What series should I watch next?

jamie said:

Hijack on apple with idris elba is great - 3 out of 7 episodes are out so far.

I just binged it in two nights- really enjoyed it.

oots said:

jamie said:

Hijack on apple with idris elba is great - 3 out of 7 episodes are out so far.

I just binged it in two nights- really enjoyed it.

profoundly stressful but excellent.

bub said:

Finished Season 3 of Slow Horses.  Still quite good.  Oldman is superb.

Gary Oldman? He's superb in anything. He played Churchill under an acre of makeup and costumes in Darkest Hour (2017) but his amazing talent came through. 

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

bub said:

Finished Season 3 of Slow Horses.  Still quite good.  Oldman is superb.

Gary Oldman? He's superb in anything. He played Churchill under an acre of makeup and costumes in Darkest Hour (2017) but his amazing talent came through. 

The whole cast is excellent, including Jack Lowden (during season 1, we called him Dollar Store Simon Pegg, but he's definitely grown on us.)

HANDS DOWN! NORTHERN Exposure on Prime

Did anyone else waste their time with The Curse?  Just curious.  I liked the premise and I like Emma Stone - but overall pretty wacky - I need to google interpretations for the ending.

Good to see Northern Exposure on Prime- they really stayed off the streaming services for a long time.  One of my all time favorite shows.

Been watching The Bear.

(a bit of) spoiler alert: 

Watched the Christmas dinner episode last night.  Truly an excellent disturbing little horror movie.   

bub said:

Been watching The Bear.

(a bit of) spoiler alert: 

Watched the Christmas dinner episode last night.  Truly an excellent disturbing little horror movie.   

The Christmas episode is extraordinary.

The first two episodes of Expats have been released.  It's on Prime.

I'm watching Season 2 of The Bear and I'm loving it. Such great characters and the writing is so generous to the characters. They're all written as real, feeling people. 

Marcus in Denmark. Tina in cooking school. The sincere charm and intelligence of Sydney. The surprisingly great acting of John Mulaney. And Carmy, of course. Jeremy White was great (and a bit similar) in Shameless. 

We all know someone like Richie and wish he would go away. 

ETA: maybe some of the best Jamie Lee Curtis work ever. 

Bob Odenkirk passed my by in the street yesterday in NYC.

"ETA: maybe some of the best Jamie Lee Curtis work ever."

Totally agree. That entire Christmas episode: Fishes was intense and amazing.

By the way I saw season 2 when it aired on Hulu. Is it just being watched now by most others?

wendy said:

"ETA: maybe some of the best Jamie Lee Curtis work ever."

Totally agree. That entire Christmas episode: Fishes was intense and amazing.

By the way I saw season 2 when it aired on Hulu. Is it just being watched now by most others?

I must say I didn’t like the ending at all. Locking Carmy in the walk/in for the opening of the restaurant was lame. 

I think the locking in based on the reasons it happened (what he was dealing with and let slide, etc.) made it not lame for me.

wendy said:

I think the locking in based on the reasons it happened (what he was dealing with and let slide, etc.) made it not lame for me.

It allowed for Richie to redeem himself.

I started watching Mr. & Mrs. Smith on Amazon Prime, starring Maya Erskine and Donald Glover. I'm about three episodes in and it's much better than I expected. The show is focused mostly on their personal and working relationship. There are some very good actors in the supporting cast.

yahooyahoo said:

I started watching Mr. & Mrs. Smith on Amazon Prime, starring Maya Erskine and Donald Glover. I'm about three episodes in and it's much better than I expected. The show is focused mostly on their personal and working relationship. There are some very good actors in the supporting cast.

I watched the 1st two epis based on your recommendation. I’d’ve watched more but it got too late. I’m not sure I’ll stick with it. Too romcom. But they’re attractive and it moves along. Is that enough?

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

yahooyahoo said:

I watched the 1st two epis based on your recommendation. I’d’ve watched more but it got too late. I’m not sure I’ll stick with it. Too romcom. But they’re attractive and it moves along. Is that enough?

It's definitely not an action show. It's mainly about their relationship. There is some action in every episode, but if you want a spy action series then this is not it.

Watched first ep of The New Look on Apple+ last night. Yikes that was good, but I had to watch an ep of The Durrells afterward because it’s such an ugly reminder of how twisted life under nazi occupation was. Thoroughly compelling, though, I definitely recommend.

Saw The End of the F***ing World on Netflix recently, two seasons of about 8 episodes each or so.  Started out very bizarrely and almost unbearable, but morphed into appreciation of a strange and caring relationship, combined with a thriller, and rather addicting.

The Tourist on Netflix. Season 2 drops soon!

Wonderful young actress Danielle Macdonald!  She is also in the quirky Film, Falling For Figaro!

rcarter31 said:

The Tourist on Netflix. Season 2 drops soon!

Wonderful young actress Danielle Macdonald!  She is also in the quirky Film, Falling For Figaro!

The first season was great.  I had no idea a second season was on the way. Looking forward to it.

yahooyahoo said:

The first season was great.  I had no idea a second season was on the way. Looking forward to it.

Feb 29

yahooyahoo said:

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

yahooyahoo said:

It's definitely not an action show. It's mainly about their relationship. There is some action in every episode, but if you want a spy action series then this is not it.

I hated the way it ended. Two thumbs down from me. 

On the other hand, I loved One Day (Netflix). I found it very compelling.

We really liked Vigil on Peacock.    2 Seasons of it!

loved two seasons of Professor T — season three begins 3/3 — on Prime. 

KarenMarlowe said:

On the other hand, I loved One Day (Netflix). I found it very compelling.

Never heard of it - will check it out. 

mtierney said:

loved two seasons of Professor T — season three begins 3/3 — on Prime. 

rcarter31 said:

We really liked Vigil on Peacock.    2 Seasons of it!

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.