Who Meddled more Putin or Trump? The Collusion Thread visits Venezuela

Taibbi is comparing Maddow to O'Reilly now - I can only read the start of the article where he outlines how Bill ramped up the false Hussein WMD narrative. So, I can only assume that he's highlighting Maddow's false Russia narrative. But I would have to $5 a month for this. Oh well.

I wish he would do more actual reporting - it's more like anti-reporting.  I've enjoyed him in the past.  But what he's doing is almost as bad as what's he's accusing Maddow of doing.  He's on a mission to discredit and at many times - he can't completely disprove all of the allegations.  He will just mostly bring up and repeat the low confidence reports.

I'm so tired of the russia hoax people.

don't know if paul still lurks here, but this made me think of when he was so believing of Barr's preliminary report on the Mueller investigation, and the rest of us called him on his naivete

https://www.balloon-juice.com/2021/05/05/liar-liar-big-fat-liar/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+balloon-juice+%28www.balloon-juice.com%29

A federal judge in Washington accused the Justice Department under Attorney General William P. Barr of misleading her and Congress about advice he had received from top department officials on whether President Donald J. Trump should have been charged with obstructing the Russia investigation and ordered that a related memo be released.

Judge Amy Berman Jackson of the United States District Court in Washington said in a ruling late Monday that the Justice Department’s obfuscation appeared to be part of a pattern in which top officials like Mr. Barr were untruthful to Congress and the public about the investigation.

The department had argued that the memo was exempt from public records laws because it consisted of private advice from lawyers whom Mr. Barr had relied on to make the call on prosecuting Mr. Trump. But Judge Jackson, who was appointed by President Barack Obama in 2011, ruled that the memo contained strategic advice, and that Mr. Barr and his aides already understood what his decision would be.

You'd have to ask Trump about that.

drummerboy said:

You'd have to ask Trump about that.

"We will all stay with you Mr.President in that fight"

paulsurovell said:

You mean we don't have to hate Maduro anymore?

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/05/world/americas/venezuela-russia-usa.html

I read the article.  Disregard Mr. Surovell's description of its import.

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

I'm old enough to remember when @nohero was also "staying with" Guaido, defending him as the real president, who's apparently being dumped by Biden (if you read the NYT article).

The war in Ukraine will force many people to take sides.  Maduro is better off selling his oil to U.S. refiners to keep global prices down than he is siding with Butcher Putin.

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

I'm old enough to remember when @nohero was also "staying with" Guaido, defending him as the real president, who's apparently being dumped by Biden (if you read the NYT article).

That's not what the article says. Intelligent people can understand that recognition of Maduro's control of the oil is different from recognizing the legitimacy of his government.

I noticed former Fox Business host Trish Regan was quoted in the article you linked.  Apparently, you and she are on the same wavelength.

Looked for Guaido's congratulations but I couldn't find it -- @nohero can you help?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.