Whose runaway popularity don't you get?

okay, it’s not runaway popularity, but how does Howie Mandel even have a career?

bub said:

jeffl said:

bub said:
From the aforementioned Tumbleweed Connection, this soaring soulful ode to lost love/lust.  You just might remember it from the soundtrack of the great 70s flick Dog Day Afternoon even if you don't know this album:

Come Down In Time.  Another beautiful song from this album. 

https://youtu.be/a_yc231bMIk
 I love Come Down in Time and streamed it this a.m. right after posting Almoreena.

where to now, st Peter..

jeffl said:
okay, it’s not runaway popularity, but how does Howie Mandel even have a career?

In high school we thought his "Bobby" comedy routines were hilarious and would quote them all the time in that little kid voice.

Then they turned "Bobby" into a mediocre animated show. And next thing I knew, it was a few decades later, and he's hosting 'Deal or No Deal'.

sprout said:

jeffl said:
In high school we thought his "Bobby" comedy routines were hilarious and would quote them all the time in that little kid voice.
Then they turned "Bobby" into a mediocre animated show. And next thing I knew, it was a few decades later, and he's hosting 'Deal or No Deal'. 

Heh. I had forgotten all about Bobby.  vampire 

In between, there was St. Elsewhere. Long live St. Elsewhere.

DaveSchmidt said:

sprout said:

jeffl said:

For me it was St. Elsewhere, I didn’t even know he was a stand up 

Maybe a bit past his runaway popularity period but Dan Brown.  Couldn't get past 5 pages of the supposedly great DaVinci Code.  A terrible hack, non-writer.

Oasis (the band) is highly overrated.

I also never got why so many people liked Adele.  Same goes for Celine Dion.  I also can't stand Journey or AC/DC but apparently a lot of people seem to love their music.  

yahooyahoo said:
Oasis (the band) is highly overrated.

If only they had loved the Beatles more.

ridski said:

DaveSchmidt said:

sprout said:

jeffl said:
 For me it was St. Elsewhere, I didn’t even know he was a stand up 

I can't remember what I did yesterday, but I still remember my friend in high school quoting:

"And she says 'Bobby?'

So I say 'What?'  'Well, what would you say?' "

Jerry Lewis

I Love Lucy

bub said:
Maybe a bit past his runaway popularity period but Dan Brown.  Couldn't get past 5 pages of the supposedly great DaVinci Code.  A terrible hack, non-writer.

Really bad stuff. 

I'm puzzled by the fact that Phil Collins ever sold a record

Chelsea Handler

Amy Schumer

equally talentless and unfunny.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.