the new season of Fargo. I haven't kept up with it over the past seasons and now I know why. It's real freakin' creepy. But this season has Juno Temple and I love her. You may remember her stunning role in Ted Lasso. I think I'll watch the rest of the season as it drops.

Slow horses is back with season 3

great stuff!

Enjoying the second season of The Gilded Age.

Morgan Spector, Christine Baranski and Cynthia Nixon are just a few of the spectacular cast.

New York in the 1880s.

Morganna said:

Enjoying the second season of The Gilded Age.

Morgan Spector, Christine Baranski and Cynthia Nixon are just a few of the spectacular cast.

New York in the 1880s.

Yes - good season so far - and also created and written by Julian Fellowes of Downton Abbey fame.

What's everyone watching out there?  This thread has been quiet. 

Current season of Fargo is my top pick.

Julia on Max wrapped up their latest season - that's always really well done!

I've been watching Fargo, but only for Juno Temple .  

Jon Hamm is exactly that, a ham. The whole Camp Utopia thing with the puppets and the Lindas was really dumb. And the violence is so often thrown in for effect with no reason within the plot. 

One man's opinion. 

jamie said:

What's everyone watching out there?  This thread has been quiet. 

Current season of Fargo is my top pick.

Julia on Max wrapped up their latest season - that's always really well done!

Julia was great as always. I really hope they pick up season 3, but technically if they don't, then they've left it in a good place.

Currently, we're watching season 4 of Apple's alt history show, For All Mankind, season 2 of Reacher, and have just started an obscure Australian police comedy called Deadloch. For Deadloch, you will need subtitles and a Gobi Desert-level dry sense of humor, but it's very entertaining and the central murder mystery is pretty compelling so far (on episode 2 right now). Finished season 3 of Slow Horses and was happy to see they've green-lit season 5. I started watching Beacon 23 because my in-laws have MGM+, but I don't, so I haven't finished it yet.

We're on season 1 of For All Mankind - so we may be stuck on this for a bit.

We saw that Berlin - Heist series on Netflix.  It had a promising start - the heist parts were fun - but the romantic side plots were a bit of a bore.  I probably wouldn't recommend it.

First 2 episodes of Criminal Record dropped on Apple - nice start so far.  It stars Cush Jumbo from the Good Fight - she's great!

I started watching LOUDERMILK starring Ron Livingstone as a drug/alcohol counselor (Netflix). Meh. Similar to so many other shows. Episodes are short. 

Finished Season 3 of Slow Horses.  Still quite good.  Oldman is superb.

I'm a big fan of the highly praised Reservation Dogs but nobody else I know seems to watch it. 

Love Reservation Dogs!  Even though she was only in two episodes Golden Globe winner Lily Gladstone was mesmerizing. The scene where she explains community using vending machine snacks is wonderful.

I also liked Jana Schmieding in Rutherford Falls. Some of the plots were uninteresting - who cares that a white guy is losing privilege? But I enjoyed Schmieding's scenes showing the complexity of Native American life.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.